• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The luster has already worn off

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Not to beat a dead horse, but the luster was off when they fired leavitt.  The rest has been hype.

Any real luster was off November 4, 2007. There have been little dust ups since then, FSU, UM, Clemson and ND (Now isn't that ironic) but nothing sustained ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Chicken littles everywhere.

Here's the latest scoop

How about Rob Ryan?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Signing day is exactly one month (28 days) from today.

Right now, not worried. The Plant HS coach thing is a little embarrassing, but I believe him when he says it wasn't due to USF - I think it's just hard for people to realize there are others out there who really DON'T chase the almighty dollar, and are perfectly happy where they are, and their ambition is to be the best right there. The Stanford guy was offered, but may not have even interviewed (dunno if it was confirmed he did or not) and ultimately chose to stay - cross country job move is a big thing for a family man sometimes.

I would hope we can maximize the time with a defensive staff, as it will probably take a day or two to hire all of the assistants, unless WT already has a man in mind and they're working out all of the staff before announcing anything (methinks this is happening behind closed doors and he will make his splash by announcing entire D-staff at once).

I won't be worried unless we make it to the 20th without a defensive staff. At that point, they'll be just over two weeks out of signing day and I believe the weekend before is a dead period too.

I have a feeling we hear something by this Friday or before next Monday. That gives them ~3 weeks to get guys on the bus.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

National Signing Day is 4 weeks away.  Ironically, Holtz is at least as far along assembling his staff as CWT.

http://wvgazette.com/Sports/201301080260

http://www.thenewsstar.com/viewart/20121224/UPDATES02/121224015/Jabbar-Juluke-officially-joins-Louisiana-Tech-coaching-staff

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/08/3173363/receivers-assistant-hired-at-la.html

He even has former NFL QB Tim Rattay on staff.

Hell if I was TR I would take a job at my Alma Mater as well. I mean it has to be better than a WR Coach for the Las Vegas Locos!!!!! Great pick-up for Skippy and I would be very excited if I was a LT fan.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

I've been wondering myself if CWT was going to try to go the NFL route.  With both Harbaughs and their staffs still involved in the season, hopefully that is why we haven't heard much??  I'm just hoping that it's not because we have fallen THAT far.

Hes already offered the DC job to someone and they turned it down. So any hopes of a master plan with NFL coaches was shot with that. I think we are just scrambling to find people who will come here. Pretty sad.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Signing day is exactly one month (28 days) from today.

Right now, not worried. The Plant HS coach thing is a little embarrassing, but I believe him when he says it wasn't due to USF - I think it's just hard for people to realize there are others out there who really DON'T chase the almighty dollar, and are perfectly happy where they are, and their ambition is to be the best right there. The Stanford guy was offered, but may not have even interviewed (dunno if it was confirmed he did or not) and ultimately chose to stay - cross country job move is a big thing for a family man sometimes.

I would hope we can maximize the time with a defensive staff, as it will probably take a day or two to hire all of the assistants, unless WT already has a man in mind and they're working out all of the staff before announcing anything (methinks this is happening behind closed doors and he will make his splash by announcing entire D-staff at once).

I won't be worried unless we make it to the 20th without a defensive staff. At that point, they'll be just over two weeks out of signing day and I believe the weekend before is a dead period too.

I have a feeling we hear something by this Friday or before next Monday. That gives them ~3 weeks to get guys on the bus.

How dare you inject rationality into this thread? Didn't you hear, the sky is falling! :-D

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Why do some of you ALWAYS go to the extreme? If you say anything negative about the current situation, you are a chicken little, or a troll, or you have no patience at all. Some of you act like everything is just fine, you remind me of Kevin Bacon at the end of Animal House. All may be fine, but right now, the situation is less than optimum. Taking your time to assemble a staff is completely understandable, not having a complete staff especially a DC with 28 days until signing day is like I said less than optimum. I'm not a chicken little or a troll, or any other extreme moniker that some of you want to sling. JMHO

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Why do some of you ALWAYS go to the extreme? If you say anything negative about the current situation, you are a chicken little, or a troll, or you have no patience at all. Some of you act like everything is just fine, you remind me of Kevin Bacon at the end of Animal House. All may be fine, but right now, the situation is less than optimum. Taking your time to assemble a staff is completely understandable, not having a complete staff especially a DC with 28 days until signing day is like I said less than optimum. I'm not a chicken little or a troll, or any other extreme moniker that some of you want to sling. JMHO

Do you realize how ******* boring this place would be if we all took that level headed stance??

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

The luster doesn't come from success falling in our laps. It comes from within. 

Attendance

Purchases

Donations

Time

Energy

Spreading the word

Being proud and loyal

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

CWT contacting Pee Wee coaches all over the bay area.

121012_silverdale_pee_wee_league.jpg

I like the defender 5 yards deep in a 3 point stance.