• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

War Flamingo Lives!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

It reminds me of the flamigos at Busch Gardens. Hmm Maybe we could get Busch Gardens in on this to hand out some free ones? Anyone? Onward War Flamingo!!!!

Edited by gainesvillebull

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

You gotta problem with War Flamingo...

FLAMINGO-FULL0509.png

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

How about we take War out of it and replace it with "Cult Flamingos"... Doesn't look so condescending to the inbreds in Alabama then. Here are some cool tidbits about the flamingo from a 2002 article in the St. Pete Times.

http://www.sptimes.c...__Pink_po.shtml

States right in the article that Tampa is home to the biggest controlled flamingo population in this part of Florida.

Edited by The_Sheriff

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,538
  • Days Won:  422

You gotta problem with War Flamingo...

FLAMINGO-FULL0509.png

Awesome ...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

In all seriousness, I like the idea and it does have a spotaneous idea. But Sheriff is on the right track (did I just say that?)

"War Flamingo!" is a rather obvious rip off of Auburn. I'm not sure what adjective to put in front, but should be something else. Cult Flamingos doesn't quite do it for me. I thought of Go Flamingo!, but that seems rather lame.

Snow Flamingo!

Battle Flamingo!

Flaming Flamingo!

Beats me, but take it somewhere else more Florida-ish and you have a winner.

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Lets not get crazy and start talking about Flamingos flying over the stadium. Right now I'm surprised(even as a strong war flamingo supporter) that we have so many positive responses to the War Flamingo frenzy. I know alot of you "old school" bulls fans dislike it. But you know what, this program is very young...and traditions will just happen. THIS IS ONE, and it will not go away.

Personally, my War Flamingo has been to quite a few away games over the years. Everyone asks...and laughs...because it is funny. But most of all, they love it!

The flamingo should be used on scoring plays(like the Ben Moffit touchdown). When we score, wave that flamingo up!!!

Other teams have beachballs to pass the time(which are never the same color), some people have a stupid cannon(us included :-/ ). We have spawned the War Flamingo.

its the perfect compliment to drunk fans too. It's so innocent looking and funny. If drunk people get mad, they cant hurt anyone with their war flamingo. :P

The War Flamingo IS a tradition at USF and WILL be carried on.

It reminds us of the success we had by unexpectedly skyrocketing up the polls n 2007. The War Flamingo is a love child of success and strength at this University.

Stop me if i'm getting too deep into War Flamingo Culture? lol

GO BULLS!!!

The word "War" Flamingos is an homage to the War Flamingo roots. It started as a USF version and parody to the Auburn War Eagle.

We're not insulting or mocking them...we have made something of our own.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the "War" in the title.

But if you wanna call them "battle flamingos" or "fletchers flamingos"...whatever...

GO BULLS!!! FLAMINGOS LIVE!!!

Whatever...they can have multiple names for years...who cares.

All that matters is that they are Flamingos and when someone asks..."why a flamingo? how did that start?"

USF's Flamingo supporters will always say, it started in 2007 before the Auburn game. Some SBC students thought it would be fun to invent an alternate mascot like Auburns War Eagle...viola! The War FLAMINGO was born.

Regardless of what the "Flamingo" is called in the future...it will always be traced back to its War Flamingo roots.

GO BULLS!!!