• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

West Virginia files law suit against big east

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Days Won:  10

I see a nice indoor practice facility coming out of all of this.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

In the other thread I posted why this will not end up in DC even though bylaws say so. WVU is a state agency and we already have precedent on this RR case.

Your contract with Rich Rod did not contain a provision setting the venue of any disputes somewhere else other than West Virginia. Where the parties have agreed in writing to venue in another location then that is where venue is proper.

Also, a trial court decision (even if there was one in the RR case) is not precedential in any legal fashion to another case involving a different party.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

How much you want to beat that WVU is in the Big East next year?

This bet assumes Mizzou is in SEC in 2012.

WVU will be in the Big East next season. The lawsuit filed is baseless. Funny how WVU portrayed other programs as trying to get out, but didn't say anything about themselves in regard to the ACC and SEC. The fact that they tried to pass of that the Big 12 came to them is a joke. We all know that WVU was working with the Big 12 long before October 27.

Enjoy the next 27 months in the Big East.

WVU is not breaking any laws by leaving. They are breaking a contract. The only recourse is monetary damages. You cannot legally force specific performance in this situation.

True but you could get an order preventing WVU from playing in the B12 for 27 months backed up by contempt of court sanctions. Meaning that WVU would not have to play in the BE but could not play anywhere else either.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Can we merge these threads please?

Which ones? I've been looking and they seem to be different topics.

Ok, I merged the WV lawsuit thread with the WVU leaving early thread. They circled back to the same discussion.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

I there are some lawyers on here, but Is it me or does everybody seem to be a legal expert now?

If I recall correctly, one of the posters on here is an attorney. (Hint, not the guy from WVU)

I'm by no means an attorney, but I did actually read the lawsuit filing and I did read three or four different interpretations from legal people on the web.

It is obvious by some of the posts on here that some people are only reading media reports and haven't read the actual filing. Or maybe they are reading the talking points offered to them by their university and told to spread the word. B)

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

I am, smazza is, and I know there is at least one other... That being said, unless you practice this type of law and/or have more information than is available to us by media outlets, you probably don't know anything more than anyone else that's been keeping up with it and has half a brain.

• Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

I have read the filing and have discussions with lawyers in this state including some who know the attorneys filing and WVU lawyers who are saying the same thing I am. We will be shelling out some money and out of here.

Again I willing to bet some dinners on this say Casa Tina's in Dunedin that if Mizzou is in SEc in 2012 we are playing in Big 12 come July 1st, therefore when we come down next fall usually for Halloween we will celebrate WVU's freedom.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

WVU may get out early but I hope not. I hope the Big East shafts them and the other defectors with the worst schedule possible. Give them a Sunday night game followed by a Wednesday night game.

Archived