• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some screenshots from NCAA football '13

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

and when I thought I posted this for the gamers on here, can you say thread debunked?!

LOL - sorry about that - although the correct term would be derailed. B)

it's funny how it completely went off it's purpose lol oh well!

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I'm going to exit this conversation before I state my true feelings and anger some parents or fans of the university I love. I don't have any kids (that I'm aware of)... so my sentiments are based on my own personal upbringing in not the safest neighborhood (I'm definitely not the product of a Tampa Palms country club environment). I am and will always be down with the pizza parties though. Trophies... winners only please.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

8 days until NCAA.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

My cosin coaches his 7 year old daughters soccer team. In their league they didn't even keep score yet and there were no goalies. He said next season is the age when they start keeping score and add a goal keeper.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

My cosin coaches his 7 year old daughters soccer team. In their league they didn't even keep score yet and there were no goalies. He said next season is the age when they start keeping score and add a goal keeper.

That's kinda cool.

Not everybody needs to play competitively.

I'm very glad that some do, since I get to watch them perform. For me, I just want to get out there and do my best. Win or lose, I'm just going to have fun doing it. Don't really care about the score, and when I get teamed with a real competitor, nobody has a good time. Me, because he wants to win at all costs, nor him, since I want to have fun at all costs.

There's room for both kinds of people, just not on the same team at the same time.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm going to exit this conversation before I state my true feelings and anger some parents or fans of the university I love. I don't have any kids (that I'm aware of)... so my sentiments are based on my own personal upbringing in not the safest neighborhood (I'm definitely not the product of a Tampa Palms country club environment). I am and will always be down with the pizza parties though. Trophies... winners only please.

+1 and then some.... Want a trophy, win something... If we reward mediocrity, then what is the incentive to achieve more.... I do have a kid, and hopefully she will know the difference between losing and being beat by someone who was just better that day....

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

That's kinda cool.

I'm very glad that some do, since I get to watch them perform. For me, I just want to get out there and do my best. Win or lose, I'm just going to have fun doing it. Don't really care about the score, and when I get teamed with a real competitor, nobody has a good time. Me, because he wants to win at all costs, nor him, since I want to have fun at all costs.

There's room for both kinds of people, just not on the same team at the same time.

Yes, it's pretty cool. The kids all have tons of fun. I've been to three of the games. The score doesn't really matter so much, you can see the kids that give effort and the ones that don't and i don't think assigning winners and losers would change that. All the parents cheer if their child's team scores and the kids smile. But trust me when I tell you even at seven his daughter is very competitive. She beams the ball harder than anyone out there and kids duck sometimes after she kicks it. Some of the girls are aggressive and some aren't. Now he has the challenge of choosing a goalie without hurting anyone's feelings since more than one girl wants the position. You should hear when he talks with the other dads. They're so competitive and caught up in how to beat this one team it's comical.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Cool. Maybe he needs to split the girls into two teams, one for competition, the other for fun and exercise?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

That's kinda cool.

Yes, it's pretty cool. The kids all have tons of fun. I've been to three of the games. The score doesn't really matter so much, you can see the kids that give effort and the ones that don't and i don't think assigning winners and losers would change that. All the parents cheer if their child's team scores and the kids smile. But trust me when I tell you even at seven his daughter is very competitive. She beams the ball harder than anyone out there and kids duck sometimes after she kicks it. Some of the girls are aggressive and some aren't. Now he has the challenge of choosing a goalie without hurting anyone's feelings since more than one girl wants the position. You should hear when he talks with the other dads. They're so competitive and caught up in how to beat this one team it's comical.

Youth sports without parents would be ideal .... of course then you wouldn't have any youths.

Sounds like your cousin's daughter will be a prime candidate for club soccer and there should be clubs with that age bracket around.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

what about video games you guys? the game comes out a week from today, who's excited?