• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The luster has already worn off

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

If you aren't trolling, then you need to have realistic expectations Tau. The hires will come. Taggart is a top hire, there's a reason Wisconsin wanted him. He will turn this program around, give him TIME. Lance did not want to move his family cross country and Weiner is very attached to Plant HS. @gregauman: @Bullzfan1 Don't think it's a trend yet. Stanford assistant didn't want to move family across country. Weiner just very attached at Plant.
if Lance didn't want to move his family across country, why did he bother to interview?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I understand we're impatient for hiring news - I'm eager too - but I think we're over-analyzing this. He'll have his staff ready when it needs to be ready. In the meantime, take a deep breath and enjoy the NFL playoffs...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Tau.reanb's not a troll. I know him in the real world, and he's a straightup Bull who bleeds green and gold.

That said, with all the crap going on, I'm getting a tad disillusioned myself.

Wish we were getting more good news than bad news!

--------------------------------------

Definitely not a troll but is a patented example of the impatience that seems inherent in many USF Bulls .... People set themselves up for this with the "Willie is the Savior" stuff when he was hired and are now stunned that he hasn't raided multiple BCS programs for assistant coaches and hasn't steered any 4 or 5 star recruits to Fowler Ave. I think this was one of the very few concerns that some had here before he was hired when comparing him to older coaches. Had he been in the coaching ranks long enough to have built enough contacts/relationships to build a staff worthy of the scrutiny they'd go through with a lot of our fans. There is no real luster to have already worn off other than the overblown expectations in some people's minds.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

If you aren't trolling, then you need to have realistic expectations Tau. The hires will come. Taggart is a top hire, there's a reason Wisconsin wanted him. He will turn this program around, give him TIME. Lance did not want to move his family cross country and Weiner is very attached to Plant HS.

@gregauman: @Bullzfan1 Don't think it's a trend yet. Stanford assistant didn't want to move family across country. Weiner just very attached at Plant.

if Lance didn't want to move his family across country, why did he bother to interview?

----------------

He may not have been sure at the time  .... Also, although I'm not sure where I heard it, it's supposedly good for coaches to get experience interviewing whether they really want the job or even think they'll get it.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Days Won:  0

Didn't taggart say he would take his time filling out his coaching staff and make sure he got the right coach and the right fit...he might be at the AFCA conducting interviews for the openings... I would imagine there will be some news by the weekend...Taggart NEVER put a SPECIFIC timetable on the staff hires....He has been coaching football for MANY more years than I have so I will trust in his decision making...And I don't think we have any egg on our face with the Plant Coach thing or being turned down by the Stanford LB coach...however I would like to know in reference to Plant HC if he showed interest and threw his name in or we hunted after him

+1

Sorry cant bring myself to type "weiner" and feel i will be taken seriously LOL

Edited by Mr. Big

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

uh ...relax?  ..no no you're right, taggart hasn't won a big east title yet, unacceptable!

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Im on the Willie Taggart Bus till he losses more than 5 games.

When that happens...and we dont make a bowl...then im off the BUS!!!

We must be in a Bowl game every year...that is the standard.  

We must compete every year...

We must be relevant every year...

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

National Signing Day is 4 weeks away.  Ironically, Holtz is at least as far along assembling his staff as CWT.

http://wvgazette.com/Sports/201301080260

http://www.thenewsstar.com/viewart/20121224/UPDATES02/121224015/Jabbar-Juluke-officially-joins-Louisiana-Tech-coaching-staff

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/08/3173363/receivers-assistant-hired-at-la.html

He even has former NFL QB Tim Rattay on staff.

Get over your man crush of Holtz. No one cares.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,767
  • Days Won:  3

Not me.

I'm gonna give this guy three seasons.

But bear in mind, it's a post BCS world and we will be duking it out with

sub-marquee opponents. Think of it as an opportunity to relive the CUSA

days - for those who came late to the party and missed all of that. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

If you aren't trolling, then you need to have realistic expectations Tau. The hires will come. Taggart is a top hire, there's a reason Wisconsin wanted him. He will turn this program around, give him TIME. Lance did not want to move his family cross country and Weiner is very attached to Plant HS.

@gregauman: @Bullzfan1 Don't think it's a trend yet. Stanford assistant didn't want to move family across country. Weiner just very attached at Plant.

please

wisconsin didnt want him---if they did they would haVE HIRED HIM

there should be some concern he doesnt have a staff at this point

usf took a big chance hiring this guy

he has no track record of success

that said he has a great opportunity here at usf

• Downvote 1