• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some screenshots from NCAA football '13

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

what about video games you guys? the game comes out a week from today, who's excited?

Really disappointed about no import to Madden. I like seeing the recruits in Madden and progressing into NFL stars. But I like the new passing and more realistic DB and WR system where they have to be looking back to see the ball so no more magic catches and interceptions in this year's version. They barely got the new physics system into Madden this year so it will be in NCAA next year and hopefully they figure out how to correctly put import back in so yeah, I am always excited to see a new NCAA or Madden but next year, I think, is going to be the year.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

I think they will re establish that connection next year after they upgrade NCAA 13 to the real physics system they have on madden this year, I don't think they did it by choice, that was one reason I ever considered buying madden

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

My cosin coaches his 7 year old daughters soccer team. In their league they didn't even keep score yet and there were no goalies. He said next season is the age when they start keeping score and add a goal keeper.

That's kinda cool.

Not everybody needs to play competitively.

I'm very glad that some do, since I get to watch them perform. For me, I just want to get out there and do my best. Win or lose, I'm just going to have fun doing it. Don't really care about the score, and when I get teamed with a real competitor, nobody has a good time. Me, because he wants to win at all costs, nor him, since I want to have fun at all costs.

There's room for both kinds of people, just not on the same team at the same time.

Yes, it's pretty cool. The kids all have tons of fun. I've been to three of the games. The score doesn't really matter so much, you can see the kids that give effort and the ones that don't and i don't think assigning winners and losers would change that. All the parents cheer if their child's team scores and the kids smile. But trust me when I tell you even at seven his daughter is very competitive. She beams the ball harder than anyone out there and kids duck sometimes after she kicks it. Some of the girls are aggressive and some aren't. Now he has the challenge of choosing a goalie without hurting anyone's feelings since more than one girl wants the position. You should hear when he talks with the other dads. They're so competitive and caught up in how to beat this one team it's comical.

Youth sports without parents would be ideal .... of course then you wouldn't have any youths.

Sounds like your cousin's daughter will be a prime candidate for club soccer and there should be clubs with that age bracket around.

In general, competitive soccer starts around the 11 or 12 age. Up to that point, its all about skill development. The serious coaches don't even care about wins and losses until 14 or 15, and then not so much. A great coach will have his team winning, he/she doesn't need to make it a priority.

what about video games you guys? the game comes out a week from today, who's excited?

I'm pumped. If anyone would like to be in an Online Dynasty, send me a PM. We had one last year that was lots of fun until we got derailed with the aforementioned Transfer Failed issues. Some of that group has soured on the idea, so we might have an opening or two. Or we can perhaps just start one with TBP members. If the idea gains steam we'll need to move that conversation to The Trough.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

alright then I'm on PS3 I'm down

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

My cosin coaches his 7 year old daughters soccer team. In their league they didn't even keep score yet and there were no goalies. He said next season is the age when they start keeping score and add a goal keeper.

That's kinda cool.

Not everybody needs to play competitively.

I'm very glad that some do, since I get to watch them perform. For me, I just want to get out there and do my best. Win or lose, I'm just going to have fun doing it. Don't really care about the score, and when I get teamed with a real competitor, nobody has a good time. Me, because he wants to win at all costs, nor him, since I want to have fun at all costs.

There's room for both kinds of people, just not on the same team at the same time.

Yes, it's pretty cool. The kids all have tons of fun. I've been to three of the games. The score doesn't really matter so much, you can see the kids that give effort and the ones that don't and i don't think assigning winners and losers would change that. All the parents cheer if their child's team scores and the kids smile. But trust me when I tell you even at seven his daughter is very competitive. She beams the ball harder than anyone out there and kids duck sometimes after she kicks it. Some of the girls are aggressive and some aren't. Now he has the challenge of choosing a goalie without hurting anyone's feelings since more than one girl wants the position. You should hear when he talks with the other dads. They're so competitive and caught up in how to beat this one team it's comical.

Youth sports without parents would be ideal .... of course then you wouldn't have any youths.

Sounds like your cousin's daughter will be a prime candidate for club soccer and there should be clubs with that age bracket around.

In general, competitive soccer starts around the 11 or 12 age. Up to that point, its all about skill development. The serious coaches don't even care about wins and losses until 14 or 15, and then not so much. A great coach will have his team winning, he/she doesn't need to make it a priority.

Unless your kid(s) play at H.C. United or whatever they're calling themsleves these days. They are running competitive teams in U11. Way too much money and way too much pressure on the kids at that age. I know a young lady that plays at Polk State in Lakeland, she actually quit soccer for a year because of the BS. She's an incredible player, she's excelling on the JC level. Not as much BS.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If the kids are ready, they're ready. If not, they're not.

Competitive ballet starts at 3, violin at 5, why shouldn't sports be early as well - IF they're ready.

Unless your kid(s) play at H.C. United or whatever they're calling themsleves these days. They are running competitive teams in U11. Way too much money and way too much pressure on the kids at that age. I know a young lady that plays at Polk State in Lakeland, she actually quit soccer for a year because of the BS. She's an incredible player, she's excelling on the JC level. Not as much BS.

My daughter played with a couple of the young ladies at Polk State. They have a very nice team.

It is unbelievable the BS politics involved even as young as U10 and U11. It is very difficult to find coaches and parents with integrity.

Competitive ballet starts at 3, violin at 5, why shouldn't sports be early as well - IF they're ready.

it shouldn't. No kid is ready at 3 or 5 for competition, only the parents are ready and want it.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

it shouldn't. No kid is ready at 3 or 5 for competition, only the parents are ready and want it.

If they don't start then, they'll never make it to the bigs. Just the way those industries run.