• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers QB, Miami Jackson HS

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

We pulled the plug on Tyler Harris, could this be why? Be fun to have a little run n gun mixed in to throw defenses for a loop.

When did that happen?

In GA's article this am.

The final eight teams to advance out of the 43-team field: Westminster, Tampa Bay Tech, Seabreeze,  Pierce County (Ga.), Gaither, South Plantation, Davie Western, Armwood. Pierce County QB Tyler Harris looked solid, but my understanding is that USF is no longer recruiting him -- he looks like a safe bet to SMU, where he'll visit next week

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/westminster-edges-tbt-for-7-on-7-title-at-usf/2132543

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

@Safid_Deen: Miami Jackson dual-threat QB Quinton Flowers says he's down to Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Marshall & USF (Prev committed to Bulls in June).

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

@Safid_Deen: Just spoke with Miami Jackson QB Quinton Flowers, who will be heading up to Auburn on Friday and Alabama on Saturday on unofficial visits.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

@Safid_Deen: Miami Jackson dual-threat QB Quinton Flowers says he's down to Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Marshall & USF (Prev committed to Bulls in June).

Marshall?

Of course, the SEC homers ask, USF??

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

At least we know Auburn and Bama have both brought in high profile QB recruits for 2014 already.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Have to think he wouldn't be at QB at Bama, Auburn, etc...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Keep in mind all of those schools aren't recruiting him as a QB. Only a few are recruiting him as a QB and Bama/Auburn aren't among them.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yeah, the big time offers are as an athlete not QB

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

This situation brings to mind the fact that the Longhorns evaluated Johnny Manziel as a defensive back and didnt even give him an offer. He ended up at Texas A&M at QB, and the rest is history.

That's an example of why he should come to USF.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Wow. This article has some pretty heartfelt quotes and I think he was meant for us. Things happen for a reason..... Maybe it's just that his destiny and ours are intertwined. He has every physical skill and it sounds like he is emotionally ready for this transition. To some he might not look like CWTs ideal QB but the desire of a young man in this position may outweigh his background or training for what he wants to accomplish. He sounds awfully ready for greatness to me. Whatever he decides to do, I will always be in his corner pulling for him. God bless you Wanky.

Miami Jackson QB Quinton Flowers to visit Bama, Auburn

1l9Hbp.Em.56.jpeg
Miami Jackson QB Quinton Flowers breaks away from Booker T's Dimitrius Gibson at Traz Powell Stadium on Friday, Oct. 12, 2012.
Al Diaz / Miami Herald Staff

By Safid Deen sdeen@MiamiHerald.com

Miami Jackson dual-threat quarterback Quinton Flowers plans on taking unofficial visits to Auburn and Alabama this weekend.

Flowers is being recruited by the national champion Crimson Tide as a wide receiver, whereas the other schools in his top five — South Florida, Auburn, Tennessee and Marshall — are recruiting him to play his natural position.

Flowers said USF, Marshall and Tennessee have shown the most interest of late, adding the Bulls have not wavered since Flowers orally committed to USF on June 14 only to retract his pledge the next day.

Although Alabama might sit atop Flowers’ list, switching to another position is not an option for the 6-0, 200-pound prospect who lives with his uncle’s family because both of his parents are deceased.

“To tell you the truth, I don’t want to play receiver,†Flowers said. “The last thing my mom saw me do was play quarterback. That was the last thing she saw me do.â€

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/02/3537480/miami-jackson-qb-quinton-flowers.html#storylink=cpy