• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Moral victories

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The V5 article is very well written. I'm willing to temper my anger at the last three weeks to wait and see how these next few weeks play out in BE competition. If we miss a bowl game this year, count me in on the Holtz GTFO bandwagon.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

keep your moral victories. Score more points than the other team.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

The way coach handled the loss to FSU as a moral victory disgusted me. During the post game and also during the call-in show he said lots of things, but in my mind it sounded like:

"Everyone was expecting us to get blown out and we kept it close. I'm so proud of our team for not getting embarrassed."

I was so freaking mad. That game was WINNABLE. Since when do we go into a game not playing to win but just to show up. This is a team that gets up and wins these games. We had a home game against the Noles and we could have won. Why isn't this coach ever as mad as I am about losing games? You don't get points for coming in second.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,605
  • Days Won:  424

"We're not good enough, obviously. We got beat by a better team. That's all there is to it. We've got a ways to go."

Former USF Head Coach Jim Leavitt after the 27-9 loss to Kentucky in 2000.

http://www.sptimes.c...es_USF_by.shtml

"I give Florida State a lot of credit. They did the things they had to do to get a win. I was really proud of our football team, proud of the way they competed, proud of the way they played together, hung in there, the way they played a 60-minute game."

Current Head Coach Skip Holtz after the 30 - 17 loss to #4 Florida State 2012

http://www.tampabay....-17-victory-usf

Quite a difference.

LOL ... Right ... if Skip had said the exact same thing Leavitt did, there would have been whining about that. You guys are funny .... :rolleyes:

let's also understand the context there -- at the time USF was still a fledgling program at the 1-AA level playing on the road against an SEC team that had seen a slight improvement over recent times (Jared Lorenzen). And we almost won that game had the home cooking refs not taken away a touchdown and given them a fumble recovery instead.

anyway--- CJL was pretty blunt with the media in general. When he tried to placate them, everyone whined about how he was using Coach speak. Well yeah--- that's what coaches use all the time. Why is that so inappropriate when you have sleezeball douchenozzles like McMurphy breathing down your underpants?

As for Holtz -- meh-- sorry--- not listening to his BS at all anymore. Waste of time-- never says anything of fk all importance. You want me to care about you, start winning on the field coach. Otherwise-- GTFO.

Ditto

I stopped listening to coach speak many moons ago because that's all you get, coach speak. Press conferences are a waste of time .... Sorry, Greg ... unless, of course, you're looking for something more than what actually happened in the game to whine about on message board.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Trip, your whine-o-meter must be starting to get in the warning zone - you are doing a lot of whining about "whining." :o

Trip, your whine-o-meter must be starting to get in the warning zone - you are doing a lot of whining about "whining." :o

Do I really have to go over the whole double negative thing again ....? And honestly, you have to admit, with all the ******** flying around in here, I've been pretty restrained ....

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  159

I wish we were whining about winning

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

It was a pretty good write up though

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Coach speak only gets you an extension...

Wait......

I wish we were whining about winning

Like the Nevada game?