• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Didn't seem to be many seats

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Reality: $80 season ticket holders are worthless. I think we've learned that the last 5 or so years.

That's a **** mentality to have. All ticket holders bring something to the table. Just because they can't drop a couple grand on USF season tickets doesn't make them any less important. Butts in seats is what you need, and you need to win games to make that happen above all else. I'm not too keen on driving all the way to St. Pete to watch the Rays but when they offered reasonably priced tickets with a free hot dog & a soda, my butt was in that seat along with 4 others.

100% agree

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

Mike, re: game day traffic, you aren't talking about USF football game days I presume.  ;)

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If we closed the upper bowl, it'd reduce the supply, hopefully driving up the price of a desirable good (yah, yah, we gotta make it desirable by winning, duh)

We could then relocate the $80 folks to the upper corners of the goal lines, with a limited amount of cheap seats there.

No single-game tickets for UCF, UM, FSU, or UF. Want to see these games without using stubhub? Buy a season ticket or get them from the Visitor's allotment.

Sure we might lose a few folks, but the aforementioned "winning" part will make up for it. And knowing the upper bowl will be closed (even for UCF) makes the season-ticket buying decision more urgent. Buy 'em early or you might not get 'em at all.

Once we consistently sell out the lower bowl, open the upper bowl (or build an OCS :D)).

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Reality: $80 season ticket holders are worthless. I think we've learned that the last 5 or so years.

That's a **** mentality to have. All ticket holders bring something to the table. Just because they can't drop a couple grand on USF season tickets doesn't make them any less important. Butts in seats is what you need, and you need to win games to make that happen above all else. I'm not too keen on driving all the way to St. Pete to watch the Rays but when they offered reasonably priced tickets with a free hot dog & a soda, my butt was in that seat along with 4 others.

It's not a **** mentality. How much has it increased our fanbase? Better yet, how much has it pissed off others who are paying 2-3 times that for similar seats? At $80 you bastardize the product and don't give people much incentive to show...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

Need some advice:

Will be moving out of state this fall, but have been a season ticket holder for a few years. 

Should I hang on to a season ticket despite not being able to attend the games? Maybe just go with the $80 option? I'd like to hear from another distance season ticket holder. Do you have one just to support the team? To sell the tickets? 

I'd rather send a check for $80 as a donation than put an empty seat in Ray Jay

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

You can always donate the tix to the Boy's and Girl's Clubs, etc.

That's what I've done with bowl tix I couldn't go to.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

Need some advice:

Will be moving out of state this fall, but have been a season ticket holder for a few years. 

Should I hang on to a season ticket despite not being able to attend the games? Maybe just go with the $80 option? I'd like to hear from another distance season ticket holder. Do you have one just to support the team? To sell the tickets? 

You can private message me if you want... but the answer really depends on your seats. If you are grandfathered in and think you may want seats in the future, do not drop them. If you have seats that either don't have a donation or a low one (without the grandfathering) it is up to you.

I would tell you that a $100 Bullseye donation for priority points may be more valuable that buying 1 $80 seat and not using it.

Also call your account rep, they should tell it to you like it is, or Eric if you are a donor. I personally think doing something is important, but it really will be up to you.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

It's not a **** mentality. How much has it increased our fanbase? Better yet, how much has it pissed off others who are paying 2-3 times that for similar seats? At $80 you bastardize the product and don't give people much incentive to show...

Not going to argue over this so this will be my last response. Our fanbase and season ticket holders will increase with wins, just like it was steadily doing from 2005-2010 and will decrease with losses 2011-2012, especially with a young football program like ours.

It has nothing to do with a family who wants to buy $80 season tickets to sit in the upper bowl or someone who wants to go to 3 home games instead of 6-7 at 1/2 price. Nobody is paying 2-3 times less than that for "similar seats" because they are either in the upper bowl and the pricey seats are in the lower bowl or they are only getting 3 games while you are getting 6-7.

What we'd be trying to do here is get people to not buy them for $10-15 off of stubhub, like some of those guys sitting next to you are now, and get them involved in the alumni aspect with partial or full season tickets to get more of a committment out of them. Your elitist attitude would make our stadium look like Miami's does currently.

Were you at the Pitt game? Did you see the stands? Pretty sure our product is currently bastardized already until we win again.

Edited by Hem
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Need some advice:

Its a personal choicr really. I left Florida in `09 and haven't been to a game since. I still have my season tickets even though I know I won't be in them but I donate my pair every year to to the Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Tampa. Its a great way to kerp my seats incase I move back but also help kids who wouldn't normally be able to attend go to gamed

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

The harsh reality is yes, it does make them less important .... I'm not saying they're not important at all, but programs are built on donors, not bargain hunters.