• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers QB, Miami Jackson HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I would be really excited to see him come here. He may not be CWT's style of QB but he seems to have the heart and desire. If he is athletically able I am sure CWT could train him to be a good qb. He would really have the chance to help transform our program and make an impact, something I have a feeling he would want to do to make his mom proud. Time will tell but this guy just attitude wise is leaps and bounds ahead of litton. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I consider him a DEEP project as a quarterback though and you'd have to bring him along pretty slow. I'd love to have him but he's got to be like a 1-B to a 1-A that you feel more confident about, like a Chase Litton or Tyler Harris.

Will say this though, Bulls picked up a receiver that would probably jive well with Wanky Flowers. Stanley Clerveaux is great at coming down with contested balls in traffic and when Wanky breaks the pocket he's going to be going deep a lot and asking his receiver to tag his route deep and then come down with the contested football.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

He's got Larry Blustein's vote. Larry has seen an awful lot of QB's in his day, it's also obvious LB likes him personally. Seems like a really solid kid. Could be a true leader at USF.

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/videos/all/palm-beach-shootout-7-7-quinton-flowers

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421

Ready for a re-commit form this young man as a QB... 

Supposedly he was in Bama and Auburn this weekend...  Anyone have any news out there???..

Continually reported he does not want to be a WR  ...so it still makes USF a great choice  signing him as a QB....

Litton is gone  thanks be to ******

Go Bulls

• 2 weeks later...

I still think he and Coach have formed a bond. I personally think his skills will translate into a perfect storm at USF. We have been courting the next great PS hope for so long now and they have all been prima donna head cases. I say all in on Wanky

@boyrazor I think Flowers might have wanted to be a silent commit, there still might be a chance there. I wrote about Litton & USF a few

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I agree.  I like this kid's passion and hope he ends up here even if he doesn't perfectly fit the system.  If they can develop him into a smart QB who avoids mistakes and can make the short plays that Taggart's offense requires, then his legs could make him deadly.  I do believe that a mobile QB can still work in this offense, if he has a decent brain/arm and buys into the system.

Corey is convinced he wants to play for Coach. I agree

@BILLREEF @boyrazor I think Flowers is going to end up there still. He knows that staff will give him a fair shot to play quarterback

Flowers has gone back to saying that he has no frontrunners. I think he is figuring out the game. His most important criteria for selecting a school is that they are a family and that they want to win. I like that Willie is flexible enough in his plans to give Flowers a real shot. Interview from 2 days ago.

http://sfsn.tv/quinton-flowers-qb-jackson-senior-high/

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802

BJ Daniels. Part Deux. I'll pass.

(Just kidding. BJ would've been great had Holtz not ruined him.)

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

To be fair to holtz we've lacked the supporting cast for Bj much of his career.