• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

War Flamingo Lives!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,537
  • Days Won:  422

awful idea and always has been

No doubt!

Think about this seriously for a second. Do you guys want to be in a stadium full of pink flamingos, by the way our colors are GREEN & GOLD,

You mean our stadium that's predominantly red?

Can't do anything about the seat color, unless we build our own stadium, but that's a whole different topic.

Can't do anything about this, either ..... It's inevitable ... but maybe this will help:

61jsrjj-eeL._SL1500_.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

Lots of criticism in this thread, few proposals for any alternative, naturally formed, football-history-related traditions.

Ole Miss yells "hotty toddy" at games. At Oregon, a duck rides into the stadium on a motorcycle. We are not the first program to do something stupid at games.

I get the point that it's silly, but until the nay-sayers have anything else that would even come close to what the war flamingo represents, I'm bringing mine to games. And if you don't like it, don't bring one, but kill it just because it's corny? that's not what cfb is about.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Lots of criticism in this thread, few proposals for any alternative, naturally formed, football-history-related traditions.

Ole Miss yells "hotty toddy" at games. At Oregon, a duck rides into the stadium on a motorcycle. We are not the first program to do something stupid at games.

I get the point that it's silly, but until the nay-sayers have anything else that would even come close to what the war flamingo represents, I'm bringing mine to games. And if you don't like it, don't bring one, but kill it just because it's corny? that's not what cfb is about.

Tradition should just happen, it shouldn't be forced. We're still a teenage program, give it time.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,537
  • Days Won:  422

Tradition should just happen, it shouldn't be forced.

That's what WF is because it has naturally "developed"... Forced are the Rocky Rags.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

1. Oregon's mascot is the Ducks.

2. Hot Toddy is a chant.

HODDY TODDY

ARE YOU READY???

Hell yes, **** right!!!

hoddy toddy gosh almighty

who in the hell are we...HEY!!!

flim flam, bim bam

OLE MISS BY ****!!!

As far as I know, War Flamingo is neither part of a USF chant, or the USF mascot.

Edited by mviusa

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,001
  • Days Won:  469

We should probably consult with the Banana Slugs.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

That being said; just bought two flamingos... Adding some green and gold...

WAR FLAMINGO!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Tradition should just happen, it shouldn't be forced. We're still a teenage program, give it time.

The War Flamingo movement isn't forced.

It's one of the few USF Football related things that came about naturally. Yes it's stupid, but it's so bad, it's good.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Funny that the fraternity Sigma Alpha Epsilon at USF uses the Hottie Toddy chant. Lame... almost as lame as the Pink Flamingo. However, we are a more accepting society to the color pink and men that want to display that particular color without a woman in sight. More power to ya sister.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

I don't have a problem with the War Flamingo - I think it's kinda cool.

I like the idea of having something silly that only USF does. The towels? - already done by others. Our hand gesture \m/? - already done by others.

War Flamingos? - all ours.