• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

BJ got us enough leads in the 4th quarter like he did Friday that Skip would still be here if he had the defense to have held them ...

By my count 7 blown leads in BJ's career. 6 under skip.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

BJ got us enough leads in the 4th quarter like he did Friday that Skip would still be here if he had the defense to have held them ...

By my count 7 blown leads in BJ's career. 6 under skip.

That 1 under the previous regime was, I think, the most heart wrenching based on the circumstances ... and interestingly enough, that game winning fg was kicked by a Teggart.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Being the 49ers fan that I am, I post on their boards a lot, and BJ is definitely the talk of the preseason so far. McCoy and Tolzien have been terrible and especially disappointing for Tolzien considering he's going into his 3rd season with knowledge of the playbook.

As I've posted on the 49ers board, Daniels is not ready to be the No.2 QB right now, but he should be the No.3 with a chance to move up over the course of a year to No.2. As dominate as the 49ers offensive line is suppose to be, they are not great at pass blocking so there must be an athletic QB behind center at all times. Kaepernick makes that OL look better because he can escape pressure and still make plays with his arm and his legs. Harbaugh knows this and this is why he's taken a special interest is Daniels potential, who can do some of the same things, not on the level of Kaepernick, but he doesn't have to be. Also if the time comes where Colin can't start or finish a game, Daniels can step in with the playbook remaining the same.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Psh. Kap is from a non-AQ school and BJ from the BE powerhouse. He's better.

:GoBulls:

Did someone say BJ was better than Kap? Must have missed it but that would be insane.

All I have said is that i was excited BJ was getting a chance and had done well. Admittedly I made some snide references to the old staff too.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802

Did someone say BJ was better than Kap? Must have missed it but that would be insane.

All I have said is that i was excited BJ was getting a chance and had done well. Admittedly I made some snide references to the old staff too.

I'm saying BJ is better than Kap. Tongue in cheek, of course. It was a shot at Non-AQ status teams; might as well do it while I can.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i re-watched "the drive".  I still see a lot of the same QB we saw at USF.  If his first read was covered he was in trouble.  He made some poor choices on whether to scramble or not and the speed of the NFL (even 3rd string guys on KC) were not fooled by his moves.

I still say it is a long shot for him to make the 53 man roster.

i re-watched "the drive". I still see a lot of the same QB we saw at USF. If his first read was covered he was in trouble. He made some poor choices on whether to scramble or not and the speed of the NFL (even 3rd string guys on KC) were not fooled by his moves.

I still say it is a long shot for him to make the 53 man roster.

You're probably right about making the roster. But, he only has to beat out tozien for that to happen.

We'll see how he does playing against the 1st and 2d teamers next week if he gets more time as harbaugh said he would. Tozien and McCoy have been awful.