• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eh? Skip hates it at USF?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

UNC is a much better job then USF but why would UNC reach down to get Skip Holtz anyway? The Heels would go after a bigger name with money not being much of a factor. No doubt Holtz would seriously listen IF UNC came calling, but that would only happen if they missed out on a bunch of other names. Skip has to build a better resume at USF first before he moves up and hopefully for him that happens. He has a burning desire to win a NC one day and he'll only get that opportunity somewhere else.

>:( glad to see your a fan of the program

That shouldn't suprise you... Vega's never been a fan of USF football... his entire world revolves around basketball....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

College basketball...wake me up in March when it really starts.

UNC is a much better job then USF but why would UNC reach down to get Skip Holtz anyway? The Heels would go after a bigger name with money not being much of a factor. No doubt Holtz would seriously listen IF UNC came calling, but that would only happen if they missed out on a bunch of other names. Skip has to build a better resume at USF first before he moves up and hopefully for him that happens. He has a burning desire to win a NC one day and he'll only get that opportunity somewhere else.

That shouldn't suprise you... Vega's never been a fan of USF football... his entire world revolves around basketball....

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

it doesn't....still annoys the heck out of me.  :P

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Yes CBB is my fav but I'm very much into NFL, CFB, MLB, and the NBA probably in that order too. I really don't have a favorite team in CFB to root for so I adopt a team every year or two to follow. I love great players and offenses. Right now I'm an Auburn Tigers fan because of Cam Newton. I follow USF FB enough to know what's going on and I do like Skip Holtz.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Yes CBB is my fav but I'm very much into NFL, CFB, MLB, and the NBA probably in that order too. I really don't have a favorite team in CFB to root for so I adopt a team every year or two to follow. I love great players and offenses. Right now I'm an Auburn Tigers fan because of Cam Newton. I follow USF FB enough to know what's going on and I do like Skip Holtz.

so you're basically a fan of the #1 team in the country. must be nice to have your "favorite" team win a NC every year.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

So why don't you have this approach for college bball?

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Both press conferences this week Skip was all smiles and couldn't be prouder of his team. I find that very hard to believe and see no truth in it. This is his team and he is already doing a heck of a job.

The only thing he is probably disappointed about is the smaller fan base than ECU who sold out every game etc.

But it will all come in time.

Tampa is a nice city with a much larger social atmosphere with lots more to do than in Greenville.  Curious, what was or is the sold out attendance at ECU?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

Both press conferences this week Skip was all smiles and couldn't be prouder of his team. I find that very hard to believe and see no truth in it. This is his team and he is already doing a heck of a job.

The only thing he is probably disappointed about is the smaller fan base than ECU who sold out every game etc.

But it will all come in time.

Tampa is a nice city with a much larger social atmosphere with lots more to do than in Greenville.  Curious, what was or is the sold out attendance at ECU?

http://www.ecupirates.com/facilities/ecu-facilities-dowdy.html

Guest nybullsfan

Vega, I love reading your stuff on BB, but you should really stay off the FB threads with these kinds of comments.

Go post on the Auburn FB boards or something.

Guest nybullsfan

ECU is just mad that everything Holtz built up at ECU is fading away slowly like a family member in one of Marty McFlys photograph  :)

This is why ECU isn't a BE candidate. Without Holtz, they quickly fade back into irrelevance.

Archived