• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

West Virginia files law suit against big east

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

There's a half-dozen threads on this, so I'm sorry if I repeat this in the same thread, but the Big East can easily counter-sue WVU in Rhode Island.

Venue is meaningless in this case.

per espn:

Although each of those schools could file suit in their respective states, Washington, D.C. law (where the WVU suit will be heard) would govern, according to the Big East bylaws.

http://www.espn.go.com/blog/sportsbusiness/post/_/id/51/west-virginia-lawsuit-one-worth-watching

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a half-dozen threads on this, so I'm sorry if I repeat this in the same thread, but the Big East can easily counter-sue WVU in Rhode Island.

Venue is meaningless in this case.

per espn:

Although each of those schools could file suit in their respective states, Washington, D.C. law (where the WVU suit will be heard) would govern, according to the Big East bylaws.

I like our odds with georgetown law grads arguing DC law for us.

http://www.espn.go.c...-worth-watching

• Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

In the other thread I posted why this will not end up in DC even though bylaws say so. WVU is a state agency and we already have precedent on this RR case.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

But you have no precedent in a counter-suit.

In the other thread I posted why this will not end up in DC even though bylaws say so. WVU is a state agency and we already have precedent on this RR case.

what would a contract with a former state employee have to do with a contract between 15 other conference members located outside the state of WVU?

I'm sure you can file a breach of contract claim in your state but can't every other conference member file one in their individual states when it comes to a counter suit ?

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Can we merge these threads please?

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

wvu will be in b12 in 2012...

nothing will stop them...

they simply will not honor their contract and deal with the ramifications later

• Content Count:  260

How much you want to beat that WVU is in the Big East next year?

This bet assumes Mizzou is in SEC in 2012.

WVU will be in the Big East next season. The lawsuit filed is baseless. Funny how WVU portrayed other programs as trying to get out, but didn't say anything about themselves in regard to the ACC and SEC. The fact that they tried to pass of that the Big 12 came to them is a joke. We all know that WVU was working with the Big 12 long before October 27.

Enjoy the next 27 months in the Big East.

WVU is not breaking any laws by leaving. They are breaking a contract. The only recourse is monetary damages. You cannot legally force specific performance in this situation.

• Content Count:  820

what would a contract with a former state employee have to do with a contract between 15 other conference members located outside the state of WVU?

It's how the counter suit would be against the state of WV will stay in the state per federal judges determination in Clarksburg, WV (40 minutes south of Morgantown) has already ruled upon. The BE's countersuit would be against WVU which is a state agency and therefore stay here that is why the suit was turned inMonday and sloppily written just to keep it here.

This will never see a courtroom anywhere monies will be paid to BE and we will be on our way next July.

Like I said earlier I will miss this game and pitt and hopefully in 2 years will be doing home/home with both again.

It's how the counter suit would be against the state of WV will stay in the state per federal judges determination in Clarksburg, WV (40 minutes south of Morgantown) has already ruled upon. The BE's countersuit would be against WVU which is a state agency and therefore stay here that is why the suit was turned inMonday and sloppily written just to keep it here.

This will never see a courtroom anywhere monies will be paid to BE and we will be on our way next July.

Like I said earlier I will miss this game and pitt and hopefully in 2 years will be doing home/home with both again.

I have no doubt it will be settled. the big 12 wants you now and the sec wants mizzou now. they along with wvu will write a fat check to ensure it. they have to much tv money at stake. I don't think it's as simple as you make it to be and I still believe the big east is negotiating from a position of power.

Archived