• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transfer Rumors, Tweets, Etc

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

UF cast offs haven't worked out for us.

Again, as stated previously ... Mike McFarland?  

Dunkley isn't a star, but he's scored a few good TDs, and had some good kick returns (him hauling in the bomb v Nevada got us back in the game, and his punt return a few games ago was our only score).  McFarland improved a good amount this year (including 3 blocked FGs), and 2 TDs.  I'd take another McF.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

UF's offensive line was a nightmare this year. I'd want nothing to do with any of that.

Yea because when we play Tennessee, LSU, Mizzou, Georgia, and USC next year there's no way those kids can hold that line

What do you mean we don't play those teams?

What do you mean we aren't in the SEC?

So wait...who's on our schedule next year then?

Memphis, Tulane, Tulsa, SMU, Houston, UCF, UConn....

oh.....

And Dunkley:

Played well this year for the most part on special teams and as a WR, looks like he really needs to work on his route running as he was in the wrong places at times. I'm sure having a QB that can throw an accurate pass would help, let's hope White polishes his game up and learns from his mistakes this year.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Why would many of them come to USF. They could just as easily go to UCF.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

UF's offensive line was a nightmare this year. I'd want nothing to do with any of that.

This..two of them were blocking each other in Georgia southern loss ha. Yeah pass.

Why do we have a better recruiting class than UCF? They could just as easily go there as well.

Just because they are relevant now doesn't mean they will be in the long term.

Just because we are irrelevant now, doesn't mean we will be in the long term.

You people need to unf**k your brains.

Why do we have a better recruiting class than UCF? They could just as easily go there as well.

I think you have to define "long term." There are some transfers who may care more about recent success as they don't have as much eligibility time compared to a new recruit. Thus, it is wrong to compare the results of our recruiting to potential transfers. So, now you can go unfuc* your brain. Edited by NewEnglandBull

I think you have to define "long term." There are some transfers who may care more about recent success as they don't have as much eligibility time compared to a new recruit. Thus, it is wrong to compare the results of our recruiting to potential transfers. So, now you can go unfuc* your brain.

I would agree, if these were juniors and seniors transferring. They are not. I'd also agree if they lived closer to Orlando, they live right in USF's backyard.

These transfers have to sit out a year regardless, so recent success really doesn't mean anything now does it?

And again, why would recruits not hop on with C. Florida then? What's the difference? They haven't signed anything yet. That 1 year is going to make a big difference? 2014-2017 when compared to 2015-2017?

I think you have to define "long term." There are some transfers who may care more about recent success as they don't have as much eligibility time compared to a new recruit. Thus, it is wrong to compare the results of our recruiting to potential transfers. So, now you can go unfuc* your brain.

I would agree, if these were juniors and seniors transferring. They are not. I'd also agree if they lived closer to Orlando, they live right in USF's backyard.

These transfers have to sit out a year regardless, so recent success really doesn't mean anything now does it?

And again, why would recruits not hop on with C. Florida then? What's the difference? They haven't signed anything yet. That 1 year is going to make a big difference? 2014-2017 when compared to 2015-2017?

Good points and I hope you are correct. My only issue is that the tone of this thread from many is that all of these players want to come to USF, all we have to do is say yes, that there will be no competition from other schools, and that they all will be rock stars since they went to UF. I just don't see it that way. If we get one good one I would be happy. Indeed, I look at these guys as damaged goods. If we have immediate needs (which we do), I prefer the JUCO route.

And I would agree with that statement 100%. We are currently hitting the JuCo route hard per the recruiting sites, and I think that's 100% necessary right now. I'd go with the Bill Synder approach and grab as much top JuCo talent as I can to fix this team.

The original point of this thread was to inform that there are 6 UF players transferring, and a couple of them are from right here in the Tampa Bay area.

Nobody has said where they'd like to play, if they are great, or how well they'd do if they even wanted to come here; but grabbing some of the top talent in the nation from the 2012 recruiting class according to the paysites can never be a bad idea. Especially after having a 2-10 season.