• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Moral victories

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

I just watched that catch by Rubin. May be the 1st time I saw that.

A little off topic, but on that same site there are a bunch of highlight clips. Took the time time to watch the '07 WVU highlights. Why doesn't Skip take 8 minutes and show that to this current group? Defenders flying around the field. Just freaking great stuff. 2 TDs bascially scored by the D.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

fact is this... we haven't had a head coach who was capable of getting us where we want to go.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Yes, but the last guy had us going up and then plateaud. Now it seems like we're backsliding. Skip needs to get it going forward again, or we'll have to hope the next guy does.

fact is this... we haven't had a head coach who was capable of getting us where we want to go.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

agreed.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

"We're not good enough, obviously. We got beat by a better team. That's all there is to it. We've got a ways to go."

Former USF Head Coach Jim Leavitt after the 27-9 loss to Kentucky in 2000.

http://www.sptimes.com/News/091000/Sports/Chance_passes_USF_by.shtml

"I give Florida State a lot of credit. They did the things they had to do to get a win. I was really proud of our football team, proud of the way they competed, proud of the way they played together, hung in there, the way they played a 60-minute game."

Current Head Coach Skip Holtz after the 30 - 17 loss to #4 Florida State 2012

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/no-4-fsu-pulls-away-30-17-victory-usf

Quite a difference.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,606
  • Days Won:  424

"We're not good enough, obviously. We got beat by a better team. That's all there is to it. We've got a ways to go."

http://www.sptimes.c...es_USF_by.shtml

"I give Florida State a lot of credit. They did the things they had to do to get a win. I was really proud of our football team, proud of the way they competed, proud of the way they played together, hung in there, the way they played a 60-minute game."

http://www.tampabay....-17-victory-usf

Quite a difference.

LOL ... Right ... if Skip had said the exact same thing Leavitt did, there would have been whining about that. You guys are funny .... :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Well, this graduate wants actual victories.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Victory or gtfo

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  159

Quite a difference.

LOL ... Right ... if Skip had said the exact same thing Leavitt did, there would have been whining about that. You guys are funny .... :rolleyes:

let's also understand the context there -- at the time USF was still a fledgling program at the 1-AA level playing on the road against an SEC team that had seen a slight improvement over recent times (Jared Lorenzen). And we almost won that game had the home cooking refs not taken away a touchdown and given them a fumble recovery instead.

anyway--- CJL was pretty blunt with the media in general. When he tried to placate them, everyone whined about how he was using Coach speak. Well yeah--- that's what coaches use all the time. Why is that so inappropriate when you have sleezeball douchenozzles like McMurphy breathing down your underpants?

As for Holtz -- meh-- sorry--- not listening to his BS at all anymore. Waste of time-- never says anything of fk all importance. You want me to care about you, start winning on the field coach. Otherwise-- GTFO.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

Quite a difference.

let's also understand the context there -- at the time USF was still a fledgling program at the 1-AA level playing on the road against an SEC team that had seen a slight improvement over recent times (Jared Lorenzen). And we almost won that game had the home cooking refs not taken away a touchdown and given them a fumble recovery instead.

anyway--- CJL was pretty blunt with the media in general. When he tried to placate them, everyone whined about how he was using Coach speak. Well yeah--- that's what coaches use all the time. Why is that so inappropriate when you have sleezeball douchenozzles like McMurphy breathing down your underpants?

As for Holtz -- meh-- sorry--- not listening to his BS at all anymore. Waste of time-- never says anything of fk all importance. You want me to care about you, start winning on the field coach. Otherwise-- GTFO.

Ditto