• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Didn't seem to be many seats

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Gotta fill that stadium one way or another but I hope it's not at the expense of our perennial season ticket holders. Maybe offer some 1/2 season tickets like they did in basketball this year? Would work great...especially if we got hot and won a few.  There were more people on hand at this spring game than the last...which gives me hope.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

...Here is what I a scared of. Someone panics and they slash prices in August. Introduce all sorts of new deals that rewards people for not committing or having seats year in and year out.

Now that would be a nightmare scenario. Once you start down that path, I can see where people start re-evaluating their support decision. As it is now, I foresee a LOT of vacant seats this fall for reasons with which we are all too familiar. I completely forgot about the Tallahassee Tally, though, and I don't know how substantive that is. That 1/2 season ticket thing doesn't sound too bad (and hopefully two of those games would be McNeese McState and FAU). 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

We get Miami at home, right?

How about we sell NO single-game tickets for that game? You want to go, buy a season ticket.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

How about we sell NO single-game tickets for that game? You want to go, buy a season ticket.

I'd be all for that as well.

Yeah, that'd be good. It would be an interesting barometer of how many REAL 'Cane fans there are that willing to spring for that ticket. Is that what we did with the FSU game last season? 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf cant be that bold

they would be happy to have anyone buy a ticket

forcing people to buy season tickets isnt the way to go

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

That's what we should have done for FSU instead of letting them bring 35,000-40,000 fans into the stadium.

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Would most people approve or dislike the idea of using Groupon/Living Social for a game or 2?

I know it has been used by USF before

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

Last time we played them in Tampa we were well short of a sellout. I think we need to cash the checks for this game and welcome ever Cane fan who has $45 into our stadium.

Would most people approve or dislike the idea of using Groupon/Living Social for a game or 2?

I know it has been used by USF before

I hate it with a passion. USF takes pennies on the dollar and it alienates the most loyal fans who pay full price. Groupon is a business killer. It doesn't make people come back at full price, it makes them wait for the next group to give you another quarter for every dollar.

Would most people approve or dislike the idea of using Groupon/Living Social for a game or 2? I know it has been used by USF before

Disapprove.

The revenue we need is from ticket sales, which would be diluted, as we would not make anything relying on concessions/parking.

I think it really comes down to the need to fill seats at $X rather than just put bodies in there. 

I would hate to be sitting next to some guy who spent $5 to get through the gate while I'm out $45.