• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ "will" be 100% by game time. So, straight-up....

Who starts against Clemson?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

bj will start i bet

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

True freshman Matt Floyd will be the starter next season. Or Teddy Brigdewater, hopefully.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

I don't think Eveld is the second coming of Dan Marino, but, he looks way more comfortable in the pocket, and has shown a pretty good ability for reading defenses and making throws in tough situations.

By the way, the bad throw he made, he came back and completed that same route 2-3 times after that one. When was the last time you recall the coaching staff calling pass plays for BJ over the middle of the field? That tells you who they have more confidence in.

I think the problem is that when people think "Bobby Eveld" they think 'walk-on' and when they think "BJ Daniels" they think '4-star recruit'..

people don't notice the performance on the field and decisions.

If Bobby's performance and decisions are THAT much better, why doesn't it show in the stats .... and please don't cop out with the "stats are for losers" ********.

The guy who knows more football than anyone on this message board (including YOU) has come out and said Bobby is our starter

South Florida coach Skip Holtz said Bobby Eveld is the starting quarterback for the Meineke Car Care Bowl. B.J. Daniels is still healing from the quadriceps injury that forced him to miss the season finale against UConn. If Daniels is fully healed by the Dec. 31 bowl, he may be able to play. But for now the Bulls are preparing as if Eveld is the starter. And given the promise he's shown, that sounds like a good idea. Both quarterbacks could have trouble against Da'Quan Bowers and Clemson's fierce defense.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/16040/monday-morning-musings

I don't see what the argument is.  BJ Daniels is no longer the starter.

This was addressed earlier in this thread. Nothing has changed since Skip said BE was the anticipated starter due to BJ not being 100%. He may be the starter but it's not written in stone at this point and I'll trust the staff to start whoever gives us the best chance to win ... and unlike you if it's BJ, I won't whine like a little girl if it's Bobby.

If you are so confident that he will eventually be starter, would you be willing to bet that he will be the starter for the first game of 2011-2012?  Because i'm willing to bet that he won't.

Where did I say I was confident he will eventually be the starter? What I've said is that, IMO, we have a better chance in THIS game with an 100% healthy BJ ... which has absolutely nothing to do with whether BJ starts the first game next season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

I hope we get better QB's next year too.. but I hope you realize that sometimes QB's get better over the offseason and the better QB's actually come from within.

BJ Daniels will no longer start for the USF Bulls.  If someone else is named starter next year, I will BUMP this thread back up to the top to show you all the craziness in what you guys were thinking.  I remember a guy who couldn't pass worth a lick named Pat Julmiste and people defended him and his starting abilities until they were blue in the face-- then this guy named Matt Grothe came in and people forgot about Julmiste REAL quick.. even forgetting how they defended him for being "the best option" we had.  ha.

When you bump it next year, please make sure you quote the posts on THIS thread that have penciled in BJ as the starter next year. What you seem to have a hard time grasping is that the discussion on THIS thread is about the bowl game ...

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I think BJ certainly has more natural talent, but Eveld may well give us the best chance to win.

This is the entire situation in one sentence.  Eveld will start and play most if not all of the game, IMO.  BJ will appear in wildcat and specialty packages.  Just my guess.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I hope we get better QB's next year too.. but I hope you realize that sometimes QB's get better over the offseason and the better QB's actually come from within.

BJ Daniels will no longer start for the USF Bulls.  If someone else is named starter next year, I will BUMP this thread back up to the top to show you all the craziness in what you guys were thinking.  I remember a guy who couldn't pass worth a lick named Pat Julmiste and people defended him and his starting abilities until they were blue in the face-- then this guy named Matt Grothe came in and people forgot about Julmiste REAL quick.. even forgetting how they defended him for being "the best option" we had.  ha.

When you bump it next year, please make sure you quote the posts on THIS thread that have penciled in BJ as the starter next year. What you seem to have a hard time grasping is that the discussion on THIS thread is about the bowl game ...

Pretty much, an open competition in the spring is what needs to take place.  Nether QB has consistently played at a high level this season.  When we are arguing over which guy completing sub 55% of his passes should start that means the QB spot is in a very bad place.........

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

The QB position for the Bulls haven't been great since M. Blackwell last two seasons. Matt Grothe had great moments in his three seasons. Then he had those "WHAT THE HELL?" moments. We as Bulls fans have been fustrated with the QB position for years. When will they get it right.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Pretty much, an open competition in the spring is what needs to take place.  Nether QB has consistently played at a high level this season.  When we are arguing over which guy completing sub 55% of his passes should start that means the QB spot is in a very bad place.........

This

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Eveld shows promise in the pass game, and has the POTENTIAL to be starter for us, but in all reality there is really not enough to say whether or not he is a better overall quarterback than BJ.

Bobby certainly gave us a chance to be competitive vs. UConn, and helped us win the Miami game... but he was far from a world-beater in either game.

start Bobby vs. Miami and we may not have won. the foundation of the Miami win was set up by our run game in the first half, which Bobby had nothing to do with. despite BJ's pedestrian performance in that game, his threat as a runner undoubtedly opened up plays in the playbook that allowed us to build an early lead.  likewise, being COMPETITIVE [as opposed to winning] against a mediocre UConn team is no great feat to add to the resume. neither were the three picks, one of which came right before the half and was returned for--- something we've all lamented from BJ going back to the Gator game.

as far as Clemson, the fact that they have a beastly pass rush leads me to believe we should stick with the more elusive quarterback. BJ has the potential to get out of situations that Eveld has never even been in, not to mention the fact that Eveld's elusiveness is nowhere near the capacity of BJ.

not gonna speak on next year, cuz i'd like to see a wide open comp. between BJ, Bobby and the new recruits, but as far as Clemson i'd go with BJ if healthy... his resume speaks louder than Bobby's, which amounts to essentially one quality drive against Miami and a loss against a very beatable UConn.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

to be completely honest... i hope that BJ plays the bowl game... dominates... gets more comfortable with the playbook... and becomes the superstar we all thought he'd be.

Archived