• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deiondre Porter, DTQB, Jefferson HS

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Don't wriite him off yet. He is a Signing Day announce (always said that) and it will be "surprising"/ Our fan base needs to be patient about this.

The staff has moved on... He may end up at UF or UM.... but it won't be here.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Not what I'm hearing. I had given up until I was given update recently. Guess we'll see.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  2,333
  • Content Count:  21,324
  • Days Won:  10

Don't wriite him off yet. He is a Signing Day announce (always said that) and it will be "surprising"/ Our fan base needs to be patient about this.

The staff has moved on... He may end up at UF or UM.... but it won't be here.

I agree, he is gone.  He is after what he thinks is a better deal.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Looks like he dropped us like a bad habit once he got a few other offers.  Forget about him, but best of luck to him, hope he can see the field somewhere. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Hopefully we can get a flip somewhere to make up for this. 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

To be honest he's a great athlete and definitely would be a bonus to this class but currently the position he would be vying for WR/CB is not as dire of a situation as say Runningback, so with that said if we lose porter but win out on Mack or D'ernest then by all means. Best of Luck to him

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

To be honest he's a great athlete and definitely would be a bonus to this class but currently the position he would be vying for WR/CB is not as dire of a situation as say Runningback, so with that said if we lose porter but win out on Mack or D'ernest then by all means. Best of Luck to him

This 100%

Best of luck to him regardless of where he goes to play.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Wherever Deiondre goes, I hope he can manage to keep his pants up.  The rest of the world ain't Jefferson.  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Why would he decommit just to commit again as a signing day surprise? That doesn't make any sense.

A lot more fun to have a signing day party with UM and UF on the table.  So, if he does comes here, the Bulls crowd will go nuts to see him ignore the UM and UF hats, and snatching a USF cap.

But...it's his day, and he can do as he chooses.  I like the way this class is shaping up, and I'd love to have Porter...but losing him won't tank this class, at all.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

I guess times have changed.  When I was a kid growing up my mother pounded into me about being good on your word.  I don't wish this kid any harm or bad, but he has no idea how he (and kids like him) really screws up a program by doing this to a team in the last few weeks before signing day.  In talking with past USF coaches, they really wish there was an early signing period so that if they are the first to discover that diamond in the rough that that kid would be committed. 

Just don't commit if you aren't going to stay committed.  Let the school you are about to screw, by not staying committed, have a chance to recruit other players.  I just don't get this.  Maybe it is a generational thing. 

• Upvote 1