• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Villanova nearing deal to join Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

can anyone tell me how this is even remotely positive news... nova is a joke.

come on people...

Extra team in football but basketball remains the same so $$ wise we don't stand to lose anything except in football. Nova aint that bad, hell they did just win a FCS championship in 09. That's pretty good imo.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

can anyone tell me how this is even remotely positive news... nova is a joke.

come on people...

You've obviously not been following much if you have to ask that question.

How is 'Nova a joke?

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I find it pretty funny how misconstrued UCF fans view of things are. They think we dont want them in the Big East because we are scared they are going to pass us. NEWS FLASH: We dont want you in the Big East because YOU OFFER NOTHING TO OUR CONFERENCE, AND WE DONT WANT TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOUR AWFUL FANBASE YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT. THANK YOU AND GOOD DAY.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

What I will point out about UCF is that....if they don't join a BCS conference soon....then they have probably peaked.

They claim even if they aren't in a BCS conference, they hope to be the next BCS buster like Boise State.

Well in order to do that, they will HAVE to go undefeated. Which may be possible with the CUSA lineup. But then their only OOC games of any note the next 4 seasons are Boston College, Kansas State, South Carolina, Pitt, UConn & BYU. Nice programs but wins against any of them is not going to significantly raise their status. Even going undefeated will not guarantee them of a BCS game. BSU went undefeated in 2008 and still ended up in the Poinsetta Bowl.

Their fan base will decline if all they are looking at is a steady diet of playing Marshall, UAB, Memphis and Southern Miss week in and week out. Their recruiting will probably drop off once the players really realize they are not going to be in a a BCS conference as they have been told and their best hope is to play in Memphis 4 years straight at the Liberty Bowl against the worst SEC bowl team.

So I am not trying to be mean spirited towards UCF, but if things play out where they don't end up in a BCS conference.....this is probably how it WILL play out. Being  a BCS buster is possible but not likely even if they go undefeated. Which means they will have to consistently start beating BCS teams which they have done 2 times now (none of which with a winning record might I add).

• Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

What I will point out about UCF is that....if they don't join a BCS conference soon....then they have probably peaked.

They claim even if they aren't in a BCS conference, they hope to be the next BCS buster like Boise State.

Well in order to do that, they will HAVE to go undefeated. Which may be possible with the CUSA lineup. But then their only OOC games of any note the next 4 seasons are Boston College, Kansas State, South Carolina, Pitt, UConn & BYU. Nice programs but wins against any of them is not going to significantly raise their status. Even going undefeated will not guarantee them of a BCS game. BSU went undefeated in 2008 and still ended up in the Poinsetta Bowl.

Their fan base will decline if all they are looking at is a steady diet of playing Marshall, UAB, Memphis and Southern Miss week in and week out. Their recruiting will probably drop off once the players really realize they are not going to be in a a BCS conference as they have been told and their best hope is to play in Memphis 4 years straight at the Liberty Bowl against the worst SEC bowl team.

So I am not trying to be mean spirited towards UCF, but if things play out where they don't end up in a BCS conference.....this is probably how it WILL play out. Being  a BCS buster is possible but not likely even if they go undefeated. Which means they will have to consistently start beating BCS teams which they have done 2 times now (none of which with a winning record might I add).

actually it's 3 times, but none of which with a winning record 

but i'm sure they will correct you on that.  ;D

I forgot the 2007 NC State win. I actually watched the 2000 Alabama win. At the time I remember I was actually rooting for UCF to win that game.

I forgot the 2007 NC State win. I actually watched the 2000 Alabama win. At the time I remember I was actually rooting for UCF to win that game.

are you sure you want to admit that  :D

is it wrong I want nova in so I can get a road trip in?  ;)

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

What will UCF tell all of these recruits they have been promising a step up to the Big East?

What will UCF tell all of these recruits they have been promising a step up to the Big East?

that it was only a possibility of a move and they never promised anything  >:D

that it was only a possibility of a move and they never promised anything  >:D

Well I think it is a significant point. UCF has had significantly better recruiting classes the past 2 seasons and I can't dismiss the belief that joining a BCS conference didn't have anything to do with it. They do probably have some of the best facilities in CUSA so I think they will continue to recruit at a high level but I think they may see a dropoff if the BIG East says Nova ends their plans for expansion. 

Archived