• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Saw on another site he was offered the tenn job

Yeah, my mistake, it was jones

Sure that was Butch Davis and not Butch Jones?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Davis was what a best 8 wins at UNC? Sure it's better than 3 but a guy like Butch would be here Short Term. If he has any success at all he will jump at the first job offered. I see Taggart more like Strong as someone with loyalty. Butch would be my 3rd choice behind Willie and Morris. I'd rather build long term success than go for a big name for a little bit - just my humble opinion.

I wonder how loyal Charlie would have been if L'ville wasn't going to the ACC ...?

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

Davis was what a best 8 wins at UNC? Sure it's better than 3 but a guy like Butch would be here Short Term. If he has any success at all he will jump at the first job offered. I see Taggart more like Strong as someone with loyalty. Butch would be my 3rd choice behind Willie and Morris. I'd rather build long term success than go for a big name for a little bit - just my humble opinion.

I wonder how loyal Charlie would have been if L'ville wasn't going to the ACC ...?

Good point

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

Taking a line from Coach Schiano, you want other teams to want your coach... tells you that you're making good hires. If he leaves, it'll mean that we've done extremely well and can't afford to keep him.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

As far as recruiting, Butch is the best candidate. No comparison.

He recruited all the players that made up the 2001 Hurricanes. . . . . . they had 16 first round draft picks.

Its not just that he closes. . . . . . he has a one-of-a-kind eye for talent.

Too bad he's a dirtbag. But I'd get over myself.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

He recruited all the players that made up the 2001 Hurricanes. . . . . . they had 16 first round draft picks.

Im sure being at Miami helps alot. I dont recall his recruits at UNC being super stellar

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Im sure being at Miami helps alot. I dont recall his recruits at UNC being super stellar

Quenton Coples, Robert Quinn, Bruce Carter, Marvin Austin, Greg Little, and Zach Brown are all UNC players who were chosen in the first two rounds of the draft in 2011/2012.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

why is this even a thread..has it ever been mentioned by anyone he is a canidate or anyone from usf is going to reach out to him. He does not seem like an option.

This is exactly why he could be the candidate.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

why is this even a thread..has it ever been mentioned by anyone he is a canidate or anyone from usf is going to reach out to him. He does not seem like an option.

This is exactly why he could be the candidate.

This is in today's paper:

"Bucs special assistant Butch Davis, the former University of Miami, University of North Carolina and Cleveland Browns coach, reportedly interviewed."

http://www.tampabay....-linked/1265051

Willie Taggart is still my preferred candidate, but the fact that Butch Davis has drawn interest from Tennessee makes me feel better about him potentially being the head coach here. It appears that he has recently been cleared of alleged involvement with the NCAA issues at UNC, and he actually cleaned up the NCAA violations at Miami, which preceded him. He may be interested in settling into Tampa and making it a career here. Even if he doesn't, if he helps resurrect the program before he leaves such that it's a desireable job again, he'll have done his job.

EDIT: Now that Tennessee has hired Butch Jones (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8723192/tennessee-volunteers-hire-butch-jones-new-coach), which had also been talking with Butch Davis (talk about a "Butch" fest), things could move quickly if he's genuinely interested in coaching at USF. Same is true for Taggart if he was holding out for the possibility of interviewing at Tennessee.

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

He is one of the top candidates for the job.