• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF hit with one year bowl ban

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

It would be sweet to get Clanton. Kid is a good ball player. We all know we would hear all kinds of ******** and moaning and denial from UCF fans, but hey, if it improves our chances at an even further run in the NCAA tournament than last year, lets go after him. Any word on what Heath is thinking regarding Clanton?

Also, Rompza is a douche. He fit in on that team and university PERFECTLY. I'm still laughing about all of this.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Wow, paint me blue and call me Babe, the sanctions levied on UCF are more severe and their infractions more egregious.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

Some clarification on the appeal: It is only in football and if it fails it does indeed mean they will have a postseason ban in 2013. Seems like a curious course of action given the potential for better bowls in the BE, unless they think they have a better shot at going 12-0 and making the BCS this year (unlikely with tOSU, FIU, and Mizzou).

http://www.presnapread.com/u-c-f-not-considering-pull-back-appeal/

Also:

GEORGE O'LEARY REALLY PAYING OFF AT UCF.

UCF will receive a one year postseason ban from the NCAA for recruiting violations. Like most great football ventures at UCF, the additional effort yielded them no actual benefits, and in fact damaged them in the long run. With a dynamo like George O'Leary at head coach, however, we're sure this will all work itself out in the long run.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2012/7/31/3206256/the-curious-index-7-31-2012

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

In this article you are about to read Donnie Jones contradicts himself by saying he wouldn't recruit his seniors to stay at UCF, but that's exactly what he ends up doing. The guy lies, he's not concerned about what's best for the players as much as he's concerned about what's best for himself. Anyways read on.

More than 25 coaches representing a variety of other schools have reached out to current UCF seniors. The list includes representatives from high-profile programs such as USC and Illinois and smaller programs such as Delaware. The coaches are allowed to actively recruit the athletes, who must make a final call on whether to transfer before the start of the fall academic semester.

Jones decided to take a different approach, vowing not to treat this as another recruiting process. He was tempted, but he didn't ask any of his players whether they had an initial feeling whether they might stay or go.

"It's always a hard decision," Jones said of the dilemma facing the seniors. "… I brought each and every one of them in there and told them, 'It's about you. I want the best for you and the right decision for you.' So I want to respect giving them a couple of days here to really take things in.

"But how could they not want to stay here? We've got a great place here at UCF. I love those guys dearly as people as well as players. They've really made a great commitment here this summer with their leadership. They've still got a lot to play for here at UCF."

Clanton, who is expected to be named the preseason Conference USA player of the year, is the biggest prize attracting the most attention.

He also has the strongest ties to Orlando. Clanton, an Orlando Christian Prep graduate, chose UCF over other higher profile schools because he wanted his mother to be able to watch every game.

Clanton could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

Jones is hoping Clanton recognizes the UCF coaches know him best and could help him make the jump to the professional level. He noted the entire UCF offense is built around his seniors, who could potentially end up being role players rather than stars on other teams.

Jordan has long been a wild card. Jones allowed him to skip UCF summer classes and workouts. As of Wednesday afternoon, Jones had not been able to reach Jordan to discuss the NCAA sanctions. Jones said he is still planning on Jordan returning for the fall semester.

Jones said he will give the players at least another day to review their options before discussing their future at UCF.

"It was a great, encouraging sign when I was walking out the door last night, late, the whole team was playing together," Jones said Wednesday. "That's one thing about this group, they've had a great summer. They've worked hard. I couldn't be more excited about the guys we have here in this program."

http://www.orlandose...1,0,91502.story

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Nice to see how he treats Jordan differently.

I cannot believe he wasn't fired.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

The coach seems like a tool from that article. Hopefully Clanton is a smart guy and decides to transfer so we has a shot to play in March before he graduates. Even if it's not here, he still deserves a chance to play in the post season if he is as talented as everyone says he is.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Tim Stephens â€@tstephensCBS

@carnot3 @ucfbiggie I would say the scholarship reductions are worst penalty anyway

14h Head_shot_normal.jpg Brendan Sonnone â€@BSonnone

@tstephensCBS @carnot3 @UCFBiggie Schol. reductions are bad, but just as bad, if not worse, is loss of official visits/evaluation days.

14h TimSunLife_normal.jpg Tim Stephens â€@tstephensCBS

@BSonnone @carnot3 @ucfbiggie good point; forces UCF to be very selective/strategic in that area

14h Head_shot_normal.jpg Brendan Sonnone â€@BSonnone

@tstephensCBS @carnot3 @UCFBiggie Exactly. Little room for error across the board now.

8:25 PM - 1 Aug 12 via web ·

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

If UCF senior forward Keith Clanton decides not to return to Knights, I think USF would very much be in play. Nearly chose Bulls out of HS.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

If UCF senior forward Keith Clanton decides not to return to Knights, I think USF would very much be in play. Nearly chose Bulls out of HS.

lol omg that would be awesome.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

After refusing to talk to any media outlets about this fiasco... Ken Caldwell speaks out and takes his talents to.... Youtube! It's funny how self absorbed this guy is and his explanation on how things went down at UCF.