• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ "will" be 100% by game time. So, straight-up....

Who starts against Clemson?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

the BJD era is over at USF.  he will be nothing more than a wildcat package QB.  Eveld gets the start, with BJ definitely seeing some action here and there.. next year, open competition for the "traditional" QB's, with BJ still playing the role of the wildcat QB

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

If BJD is truly healthy, he will start.

I think Eveld sees action from about halfway through the third quarter, since we're going to be up 57-14 by then.

>:D

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

BJ is the starting QB... and will be for the bowl game.

Some people may not like it, but that is reality.

Maybe Skip opens up a competition in the Spring... but don't expect Eveld to start the bowl game.

I tend to think that as well, but after hearing Holtz comments I am not so certain.  He was asked who starts if BJ is healthy - that seems like an easy answer - "BJ is our starter and if he is healthy he will go".  But Holtz kind of sidestepped it - said he was focused on getting both QBs healthy and he'd cross that bridge when he got there.  Maybe he was just trying to get a bit of a fire under BJ, but it wasn't the answer I had expected.

I think no matter who starts, likely both will see the field.  They just force an opposing D to prepare for two almost completely different teams.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Start BJ, play both an equal # of series to begin with, then go with whoever has the hot hand.  I could live with either of them starting though. 

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Traditional QB? What is this thing you speak of? Like most all of us, we all want a good QB to run this team. I prefer a dual threat QB. BJ haven't been that dual threat we been looking for. He had one complete game as an dual threat that I can remember. That was against Louisville last season. And Ryan Mallett, and John Brantley has gotten far with being "TRADITIONAL QB".

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

BJ Daniels is not a good quaterback :nope

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

The fact we have to ponder this ? tells you the state of the USF QB situation

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Cause he has shown no improvement from game 3 to game 10  ::)

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

BJ is the starting QB... and will be for the bowl game.

Some people may not like it, but that is reality.

Maybe Skip opens up a competition in the Spring... but don't expect Eveld to start the bowl game.

I tend to think that as well, but after hearing Holtz comments I am not so certain.  He was asked who starts if BJ is healthy - that seems like an easy answer - "BJ is our starter and if he is healthy he will go".  But Holtz kind of sidestepped it - said he was focused on getting both QBs healthy and he'd cross that bridge when he got there.  Maybe he was just trying to get a bit of a fire under BJ, but it wasn't the answer I had expected.

I think no matter who starts, likely both will see the field.  They just force an opposing D to prepare for two almost completely different teams.

He said this so that he has an excuse to not start BJ.. the idea of starting a non-scholarship QB over an alleged 4-star recruit QB sickens fans, but these evaluations are too hard to predict.  look at the NFL, they have a hard time predicting how college kids will translate to the pro game, why would predicting high school kids to the college level be any easier?

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Cause he has shown no improvement from game 3 to game 10  ::)

Hes almost 3 years removed from High School and his decision making is still awful. (See 2 minute drill vs. Pitt)

Eveld in the other hand led an 81 yd drive to tie Miami and almost led a winning drive against UCONN if it wasn't for 2 questionable fade route calls by the coaches.

But yeah its just my opinion.

Archived