• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

West Virginia files law suit against big east

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

WVU is to football what Jerry Springer is to TV.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Nevermind correction-

From the Big 12 office: "WVU membership in the Big 12 is not contingent upon joining the conference for the 2012-13 season."

From David Ubben's twitter, the Big 12 ESPN blogger.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I find it interesting that some think that they "can't" get out of the Big East. It's as simple as they don't show up for contests starting July 1.

I don't think it is that simple. I expect there would the Big East would sue the Big 12 if WVU attempts that. The Big 12 doesn't want any part of a lawsuit. I would guess that the Big 12 has a backup plan like Tulane in place in the event this doesn't end well for WVU.

• Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I find it interesting that some think that they "can't" get out of the Big East. It's as simple as they don't show up for contests starting July 1. This all comes down to money and alot will change hands.... but WVU will be playing OU and TX in September... not USF and Rutgers... it's that simple.

No, it's really not that simple. If a judge enters an injunctive order saying WVU has the choice of either (1) playing in the Big East in 2012 or (2) not playing at all... in that case, I bet they show up July 1.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Yes, they're going. I just hope the BE cleans them out them on the way out. But I doubt it. Marinatto is the handshake guy.

It will be interesting to see. This is something Marinatto actually has some control over, unlike most things that have happened. Who know, he might surprise.

• Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

WVU is to football what Jerry Springer is to TV.

It's been this way since RR was leaving for Bama, the season prior to going to Michigan.

I have always said we should go Independent and sell our TV rights to TNT cause we know drama.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

There is no way that WVU gets out of this contract when Cuse, Pitt, and the ACC have failed to find any loop holes themselves.

WVU will be in the Big East for 27 months or they will get an injunction filed against them... if the Big12 tries to intervene then they are opening themselves up for a lawsuit from the Big East just like the ACC did back when they took Miami, VT, and BC...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

No, it's really not that simple. If a judge enters an injunctive order saying WVU has the choice of either (1) playing in the Big East in 2012 or (2) not playing at all... in that case, I bet they show up July 1.

No judge in WV is going to issue that order... and because WVU started the proceedings that's where the case will be heard. It will be settled out of court and WVU will be B12 by July 1. There's too much money at stake for them no to be.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

There's a half-dozen threads on this, so I'm sorry if I repeat this in the same thread, but the Big East can easily counter-sue WVU in Rhode Island.

Venue is meaningless in this case.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Marinatto's not just fighting us he is fighting the other conferences, also, unless he is going exclusively with NBC the money the Big East Conference is going to get in TV money is going to start dwindling.

In case you did not know the other conferences have been fighting us and winning. The money is dwindling anyways. So we might as well fight all out, got nothing to lose.

Archived