• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

West Virginia files law suit against big east

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

I think we insuitated we were going to offer money and they said no.

Therefore the suit.

Again no one has taken my bet.

Because your bet is not related to the lawsuit. There is a price at which WVU can buy their way out. No one disagrees with that, so why would someone bet?

Care to disagree, the reason the lawsuit was instigated was to bully the BE to sit down to the table, this will never see a court room, and WVU's goal is to come up with the lowest amount to be paid out. I still say we get out for less than $25 million, which USF and other existing BE football teams will never see a dime of, which is the worst part.

Everyone is saying WVU will be in the BE. Everyone knows money buys us our freedom, everyone knows that if Mizzou is in SEC next year WVU will be in Big 12 next year, the question is how much does it take, and its now where near $85 million.

I will edit my bet to include WVU pays less than $30 milion also to be out by 2012.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

How about 27 months of Big 12 money?

How about 27 months of Big 12 money?

What I expect it to be is $5 million and the next two years of what the BE TV revenue would have been to WVU.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Care to disagree, the reason the lawsuit was instigated was to bully the BE to sit down to the table, this will never see a court room,

That would work better if the lawsuit actually had some legal basis, but it is obvious that is why WVU brought the lawsuit.

Everyone is saying WVU will be in the BE.

This is a long thread, but I'm pretty sure that most people are saying they hope WVU will get stuck in the BE.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

I hope they get stuck in the gears of a combine.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Therefore the suit.

Because your bet is not related to the lawsuit. There is a price at which WVU can buy their way out. No one disagrees with that, so why would someone bet?

Care to disagree, the reason the lawsuit was instigated was to bully the BE to sit down to the table, this will never see a court room, and WVU's goal is to come up with the lowest amount to be paid out. I still say we get out for less than $25 million, which USF and other existing BE football teams will never see a dime of, which is the worst part.

Everyone is saying WVU will be in the BE. Everyone knows money buys us our freedom, everyone knows that if Mizzou is in SEC next year WVU will be in Big 12 next year, the question is how much does it take, and its now where near $85 million.

I will edit my bet to include WVU pays less than $30 milion also to be out by 2012.

The Big East has already stated that it will lose $50 million if it lets WVU out of the Big East 27 months early... I can bet that the member schools want some kind of kick back as well... thus $85 million seems like a good deal to me.

$50 million for the Big East

$35 million divided by 13 Big East schools = $2 million or so each

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

What if Missouri isn't out of the Big 12 next season?

I think it would stand to reason that the Big 12 is certainly aware of the possibility that WVU may still be in the Big East, so they will do what they can legally to keep Missouri.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Therefore the suit.

The Big East has already stated that it will lose $50 million if it lets WVU out of the Big East 27 months early... I can bet that the member schools want some kind of kick back as well... thus $85 million seems like a good deal to me.

$50 million for the Big East

$35 million divided by 13 Big East schools = $2 million or so each

who is the big east? isn't the BE just the member institutions? who gets $50M?

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

who is the big east? isn't the BE just the member institutions? who gets $50M?

The 5 remaining football programs should see the bulk of that money.

What if Missouri isn't out of the Big 12 next season?

I think it would stand to reason that the Big 12 is certainly aware of the possibility that WVU may still be in the Big East, so they will do what they can legally to keep Missouri.

Again if Mizzou is not out of the Big12, there is no point for us to push the issue and we can save money, (Like Cuse and Pitt does not have too being a couple)

My thoughts is this upcoming conference AQ meeting, SEC and Big 12 is going to look at Big East (Marinatto) is going to get pressured. SEC wants the 14 to start working on scheduling, as does Big 12, because there is shifting that is going to have to get done.

Archived