• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kirk and Dinger on 98.7 Don't Want Regular Callers

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

Apparently, being a radio talk show host is the toughest job in America. Very few do it well. I have been singularly unimpressed with 98.7 and we already know what crap we get from 620. And on the national front you get bozos like Rome and Finebaum. Makes it awful hare to listen.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Does the drunk slob/McMurphy co-conspirator still have a show there?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

I emailed Pepper directly, and he responded that I provide another name until he gets the issue sorted out. It's not that important for me to go on the air immediately, so I'm not going to resort to doing that. I'll call again eventually, and if I'm told I can't participate in discussing USF sports for draconian reason or another, then they've lost a regular listener.

I don't see a down side to that for you.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

I have been unimpressed with the Fan in general, especially the morning show, I was hoping to hear a lot more USF since it is our flagship station, all that hoopla was smoke and mirrors. Bubba has much more compelling radio..................

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

You mean the guy who refused to talk about USF sports (and even said we can go to our little message board if we want to talk about it)but started talking about and embellished and kept alive the story of the slap heard 'round Tampa Bay? Unfortunately, yes.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

Brad, just to show you what a punk this guy is, he chastises people who do not root for the "home team" (I like the Rays and Lightning but dislike the Bucs) but hates USF. He also hates Joe Maddon. The Rays never won more than 70 games until Maddon got here and the have been to the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years despite having a third of the Payroll as New York.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

I like Kurt and Dinger only because Dinger will bring in some nice Lightning hockey talk once the strike is over with... outside of hockey talk I don't see this show going anywhere.

The weakest show in my book is Gary and the Commish because the old one, (not sure if would be Gary or the Commish), always talks down to callers and resorts to the stance that "I'm a newspaper reporter for a POS paper and talk to the athletes because I'm so important, you don't so your stupid and unimportant" and then hangs up on them. His co-host is the only good Bulls related host left on the station, the others bash USF but given our recent performance issues have every right to do so.

I have heard that old turd do that with Bulls and Rays fans lately... he won't let you finish your argument and then he just hangs up. He only likes to hear people blow smoke up his ass.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I agree about Gary Shelton...he brings down that show...it would be better with Justin by himself...don't care for Todd Wright either but I like Booger...I see some lineup changes coming

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

It's up to fans to call the Fan and provide well-informed, even-keeled commentary. Danm1983's assessment of the Fan is pretty spot-on, but if we make a concerted effort to call and share our views with these hosts, they can't turn us all away, unless there's a stupid rule about only calling in once a week to talk USF sports. I'm fairly confident that Pepper will get things straightened out with the morning show. I'll call back again sometime; I just hope some of you all do the same. They can't keep us all back.