• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

War Flamingo Lives!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

I'll chime in.

Traditions are not supposed to be thought up by people thinking "You know what -- we need a tradition"

Really... what happened? We beat Aubs, a couple of drunken frat boys brought plastic blow up birds to the game and were featured on National TV.

It was hilarious. It was a nod to what we just did, beat Auburn, rising to promenance, about to beat WVU in front of a prime time audience. And it was on the road to what was supposedly the greatest year in USF football history. Everyone still talks about the flamingo in '07 -- bad or good.

And the great thing is, 10 years, 20 years, 50 years from now, people will still tell the story about War Flamingo. Of course, it'll end up with "We beat the Akron Zips, and there was a sorority tailgating in the north lot with flamingos, all got arrested, and this is our homage to them"

Doesn't matter. It's tradition.

I still firmly believe traditions should not be created for the sake of tradition. Things are spurs of the moment, like someone who thought of the wave. Or someone who thought of throwing the horns up in a circle while playing #8. Or banging on the backs of the chairs of the people in front of us during kick offs.

It just takes 2, 5, 8, or 30 people to think of something interesting, very small, and having it spread like wildfire.

I approve this... it's stupid, it's weird -- but it's a conversation starter, it says we're unique, and most importantly -- it's ours. We don't wear a PATCH. We don't jump up and down to Zombie Nation.

WE ARE -- WAR FLAMINGO!!!!!!!!!!!! :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls:

war.gif

Edited by litt2usf
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

Fletchers Flamingos, now we're getting somewhere...

Tamplona Flamingos? :)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

luckily this board is a mere fraction of the fan base.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

FLAMINGO-FULL0506_G.jpg

Best yet.... We need that on a Tshirt

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

I'll chime in.

Everyone still talks about the flamingo in '07 -- bad or good.

I still firmly believe traditions should not be created for the sake of tradition.

It just takes 2, 5, 8, or 30 people to think of something interesting, very small, and having it spread like wildfire.

WE ARE -- WAR FLAMINGO!!!!!!!!!!!! :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls: :GoBulls:

war.gif

I have never heard "War Flamingo" uttered outside of this forum.

Spread like wildfire...where? when?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Fletchers Flamingos, now we're getting somewhere...

Tamplona Flamingos? :)

This is a compromise I can live with. ^_^