• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ "will" be 100% by game time. So, straight-up....

Who starts against Clemson?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I say run a spread offense with BJ to throw Clemson's D off

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Brian Bennett of ESPN reported this morning that Skip Holtz has declared Bobby Eveld as the starter.  If BJ is healthy, he will play.  But Bobby is the starter.

This is not any real new news. Skip didn't declare Eveld the starter. He has said that Eveld is the "anticipated" starter because BJ isn't 100% ... That hasn't changed

• Content Count:  2,052

Eveld starts= offensive play opens up with non predictable play

BJ starts= predictable plays and stagnant offense

Both play=  opens it wide REAL wide with Clemson not knowing what the heck to do defensively.

I just hope WE do!!!

• Content Count:  2,478

Brian Bennett of ESPN reported this morning that Skip Holtz has declared Bobby Eveld as the starter.  If BJ is healthy, he will play.  But Bobby is the starter.

This is not any real new news. Skip didn't declare Eveld the starter. He has said that Eveld is the "anticipated" starter because BJ isn't 100% ... That hasn't changed

I agree, he's just saying we're moving forward AS IF Bobby is the starter. And Daniels just needs to get healthy. That is key.

If Bobby is the starter, we WILL NOT have a chance if the offense play calling is the same as the first 3 quarters against UCONN. Gotta take shots down field and let your receivers do worl

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Just win, baby!

(for the record, I voted for Eveld, not because I think he's better or BJ is worse - I just think that Eveld will start due to Holtz's comments)

• Content Count:  1,985

Just win, baby!

(for the record, I voted for Eveld, not because I think he's better or BJ is worse - I just think that Eveld will start due to Holtz's comments)

"That's why I am here"

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Eveld starts= offensive play opens up with non predictable play

BJ starts= predictable plays and stagnant offense

Both play=  opens it wide REAL wide with Clemson not knowing what the heck to do defensively.

I just hope WE do!!!

You and me both... playing both is our best chance at not just winning, but also rolling to a win against a BCS team. I say Eveld gets the nod and then BJD will do a few surprise apperances throughout the game for some trick plays IF his legs are healthy. If BJ is down then HCSH should work in some surprise pass plays from Landi.

This game plan makes the best sense... if we don't do a dual QB setup I will be pissed, especially if we lose.

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

BJ Daniels is not a good quaterback :nope

Cause he has shown no improvement from game 3 to game 10  ::)

Hes almost 3 years removed from High School and his decision making is still awful. (See 2 minute drill vs. Pitt)

Which awful decision did HE make in that drill?

(3rd and 4, ball on USF 43, 0:26 to play - Daniels runs up the middle for 5 yards.)

Why? Why? Why? PASS THE BALL BJ!

(1st and 10, ball on USF 48, 0:16 to play - Daniels midfield dumpoff to Faron Hornes for -2 yards. TIMEOUT USF at 0:07.)

Do I really have to explain why this was a dumb decision?

(2nd and 12, ball on USF 46, 0:07 to play - Daniels pass intercepted by Antuwan Reed at the 9yd line)

Ok maybe this one was inevitable but you've got to try and throw it in the end zone. Not 10yds before it. This is probably more a matter of arm strength but you get the picture.

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

The funniest part about all of this is people claiming that Eveld is obviously the better passer when BJD and Eveld have virtually the same completion % this year (bj daniels is actually .4 higher),  and that's with Eveld taking virtually no shots down the field in against UCONN. The passing numbers are VERY similar but BJ gives you the running dimention that Eveld lacks.  Eveld ran a very limited playbook against UConn where we ran maybe a total of 10 plays and took virtually no shots deep against UCONN.  I just don't see the savior that some see in Eveld.

Do those stats include all of the smart incompletions Eveld has from throwing the ball away into the stands when he is in trouble vs. BJ throwing the ball high in the air into the middle of the defense when he is in trouble?

Do those stats account for BJ throwing most of his INTs right to defenders where at least Eveld had a few of his balls batted up in the air before they were picked.

Who ever stated that BJ takes advantage of broken down plays missed the fact that he has to....he doesnt make reads and the plays break down around the kid.

Eveld isnt the greatest QB in the world and there are probably some high school kids that are better than he is right now BUT he is better than BJ at being a QB who can lead an offense and run it the way the coach intends it to be run.

We might have lost at UCONN with Eveld but we did not lose because of Eveld.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

What surprises me is how many people are actually voting for BJD to be the starter.. the kid cannot pass.  there is a reason Holtz is limiting his Passing Attempts, while he feels completely comfortable with a true/walk on freshman QB throwing passes (see BJD vs. Eveld's pass attempts/game.. huge difference).

Just watching the game it is apparent coaching staff has much more confidence in Eveld's decision making than BJs.  No way we through the ball late in first half against UCONN if BJ was in there.  Eveld has a ball tipped and returned for a TD and on the next play we let him throw it again.  If BJ was in that would have been run, run, run!

I think BJ certainly has more natural talent, but Eveld may well give us the best chance to win.

Archived