• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

UCF hit with one year bowl ban

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

He also has the strongest ties to Orlando. Clanton, an Orlando Christian Prep graduate, chose UCF over other higher profile schools because he wanted his mother to be able to watch every game.

If that's why he chose them over us, he needs to transfer to Rollins ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I believe Genshaft is still the chairperson of the NCAA Board of Directors.

Looks like she is getting ready to hammer MIAMI. LOL

NCAA Board of Directors Approve Tougher Penalties Proposal

Which would allow up to 4 years bans from post season play and revenue penalties involving monies earned during the violation years. The proposal would also permit significant penalties for coaches and is subject to approval at the annual meeting in October.

genshafthammer.png

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

Interesting point. Does Judy have any direct input into the penalties? If so I can't even imagine how she will be maligned by UCF.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

After refusing to talk to any media outlets about this fiasco... Ken Caldwell speaks out and takes his talents to.... Youtube! It's funny how self absorbed this guy is and his explanation on how things went down at UCF.

Its funny how he basically admits to giving cash to recruits, but says I am like his 2nd father... which means, you ARE NOT HIS FATHER.

If that was a valid excuse, Drew Rosenhaus would be EVERYONE top recruit's 2nd father ::)

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It was only a flesh wound.

I think when UCF commits learn about ALL the penalties and analyze how those might negatively impact their success on the field, they will think twice about going there. I know I would, if it was me in their situation.

After it sunk in, some of them are now having second thoughts.

TBT WR Richard Benjamin is re-opening his recruitment, decommitting from UCF.

By Ryan Bass, Bright House Sports Network

Last Updated: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 @ 09:14PM

PINELLAS PARK --

Tampa Bay Tech wide receiver Richard Benjamin is re-opening his recruitment.

The 6-foot-1, 195-pound receiver is decommitting from UCF, and will explore other college options, head coach Jayson Roberts confirmed to BHSN.

“Really, from talking to Rich, I think he kind of feels like he may have rushed into his decision," Roberts said. "In light of the sanctions that came down on UCF, he isn’t 100 percent sure what the program is going to be like when he gets there. He is opening it (his recruitment) up to weigh his options to see what else is out there.â€.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

Despite the fact this is UCF I can honestly say that I would not wish ill will on our rivals. I think they must serve whatever penalties the NCAA finds appropriate but I actually wish that they had not found themselves in this situation. I know it is good for the Bulls in terms of recruiting and wins but we ought to be able to perform well regardless of the success of our opponents. I would like for all our of new members to be tarnish free, including UCF. Sorry to see our future rival in this state. I think it lessens the enjoyment of whatever rivalry we have now or in the near future when I just honestly feel kinda bad for them. Anyway, they need to serve their penalties for their infractions and hopefully they will be clean moving forward. who wants a rival that is constantly serving NCAA penalties?

I will say I certainly don't feel bad taking any of their recruits, or those of any other program for that matter (assuming we are not commiting NCAA infractions to do so).

However, I will continue to mock them and their fans in rivalry jest and to not their heads fill with so much air that is infused with ideas of grandure as is often the case.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

Wow. I was genuinely nervous that UCF would be cutting down the nets this year

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Despite the fact this is UCF I can honestly say that I would not wish ill will on our rivals. I think they must serve whatever penalties the NCAA finds appropriate but I actually wish that they had not found themselves in this situation. I know it is good for the Bulls in terms of recruiting and wins but we ought to be able to perform well regardless of the success of our opponents. I would like for all our of new members to be tarnish free, including UCF. Sorry to see our future rival in this state. I think it lessens the enjoyment of whatever rivalry we have now or in the near future when I just honestly feel kinda bad for them. Anyway, they need to serve their penalties for their infractions and hopefully they will be clean moving forward. who wants a rival that is constantly serving NCAA penalties?

I will say I certainly don't feel bad taking any of their recruits, or those of any other program for that matter (assuming we are not commiting NCAA infractions to do so).

However, I will continue to mock them and their fans in rivalry jest and to not their heads fill with so much air that is infused with ideas of grandure as is often the case.

I could never, will never feel bad for ucif. I call for the death penalty!

• Upvote 1