• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eh? Skip hates it at USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Tampa is a nice city with a much larger social atmosphere with lots more to do than in Greenville.  Curious, what was or is the sold out attendance at ECU?

Wrong. 51,000 with last summer's renovations complete. I think Skip was expecting the <50k avg attendance of the last three years when he inked the deal. In that respect, yes, our crowds have been disappointing.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Ever notice that when there's a "C" in the middle of a schools initials they whine like a bunch of kindergarten school girls?

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I think this is a bunch of anonymous, unprovable hearsay originating from a person with an obvious agenda and isn't worth this much speculation.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Ever notice that when there's a "C" in the middle of a schools initials they whine like a bunch of kindergarten school girls?

Sir, as a father who had two daughters go through kindergarten, I take umbrage with this remark. :D;):D

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

UNC is a much better job then USF but why would UNC reach down to get Skip Holtz anyway? The Heels would go after a bigger name with money not being much of a factor. No doubt Holtz would seriously listen IF UNC came calling, but that would only happen if they missed out on a bunch of other names. Skip has to build a better resume at USF first before he moves up and hopefully for him that happens. He has a burning desire to win a NC one day and he'll only get that opportunity somewhere else.

>:( glad to see your a fan of the program

That shouldn't suprise you... Vega's never been a fan of USF football... his entire world revolves around basketball....

Yes CBB is my fav but I'm very much into NFL, CFB, MLB, and the NBA probably in that order too. I really don't have a favorite team in CFB to root for so I adopt a team every year or two to follow. I love great players and offenses. Right now I'm an Auburn Tigers fan because of Cam Newton. I follow USF FB enough to know what's going on and I do like Skip Holtz.

so you're basically a fan of the #1 team in the country. must be nice to have your "favorite" team win a NC every year.

For sure. He just admitted he's a bandwagon fan.

Guest nybullsfan

I think this is a bunch of anonymous, unprovable hearsay originating from a person with an obvious agenda and isn't worth this much speculation.

And how does that differ from 99% of the other posts on this board??  >:D

Sir, as a father who had two daughters go through kindergarten, I take umbrage with this remark. :D;):D

Now, THAT's funny!

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Tampa is a nice city with a much larger social atmosphere with lots more to do than in Greenville.  Curious, what was or is the sold out attendance at ECU?

Wrong. 51,000 with last summer's renovations complete. I think Skip was expecting the <50k avg attendance of the last three years when he inked the deal. In that respect, yes, our crowds have been disappointing.

USF can pack the house when the games are of quality and the time slot is good. Wednesday night is not a good day for football anywhere! If we can't draw 45k for Pitt then i will be upset.

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

RayJay is just a bit too big for USF right now.  With a 50K stadium we sell 5-10K moreseason tix and sellout every game.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

RayJay is just a bit too big for USF right now.  With a 50K stadium we sell 5-10K moreseason tix and sellout every game.

They really need to concentrate on selling out the lower bowl before the upper deck gets opened up.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Lou Holtz was not complimentary towards USF during his in-game interview.  Said at ECU Skip coached in front of packed houses every night implying that it was different at USF. 

Archived