• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ZERO marketing for USF sports

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

I'm glad I can count on the US Men's Soccer team in the Olympics in 2012... oh wait... the game just got set back in the US by 10 years by tying a country no bigger than the state of Massachusetts. This kind of reminds me of all the Seth haters. Some of our fanbase effectively ran our coach out of town because he only kept us competitive. Our program essentially went into an eight year tailspin.

And during that eight year "tailspin", we won the same exact number of post season tournament games that competitive Seth did in his seven years here ...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I'm glad I can count on the US Men's Soccer team in the Olympics in 2012... oh wait... the game just got set back in the US by 10 years by tying a country no bigger than the state of Massachusetts. This kind of reminds me of all the Seth haters. Some of our fanbase effectively ran our coach out of town because he only kept us competitive. Our program essentially went into an eight year tailspin.

And during that eight year "tailspin", we won the same exact number of post season tournament games that competitive Seth did in his seven years here ...

And posted a winning record in conference play only once less than during Greenberg's tenure.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I'm glad I can count on the US Men's Soccer team in the Olympics in 2012... oh wait... the game just got set back in the US by 10 years by tying a country no bigger than the state of Massachusetts. This kind of reminds me of all the Seth haters. Some of our fanbase effectively ran our coach out of town because he only kept us competitive. Our program essentially went into an eight year tailspin. US Soccer fans ran Bob Bradley out of town last year and US Men's Soccer effectively collapses. Comical to say the least.

Ignorance is bliss. Bob Bradley then and Jurgen Klinsmann now do not coach the under 23 USMNT. Klinsmann is the coach of the full USMNT that just recently beat Italy, in Italy.

http://www.ussoccer.com/news/mens-national-team/2012/02/us-mnt-earns-first-win-against-italy.aspx

When's the last time the USA won Olympic Gold in Baseball?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

USF marketing has always been terrible. What's new?

At least our commercial during games is no longer extra sucky. It is just bad. MAJOR improvement!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  6,754

US Baseball utilizes amateurs... whereas Cuba was utilizing professionals. Big difference.

The US Under-23 team losing demonstrates how third world soccer is in America. In a society where soccer moms drive their little princesses to camps and tournaments week in and week out, you would think we would be better prepared when facing a true third world country such as El Salvador. Wrong answer...

It's like professional soccer in the US is some retread wrestling federation where foreign stars that are past their prime go to earn a paycheck. When the US does have a great player, they can't even keep him stateside. Someone remind me what National team New Jersey born player Giuseppe Rossi plays for? And why? Kid grew up in Jersey, yet spurned the red, white, and blue for the Italian blue. Shameful to say the least.

• Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Dude, please don't tell me your supporting Seth. He is the definition of mediocrity as coach. He has done NOTHING in his career. He is a door to door Britannica salesman, nothing more.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I once scored 4 touchdowns against Polk High.

Al Bundy, is that you? :D Man, I love me some soccer. Haters are going to hate!

US Baseball utilizes amateurs... whereas Cuba was utilizing professionals. Big difference.

The US Under-23 team losing demonstrates how third world soccer is in America. In a society where soccer moms drive their little princesses to camps and tournaments week in and week out, you would think we would be better prepared when facing a true third world country such as El Salvador. Wrong answer...

It's like professional soccer in the US is some retread wrestling federation where foreign stars that are past their prime go to earn a paycheck. When the US does have a great player, they can't even keep him stateside. Someone remind me what National team New Jersey born player Giuseppe Rossi plays for? And why? Kid grew up in Jersey, yet spurned the red, white, and blue for the Italian blue. Shameful to say the least.

Bottom line USA hasn't won a gold in baseball in how long? Don't give me that excuse of amatuers vs pros. It's our game, we should win. How can their pros be better than our best collegiate players? We don't just lose to Cuba.

Soccer is El Salvadors (and 95% of the rest of the world's) game. They should win.

I don't blame the guy of split parental nationalities for playing for Italy. I would have loved for him to play for the US, but Italy gives him the best shot at winning a W.C. title.

You sure do know a fair amount about the current state of US soccer to say you hate the sport.

I once scored 4 touchdowns against Polk High.

Al Bundy, is that you? :D Man, I love me some soccer. Haters are going to hate!

B)

• Content Count:  6,754

My brother coaches at the D1 level in the Northeast. I hear some things from time to time. Soccer is a game for kids that will never challenge the popularity of football, baseball, or basketball in America (at least not during our lifetime). Just my two cents...

Archived