• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The luster has already worn off

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Tau.reanb's not a troll. I know him in the real world, and he's a straightup Bull who bleeds green and gold.

That said, with all the crap going on, I'm getting a tad disillusioned myself.

Wish we were getting more good news than bad news!

--------------------------------------

Definitely not a troll but is a patented example of the impatience that seems inherent in many USF Bulls .... People set themselves up for this with the "Willie is the Savior" stuff when he was hired and are now stunned that he hasn't raided multiple BCS programs for assistant coaches and hasn't steered any 4 or 5 star recruits to Fowler Ave. I think this was one of the very few concerns that some had here before he was hired when comparing him to older coaches. Had he been in the coaching ranks long enough to have built enough contacts/relationships to build a staff worthy of the scrutiny they'd go through with a lot of our fans. There is no real luster to have already worn off other than the overblown expectations in some people's minds.

bulls  fans need to be  impatient

bulls fans have accepted low standards for too long

if there isnt improvement in two years bulls should look else where

there is no more 5 year plans

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Not me.

I'm gonna give this guy three seasons.

But bear in mind, it's a post BCS world and we will be duking it out with

sub-marquee opponents. Think of it as an opportunity to relive the CUSA

days - for those who came late to the party and missed all of that. 

You may have noticed; this type of realistic analysis doesn't go over well here

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Tau.reanb's not a troll. I know him in the real world, and he's a straightup Bull who bleeds green and gold.

Definitely not a troll but is a patented example of the impatience that seems inherent in many USF Bulls .... People set themselves up for this with the "Willie is the Savior" stuff when he was hired and are now stunned that he hasn't raided multiple BCS programs for assistant coaches and hasn't steered any 4 or 5 star recruits to Fowler Ave. I think this was one of the very few concerns that some had here before he was hired when comparing him to older coaches. Had he been in the coaching ranks long enough to have built enough contacts/relationships to build a staff worthy of the scrutiny they'd go through with a lot of our fans. There is no real luster to have already worn off other than the overblown expectations in some people's minds.

Yeah, we have accepted punks like you on this board, loser.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

National Signing Day is 4 weeks away.  Ironically, Holtz is at least as far along assembling his staff as CWT.

http://wvgazette.com/Sports/201301080260

http://www.thenewsstar.com/viewart/20121224/UPDATES02/121224015/Jabbar-Juluke-officially-joins-Louisiana-Tech-coaching-staff

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/08/3173363/receivers-assistant-hired-at-la.html

He even has former NFL QB Tim Rattay on staff.

Well I know when I talk about exceptionalism, Tim Rattay's name always comes up.

---------------------------------------------------

He was hired to be a coach, not a player.  You do realize there is a difference?   And the difference is rather huge.  This Coach Weiner everyone is all stressed out about never played football at any level.

Edited by DataBull

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I was pretty excited when we found out Willie Taggart would be our next head coach.  But with the conference uncertainty, inability to put together a coaching staff, and few recruiting splashes to speak of, I'm starting to worry that the shiny new wheels on Coach Taggart's bus have already been muddied and beaten in.  

I don't know that Coach Taggart can rejuvenate this football program anymore.  I guess we'll just have to get used to mediocrity and obscurity.  

Guys, break down this post. With the exception of the last 2 lines, which are both opinions, what is NOT true?

Conference uncertanty 100% true

Inability to put a coaching staff together. We don't have a DC some would say the #2 or 3 in the line of coaches. 100% true. 28 days before signing day and no DC can't help in recruiting.

Few recruiting splashes to speak of. 100% true

I'n not off of the bus, but it seems to be sputtering a bit.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Not to beat a dead horse, but the luster was off when they fired leavitt.  The rest has been hype.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

I've been wondering myself if CWT was going to try to go the NFL route.  With both Harbaughs and their staffs still involved in the season, hopefully that is why we haven't heard much??  I'm just hoping that it's not because we have fallen THAT far.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

^^^

C'mon, man. Either trollin' or just over-the-top with unreasonable expectations.

I think it's more of how little patience there is amongst most of our fan base.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

--------------------------------

:facepalm:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

What is wrong with you people?? To quote Taggart - "I'm going to take my time. I get one chance to do this and I'm going to do it right ". Seriously people I know the sky is falling all around USF but this is one area where it actual isn't. Stop being so freaking over dramatic please.

• Upvote 2