• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pull BJ now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

According to CSH, BJ does great in practice. Kind of reminds me of old kicker Mike Benzer, Eric Schwartz, he practiced well and stunk up the field on gameday. .aybe someone else-Eveld, Gunsby, or Eppes should get a try

Fixed

Sorry but i am talking about Mike Benzer the scholarship kicker who was replaced by a walk on who then went to North Texas? and Benzer left too.

I knew that.  I was just pointing out another kicker than obviously does well in practice but has not seen it translate to success on the field - this year at least.

Point well taken/

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I know Eveld chose to walk-on here, but who did he get offers from. Major, mid-major, scrubs. What does the rest of the football world think of this kid. I keep hearing how awesome he is. What and where is the proof.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I know Eveld chose to walk-on here, but who did he get offers from. Major, mid-major, scrubs. What does the rest of the football world think of this kid. I keep hearing how awesome he is. What and where is the proof.

not sure if he got any offers but the kid had

1999 yards passing

19 TDs

6 picks

55% completion rate

27 yards rushing (.51 yards per carry)

Last year in 2A HIGH SCHOOL.

BJ Daniels stats last year in BCS college football

1983 yards passing

23 TDs (9 rushing)

9 picks

54% completion rate

772 yards rushing (4.4 yards per carry)

the backup is always the most popular player on the team. Not sure why anybody thinks a guy that put up these stats(not even as impressive as bj daniels BCS football stats last year) in high school last year will do better than a kid that is a red shirt sophomore and beat FSU last year.

If the young QB is so frail that he can't mentally deal with some wolves, he's not the future anyway, you learn that early and start over next year with open competition.

We just lost to Syracuse. What are our chances of winning with BJ? I think "best chance to win" is semantics at this point if BJ doesn't improve drastically. I'd give him most of the WVU game, go 2 QBs at Cincy, then you have an extra few days to prepare him to be the starter for the RU game at home. (all of this is assuming BJ doesn't improve a lot on Thursday).

I couldn't disagree more. you think a kid that's been on campus for 2 months should be given the starting job with little to no knowledge of the system and almost no coaching at the college level. it would be a joke how bad this team would be.

when coaches give up on a season, the players aren't very far behind.

First, I'd like to point out that, the plan laid out would give BJ 2 more chances to prove that he can lead this team.

Now, I'd like to counter with 2 points...

1. One could argue that, by continuing to beat your head against a wall with a QB that isn't getting it done, presumably so that you can save a redshirt, is more of a sign of giving up on the season than making a change to try and create a spark. If the coach continues to allow his QB to play like BJ did on Saturday with no correction, I would have a hard time giving the coach and the QB all I have if I were on the team.

2. We just lost to freaking SYRACUSE...AT HOME...we scored THREE points on offense.

...point number 2 should be all you need.

we lost that game because our coaches called 27 pass plays in a game that we led or were tied for 53 minutes. anybody who thinks our best chance to win is to throw the ball needs to have their head examined.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

That's misleading 94.

We attempted 23 Passes.

6 after going down in the 4th

Prior to that we ran the ball 34 times while passing the ball 17.

We focused on the run they just stopped it.

We were forced to pass.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

If we called 10 runs and 4 of them should have been touchdowns, but plancher tripped over his feet twice and fumbled the ball away twice, would that be the coaches fault for calling run, when the run was there for a td, but the player not executing?

If the plays weren't there, I'd agree with you, but if BJ throws to a wide open Landi vs a covered Bogan on the first series, we win. Simple as that. The issue wasn't play calling, it was execution by the QB.

That's misleading 94.

We attempted 23 Passes.

6 after going down in the 4th

Prior to that we ran the ball 34 times while passing the ball 17.

We focused on the run they just stopped it.

We were forced to pass.

he was sacked 4 times. I assume those are called pass plays. not too mention BJ probably had a positive run or two that were actually called pass plays.

9 of those pass plays were called on first downs. we are not a pass first offense.

4 of those were called inside the syracuse 40 yard line when a defense tightens up.

2 were incomplete(putting our offense in a hole), 1 was a sack leading to a missed FG and one was picked.

we also threw another pick inside their 15 yard line. that's 2 picks in scoring territory.

If we called 10 runs and 4 of them should have been touchdowns, but plancher tripped over his feet twice and fumbled the ball away twice, would that be the coaches fault for calling run, when the run was there for a td, but the player not executing?

If the plays weren't there, I'd agree with you, but if BJ throws to a wide open Landi vs a covered Bogan on the first series, we win. Simple as that. The issue wasn't play calling, it was execution by the QB.

running gives us the best chance of winning. we need to win ugly field position games. if we do all we can to win and still lose then i'm satisfied.

Our qb is not known for his accuracy, would you agree? The OC called 2 pass plays inside syracuse 30 yard line that were both picked. call running plays and we could kick 2 FGs to win.

having BJ pass the ball 27 times is like asking peyton manning to run the read option. it's dumb. it's not his strength. we all know that.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

They were stacking the box.  The passes were there.  BJ, a QB*, couldn't make the reads.

*  Part of a QB's job in modern football is to pass the ball.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

running gives us the best chance of winning. we need to win ugly field position games. if we do all we can to win and still lose then i'm satisfied.

Our qb is not known for his accuracy, would you agree? The OC called 2 pass plays inside syracuse 30 yard line that were both picked. call running plays and we could kick 2 FGs to win.

Yeah I think USF needs to pass only enough to keep defenses from totally stacking up against the run. The number of passes you have to throw to keep defenses honest is probably less than 27. I think they threw too much. But I'm really posting to say...

having BJ pass the ball 27 times is like asking peyton manning to run the read option. it's dumb. it's not his strength. we all know that.

... I would LOVE to see Peyton Manning run a read option. What a hilarious visual.

Archived