• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ZERO marketing for USF sports

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

You're right...

The title of the post is "ZERO marketing for USF sports"

BBM was just alerting everyone to the game's existence...

I sense a hint of sarcasm ...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,495
  • Days Won:  10

From what I gathered, this was more of a pre-season "friendly" for the Rowdies more than a pre-pre-season game for us. I don't even think this game is listed on any official USF schedule.

Judging by the crowd, it seems that the word got out sufficiently. It seems that marketing did a good job to me and didn't spend money where it didn't need to be spent.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Risk vs Reward.... They probably would lose money marketing to certain events.

• Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

From what I gathered, this was more of a pre-season "friendly" for the Rowdies more than a pre-pre-season game for us. I don't even think this game is listed on any official USF schedule.

Judging by the crowd, it seems that the word got out sufficiently. It seems that marketing did a good job to me and didn't spend money where it didn't need to be spent.

The game being talked about is another friendly next weekend against an Orlando club.

• Content Count:  123
  • Days Won:  0

The game being talked about is another friendly next weekend against an Orlando club.

Is this game in Tampa or Orlando?

Thx

jonpfl

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

How about a single mention on gousfbulls.com. That is what I meant, I apologize for using marketing. But the lack of info on the official website is ridiculous.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Is this game in Tampa or Orlando?

Thx

jonpfl

It's in Tampa.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I agree with OP. Not with this game, but in general. I never hear anything about baseball. The only times I ever hear anything about the other sports is when we are doing well(soccer in Sweet 16, basketball in tourney, etc). Football does a decent job of marketing itself but the rest of the sports are definitely lacking. The billboard on 275 about taking it downtown isnt much marketing. On campus especially. The only way I know if there is a baseball game is if I remember to check the schedule myself. Some better marketing and incentives are needed for all USF sports.

That being said, our administration has bigger things to worry about concerning these budget cuts.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

what is orlando city?

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

No marketinf because they could spend a millie on it and nobody would still care.

Archived