• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

West Virginia files law suit against big east

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think if somehow the new teams can come for 2012, you'll see the Big East let the others out for 2012 (with a larger buyout). Right now they can't because they'd have a 5 team conference.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

$- I still assume we pay around the $20 million mark to get out, now we pay this directly to Big East Conference. They then decide what to do with it, and I will tell you, USF wont see any of it.

Any particular reason you say this? Talk about random speculation. Please clarify your reasoning.

Because Marinatto does not give a rats ass about the football side, that buyout money should be directed only towards football because the buyout money is only required for football schools. It will be used for basketball.

I agree the remaining existing football teams should get the money divided up with the notice that they must stay 27 months prior to submitting notice to leave if they choose so. Therefore USF would get $4 mill.

Are you saying that WVU shouldn't have to stay 27 months, but the others should? Really?

No I am saying that if we pay out $20 mil, the five remaining schools Uconn, UC, UL, USF, and Rutgers should split this money up if they agree to stay and agree not to submit leave for "the 27 months" that this money would cover damages for. Therefore if someone turns it down it should split 4 ways and so on. So Basically if only USF thinks they are going to end up in Big East within the next 27 months, these other schools say no to the money and USF its it all from WVU, and the $5 million from Pitt and Cuse should also be done this way.

The bad thing for the conference would to let this go to WV courts were we could walk free, and would like Cuse and Pitt do the same.

The bad thing for the conference would be to let WV walk free. This lawsuit looks about 98% against WVU. You do realize that in order for WVU to prevail, there must be no evidence that WV talked to any other conference prior to Pitt and 'Cuse announcing they were leaving. I'd say the likelihood that WVU had no conversations are about zero and less than zero.

On a national level it looks against WVU, but remember the key to this for WV is they prepared the suit, and thus it stays in WV courts, no federal due to WVU being a state agency. You tell me if this comes to a trial a WV court is going to tell WVU that they have to stay and pay?

This lawsuit is about discovery. WV is praying that the Big East has secrets that they don't want to get out, and that those secrets are bigger than the secrets WV is hiding. From what I can tell, WV has the bigger secrets. The BE isn't smart enough or conniving enough to have a lot of big secrets.

Do I think we have skeletons yes, do I think BE has skeletons yes, Turning down the ESPN was huge for us to get out

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Do I think we have skeletons yes, do I think BE has skeletons yes, Turning down the ESPN was huge for us to get out

This is why I'm actually glad of the lawsuit. I hope the discovery extends to Pitt and they get fully subpoenaed, since they're the footdraggers who apparently killed the TV deal (and Nova, too)

• Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

The bad thing for the conference would be to let WV walk free. This lawsuit looks about 98% against WVU. You do realize that in order for WVU to prevail, there must be no evidence that WV talked to any other conference prior to Pitt and 'Cuse announcing they were leaving. I'd say the likelihood that WVU had no conversations are about zero and less than zero.

On a national level it looks against WVU, but remember the key to this for WV is they prepared the suit, and thus it stays in WV courts, no federal due to WVU being a state agency. You tell me if this comes to a trial a WV court is going to tell WVU that they have to stay and pay?

you are forgetting about the appeal that the Big East will file if they lose. The appeal may not be done before the start of the next football season.. The courts will not let you move until the appeal is complete, regardless of what the first ruling was.

you are forgetting about the appeal that the Big East will file if they lose. The appeal may not be done before the start of the next football season.. The courts will not let you move until the appeal is complete, regardless of what the first ruling was.

WV is a judicial hellhole and this may actually be to our advantage. The state supreme court is elected officials just like the govenor in this state. We will be allowed to move.

And this will never hit a court room, it will be mediated by Feb, so everyone can schedule games.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

it will be mediated by Feb, so everyone can schedule games.

I agree. See you in Morgantown next season.

it will be mediated by Feb, so everyone can schedule games.

I agree. See you in Morgantown next season.

You are more than welcome to come up for the Oklahoma game, I will show you around.

Our stance is we are out of here because Big 12 is telling us so, only way we are here next year is if Mizzou is still hanging around. We will deal with consequences later.

• Content Count:  21,266
  • Days Won:  10

WVU can't leave until the case is settled. See you next year.

How much you want to beat that WVU is in the Big East next year?

This bet assumes Mizzou is in SEC in 2012.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

How much you want to beat that WVU is in the Big East next year?

This bet assumes Mizzou is in SEC in 2012.

Could be the first ever school to be in two conferences at the same time ..... Love your avatar, btw.

Archived