• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ZERO marketing for USF sports

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

Heard about this from a friend that was at the game last night.

http://www.orlandoci...&frm%5Be%5D=127

Nothing new. Welcome to USF sports. We market nothing here and when we do market all you get is Emails that are known for having incorrect information on them.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Oh good, it had been a few weeks since I'd seen anyone whining about this.

Anyway, what, exactly, do you propose? This is a nothing game against a team that, frankly, might be worse than USF. They play in the third tier of American soccer, and nobody has ever heard of them. Do you know how stupid it would look to market this game as anything meaningful or exciting? I'm sorry to have to tell you two this, but not every single thing that has the USF name on it is worth hyping to the masses.

If the university treated this like it was actually something exciting and worth hyping, and then everyone realizes that it's exactly the opposite of that, then what happens when something worth actually getting excited about comes along? The athletic department has no credibility.

If you want to argue that the athletic department doesn't do an effective job marketing its events, you (well, someone anyway) might be able to put together a thoughtful argument to that effect. But this sure as hell ain't an example of it.

• Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

I still have no idea what or who this team or event is or has anything to do with "Marketing" of USF sports.

I guess getting the USF Madness shirts all over ESPN with the Rays help and all the good press lately is worthless because they didn't market a game that nobody cares about lol.

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

Who needs Marketing when you've got TheBullsPen man!

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Oh good, it had been a few weeks since I'd seen anyone whining about this.

Anyway, what, exactly, do you propose? This is a nothing game against a team that, frankly, might be worse than USF. They play in the third tier of American soccer, and nobody has ever heard of them. Do you know how stupid it would look to market this game as anything meaningful or exciting? I'm sorry to have to tell you two this, but not every single thing that has the USF name on it is worth hyping to the masses.

If the university treated this like it was actually something exciting and worth hyping, and then everyone realizes that it's exactly the opposite of that, then what happens when something worth actually getting excited about comes along? The athletic department has no credibility.

If you want to argue that the athletic department doesn't do an effective job marketing its events, you (well, someone anyway) might be able to put together a thoughtful argument to that effect. But this sure as hell ain't an example of it.

Oh nice, it's been a few weeks since I've seen you whining about someone else whining. Thought the world had ended for a second.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Marketing for a soccer game that means absolutely nothing? Come on bro... Why waste the money. I'd rather spend the money on skimpier outfits for the Sun Dolls... which tells you how important soccer is too many of us.

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

one of the best life lessons I ever learned was, 'know when to pick your battles'. this was definitely not it!

• Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think that Bull-by-Marriage was trying to start a discussion on marketing as the body of his post doesn't mention it at all. I think he might have just been giving everyone a heads up about the game. Thanks for the info!

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You're right...

The title of the post is "ZERO marketing for USF sports"

BBM was just alerting everyone to the game's existence...

Archived