• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transfer Rumors, Tweets, Etc

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I never said, "we should never take transfers from UF."

That's a classic Strawman right there.

I just don't think we should be foaming at the mouth for quitters from UF. That's all.

There are lots of reasons players transfer.  Perhaps they just aren't going to get any playing time.  They coudl either spend their senior season on the 3 deep and get a bit of late game playing time or try and transfer somewhere they could make a difference.  I don't think we hessitate to take those players.  And given the results this season - we are definitely in the buying mode when it comes to transfers.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

My cousin went to school with Kent. He said he was a punk who looked down at schools like USF (My cousin goes to USF now). Maybe his outlook has changed since then.

I can't imagine how it wouldn't have - given our dominate on-field performance.

Probably because his was just as "dominant".

2012: 2 catches for 5 yards

2013: Didn't play

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Add dual threat QB Tyler Murphy to that list now too. Will graduate this year and be eligible in 2014.

@JeffBarlisESPN: #Gators confirm QB Tyler Murphy has been granted his release and will leave the football program.

Interesting. Probably because Muschamp has hitched his wagon to Driskel moving forward ...

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Add dual threat QB Tyler Murphy to that list now too. Will graduate this year and be eligible in 2014.

@JeffBarlisESPN: #Gators confirm QB Tyler Murphy has been granted his release and will leave the football program.

Murphy was there four years, didn't do anything under Meyer, wasn't much of a player under Muschamp, and he was playing in a system that favored him. 

Guy was a 3 star athlete coming out of HS. I'd bring him in for competition, but truthfully, I can't say he's much better than Bench was this year. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem likely. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

You guys forgot Trent Pupello in the list of UF transfers.

He transferred to Raiford I think.

I thought he transferred to Orient Rd. U.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Interesting. Probably because Muschamp has hitched his wagon to Driskel moving forward ...

Murphy can't say he didn't have opportunities to prove otherwise.  He also can't say he did anything to warrant being considered The Guy.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Murphy can't say he didn't have opportunities to prove otherwise.  He also can't say he did anything to warrant being considered The Guy.

Exactly. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

he was the backup...so he was obviously the best person on the team :D

until he started

Edited by 2000bull

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Murphy was there four years, didn't do anything under Meyer, wasn't much of a player under Muschamp, and he was playing in a system that favored him. 

Guy was a 3 star athlete coming out of HS. I'd bring him in for competition, but truthfully, I can't say he's much better than Bench was this year. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem likely. 

Murphy is originally from Conn., speculation on the web is that UConn may be a landing spot for Murphy. Stay tuned.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

@RobbieAndreu: Former #UF offensive guard Ian Silberman transferring to #Louisville, where he will be eligible next season.

one down