• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eh? Skip hates it at USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

In my opinion, the regular season is a physical and mental grind for coaches.  When you factor in the fact Skip was asked to work his rear end off going around the area to promote the program and to also build recruiting relationships, he has to be exhausted like never before.  Throw in the toll that moving has on teenagers and spouses (he has somewhere to go all day, but do they?) and I'm sure Skip wonders if he will be happy at USF.

If I were AD, I'd sit with Skip at the end of the season and thank him for operating pretty much an entire year in "crisis mode" and then work with him to see if assistants could work the banquet circuit while he dials things back to program management and recruiting. . . . . . . . and getting his family set-up.

For me, the only thing more stressful than moving was moving when I had a family.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

skip like leavitt will never leave usf

he will be asked to go if anything

usf is a great job

• Content Count:  3,749

In my opinion, the regular season is a physical and mental grind for coaches.  When you factor in the fact Skip was asked to work his rear end off going around the area to promote the program and to also build recruiting relationships, he has to be exhausted like never before.  Throw in the toll that moving has on teenagers and spouses (he has somewhere to go all day, but do they?) and I'm sure Skip wonders if he will be happy at USF.

If I were AD, I'd sit with Skip at the end of the season and thank him for operating pretty much an entire year in "crisis mode" and then work with him to see if assistants could work the banquet circuit while he dials things back to program management and recruiting. . . . . . . . and getting his family set-up.

For me, the only thing more stressful than moving was moving when I had a family.

I agree, this is probably his most active year since his first at ECU and even then he didn't have to deal with the damage done with the departure of our previous coach at ECU. The guy has worked around the clock since he was introduced as the head coach. He could really use the offseason to recoup, hopefully after a bowl win.

Guest nybullsfan

usf is a great job

For the most part I agree. I do think he would jump for a chance at ND, but in his calculus prolly not many other places are better than USF.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Vega, I love reading your stuff on BB, but you should really stay off the FB threads with these kinds of comments.

Go post on the Auburn FB boards or something.

I do post on their board when I have the time. Thinking about joining the Ducks Board too. Oregon has replaced USC as my Pac-10 team to watch.

Wow, Oregon you are really going out on a limb...  Did you wait for them to become #1 or were you bold and  jump on that bandwagon when they were say... #2

It must be great to have so little invested.

See this is what makes college sports so much better than professional.  Everyone of us has some investment in South Florida...

either we went there or going there, or gets us laid b/c our significant other went there...

it is awesome.

Well Oregon might only be temporally because I really was an USC fan because of Pete Carroll. My love for USF is based on having family and/or friends that either attended or are currently attending the school. I joined this board because of a friend's request to do so because of my passion for hoops. I also am in love with the Tampa area. Either there or in Orlando is a place I can see myself living in the near future.

Btw I too have had gotten laid by some Tampa area girls. :D

• Content Count:  3,749

usf is a great job

For the most part I agree. I do think he would jump for a chance at ND, but in his calculus prolly not many other places are better than USF.

I don't see why he would unless forced out. Your making close to 2 mill a year in a BCS conference located in beautiful Florida with the beach 10 minutes away. If he coaches here for 15 years he can retire and ride off into the sunset along Clearwater beach and be set for retirement financial wise.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

I don't see why he would unless forced out. Your making close to 2 mill a year in a BCS conference located in beautiful Florida with the beach 10 minutes away.

I agree with the point you are making, but what beach is 10 minutes away - Adventure Island?

Guest nybullsfan

I don't see why he would unless forced out. Your making close to 2 mill a year in a BCS conference located in beautiful Florida with the beach 10 minutes away.

I agree with the point you are making, but what beach is 10 minutes away - Adventure Island?

Is Ben T. Davis still there? Now, THAT's a great beach.  LOL!

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

I really don't think Skip will leave.  I think even he realizes the opportunities this program has, and I don't think leaving for Notre Dame would be an option.  I think he likes the idea of not going far for most of his recruiting, and the lower academic standards that USF has allowing anyone in.

This isn't a stepping stone like Louisville was to Petrino, Cincy was to Kelly, etc.  I'm not saying we are Texas, USC, or Florida, but I think we have all the ingredients a coach would like to have in order to get there.

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

you guys are missing the strongest reason Skip will remain at USF:  the Grandma factor; one an hour east, one an hour south

Archived