• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eh? Skip hates it at USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

ECU is just mad that everything Holtz built up at ECU is fading away slowly like a family member in one of Marty McFlys photograph  :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

I think that the question should be asked of Skip Holtz.  Will Greg Auman ask the question or should we leave that to Brett McMurphy?

I doubt Greg embarrasses himself by asking Holtz a question based on message board drivel.

Settle down now, I was being sarcastic so maybe I should have added one of these  ;)

Probably.  Sometime it's hard to tell in this neighborhood.  :)

• Content Count:  5,982

UNC is a much better job then USF but why would UNC reach down to get Skip Holtz anyway? The Heels would go after a bigger name with money not being much of a factor. No doubt Holtz would seriously listen IF UNC came calling, but that would only happen if they missed out on a bunch of other names. Skip has to build a better resume at USF first before he moves up and hopefully for him that happens. He has a burning desire to win a NC one day and he'll only get that opportunity somewhere else.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

UNC is a much better job then USF but why would UNC reach down to get Skip Holtz anyway? The Heels would go after a bigger name with money not being much of a factor. No doubt Holtz would seriously listen IF UNC came calling, but that would only happen if they missed out on a bunch of other names. Skip has to build a better resume at USF first before he moves up and hopefully for him that happens. He has a burning desire to win a NC one day and he'll only get that opportunity somewhere else.

>:( glad to see your a fan of the program

• Content Count:  4,078

While the issue had nothing to do with UNC, only the ECU fans drumming up crapola I will bite....  The fact that most think that UNC is a better job, better name brand, and can offer better pay, makes those two *** kickings we gave them even more enjoyable. I think a lot of our fans do not realize what a feat that was since UNC is not UF, FSU, or Miami.  Their recruiting classes are usually thought to be one of the best.

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

They've been really upset since last weekend, UCF beats them and you add that the expansion rumors where ECU isn't mentioned and they've been flaming UCF all over every national board. A lot of bitterness in that fanbase and can't accept that their location is their roadblock. Location matters when you are not the Flagship University of your State. Lou Holtz did mention when interviewed during your ESPN2 game that "skip had great fan support but he wanted to coach in a BCS league so I'm happy for him".

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I am sure Skip and his family miss North Carolina.  He lived there a while and the kids grew up there so it makes sense.  However, that does not mean he does not like it here or wants to go elsewhere.

In any case, Skip was hired to do a job.  I have no expectations that Skip is here forever, the only guy I expected that from is gone.  He gets paid handsomely for it.  Just get it done.

• Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Am I the only one who saw Skip Holtz holding that "USF Sucks!" poster, written in Rutgers red, during the game Wednesday night?

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I would imagine the move has been difficult on the family. Trey is in HS and already has seen a little bit of trouble. Plus at ECU everything was set....he had been there a while.....Skip just had to show up each day.

Here lots of adjustments had to be made.....lots of expectations....he came in during an ugly situation.....not the same fan support....not his players....I could see where there would be some frustration or disappointment there but that is like any new job.

He is obviously improving things so from his standpoint....it probably couldn't get any worse than it will be during his 1st season. Also, it's almost been a year now since they left NC.....if they went back I think he would be suprised how much has changed already. Rarely do you go back home and everything is the same.

Archived