• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Villanova nearing deal to join Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

can anyone tell me how this is even remotely positive news... nova is a joke.

come on people...

You've obviously not been following much if you have to ask that question.

How is 'Nova a joke?

Philly won't work for cfb. They get about the same amount of players at their football games as we get for baskeball games :P

I can't get pumped for a game at nova in an MLS stadium

I bet their basketball fans love watching us play!!

we're the last program that needs to be looking down our noses at conference mates.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

we're the last program that needs to be looking down our noses at conference mates.

Not sure if we're the "last program" to be looking down, but I do agree with the sentiment.

Not sure if we're the "last program" to be looking down, but I do agree with the sentiment.

we were the last one invited therefore we should be thankful to even have a seat at the table.

look at how bad UCf wants to be us.

we certainly shouldn't be thumbing our noses at Villanova, who has been in this conference for 30+ years.

We're lucky they didn't take our spot like it seems they did to UCF.

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

we were the last one invited therefore we should be thankful to even have a seat at the table.

we certainly shouldn't be thumbing our noses at Villanova, who has been in this conference for 30+ years.

i agree

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I am thankful for that seat at the table and I do agree with you in the context that we were the last football member added and shouldn't be barking about 'Nova.

I was mainly trying to say someone like DePaul (who does vote on new members) probably has the least say in the matter.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Hopefully they upgrade their stadium...have to agree with 813 Knight; ***** to play BCS games in a MLS soccer stadium....however, the additional revenue could help them along...the BE helped us in recruiting and funding...so I hope it does the same for those guys...short term problem though...hope they get it....still think we belong in the ACC....would be a hell of a lot easier getting to away conference games.....

I am thankful for that seat at the table and I do agree with you in the context that we were the last football member added and shouldn't be barking about 'Nova.

I was mainly trying to say someone like DePaul (who does vote on new members) probably has the least say in the matter.

I can't imagine DePaul has any say over who is invited for football only. It's different if we were adding a basketball program but that's not the case here.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Attendance will be tough at 'Nova should they decide to join.  That area just isn't a college football mecca.  People that live in that area were either Penn State or Notre Dame football fans.  There were slim pickins growing up when it came to football.  Funny, I was a ND fan until Lou Holtz took over.  Then I kind of just dropped out of college football.

Temple, Delaware, Rutgers and then Ivy League with Princeton and Penn were the only area colleges playing any kind of football.  'Nova will always be primarily a hoops school.  But they should have right of first refusal on this.  They did do well in 2009 in whatever their Division was.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

One other note about Big East expansion. We know TCU is joining the conference in 2012. We also know Nova could not join until 2014. Also, the new TV contract will start in 2014.

If we assume for a moment that the Big East adds only TCU (12') and Nova (14'). Then from a scheduling standpoint for the 2012 & 2013 seasons. Only 5 games OOC games would have to be dropped or moved. (UConn & UL would have to move 1 game in 12 and 13 and Pitt would have to move one in 13)

But if the BE would go ahead and expand with TCU & someone else (i.e. UCF, ECU, UH) then BE schools would have to drop or move 15 OOC games.

• Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

you guys popping some champagne tonight? Enjoy 'BCS' away games at the MLS stadium, students and young alums will love that  ;)

Did someone crap in your Cherios?

Your Brighthouse sponsored stadium is no better than any of the MLS stadiums; in fact is is probably worse than all of them.

Archived