• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers QB, Miami Jackson HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Because he thinks since Carnes couldn't beat out Taylor Martinez there's no way Flowers can come in next year with no established starter and play QB there.

Have you never heard the phrase "cautionary tale"? You can kid yourself and say there are no similarities but they seem apparent to me.

There are some very distant similarities, but you said the situations were EXACTLY the same.  Yes, you even included CAPS for emphasis on how EXACT the situations were.  

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Because he thinks since Carnes couldn't beat out Taylor Martinez there's no way Flowers can come in next year with no established starter and play QB there.

Have you never heard the phrase "cautionary tale"? You can kid yourself and say there are no similarities but they seem apparent to me.

There are some very distant similarities, but you said the situations were EXACTLY the same.  Yes, you even included CAPS for emphasis on how EXACT the situations were.  

Spot on, chief - EXACT was hyperbole.  As you imply, Quinton and Brion are not genetically identical, we are not in 2010, they are from different high schools, and the rosters at their respective schools also have changed in the interim.  What a GREAT point, we are all so much more enlightened now that you pointed out my foolish, foolish, mistake.

Jesus christ you are dense.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Spot on, chief - EXACT was hyperbole.  As you imply, Quinton and Brion are not genetically identical, we are not in 2010, they are from different high schools, and the rosters at their respective schools also have changed in the interim.  What a GREAT point, we are all so much more enlightened now that you pointed out my foolish, foolish, mistake.

Ouch

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

LOL

Looks like Flowers is going to Nebraska, Benjamin Knox is going to UL and Kendrick Holland is headed to the Gobblers. Our recruiting class is headed the same direction as our season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Someone will take a chance if Darlington is willing to take a chance.  Most programs have players currently on their roster with multiple concussions.

Not a month apart. With today's policies. I am shocked he was even back on the field yet.

But in the meantime, Rivals tweets

Big news concerning #USF and Quinton Flowers. Thanks @RivalsKynon for the article

Maybe this thing ain't over yet. I would love to eat this crow. Flowers is on the top of my board.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I hope we can land him

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We want him @ QB, that'll keep us in the hunt. It may mean nothing at all, but the kid did commit to us for half a cup of coffee.