• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pull BJ now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  90
  • Days Won:  0

7 or 8 guys marking the qb and rbs??? Whos got the receivers????

Do you know football? You rush 3-4 and keep 7-8 out marking the QB and RBs. It's the option defense and the reason so many schools run. 3-3-5 against schools with a prominent run game...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  90

far from buddy, far from

??? :lolnew :lolnew :lolnew :lolnew :lolnew

Thread should read, Get BJ Some Talented WRs Now.

So nice to see one of the Grothe's join us!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I don't think we should read too much into the "My bad" Skip offered up in the post game.  BJ is/will be getting a lot of heat for that INT in particular so he's trying to deflect.  It's what a coach is supposed to do.  It's not like he's gonna come out and say "Yeah, BJ really screwed the pooch on that one."  It sucks.  Our Bulls went down in a big game on TV. This will eventually all be fine (depending on your definitions of "fine" and "eventually" I guess).  The sun will (probably) rise tomorrow.

If it wasn't such a blatantly stupid decision i would roll with you on this but i think CSH is just being honest here.  What evidence is there that this offense was going to get into scoring position from our own 10 with 50 second's left?  I think CSH got a little too cute there and hes just owning up to it.  As bad as the throw was he should have never been put in that situation in the first place, especially when we are just down 1 score. 

Blatantly stupid is harsh.  50 seconds and 2 timeouts.  Call a couple of safe plays to see if you can break something and get into field goal range.  A throw to the sideline is supposed to be a safe play.  Either your guy catches it or no one does.  It was a bad throw.  You can go either way on this.  Try to take some momentum into the half or play it safe and try to tie it up on the opening possession.  If the call is different we aren't talking about this.  If the throw is better we aren't talking about this.  Flip a coin and blame who you will.

I dunno maybe im just conservative but i just don't think our offense has shown anything between last week and the first 29mins 10seconds of the half to lead me to believe we should be doing anything but running the clock at that point.  

• Content Count:  1,027

I don't think we should read too much into the "My bad" Skip offered up in the post game.  BJ is/will be getting a lot of heat for that INT in particular so he's trying to deflect.  It's what a coach is supposed to do.  It's not like he's gonna come out and say "Yeah, BJ really screwed the pooch on that one."  It sucks.  Our Bulls went down in a big game on TV. This will eventually all be fine (depending on your definitions of "fine" and "eventually" I guess).  The sun will (probably) rise tomorrow.

If it wasn't such a blatantly stupid decision i would roll with you on this but i think CSH is just being honest here.  What evidence is there that this offense was going to get into scoring position from our own 10 with 50 second's left?  I think CSH got a little too cute there and hes just owning up to it.  As bad as the throw was he should have never been put in that situation in the first place, especially when we are just down 1 score. 

Blatantly stupid is harsh.  50 seconds and 2 timeouts.  Call a couple of safe plays to see if you can break something and get into field goal range.  A throw to the sideline is supposed to be a safe play.  Either your guy catches it or no one does.  It was a bad throw.  You can go either way on this.  Try to take some momentum into the half or play it safe and try to tie it up on the opening possession.  If the call is different we aren't talking about this.  If the throw is better we aren't talking about this.  Flip a coin and blame who you will.

I dunno maybe im just conservative but i just don't think our offense has shown anything between last week and the first 29mins 10seconds of the half to lead me to believe we should be doing anything but running the clock at that point.  

Two sides to the coin.  Based on that same lack of production I have to roll the dice looking for a spark. Not a "screw it, let's put in the walk-on freshman" type of dice roll mind you.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

You know how good Mike Williams is doing for the Bucs? Set records at Syracuse, a crap team now, but they were a former top team. He didn't have much support at all over there, yet he has been compared to a mulit pro bowl WR from there, Art Monk. A great receiver does things to help his QB look good. I don't see that happening. And BJ is not reading the field well either. Get some above average WRs out there and they can make an average QB look better. And don't expect any miracles overnight. It took Skip a couple of years to ECU where he wanted it to be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Monk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Williams_(wide_receiver_b._1987)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

The only way it's not blatantly stupid is if WVU had ALL their timeouts left ...

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

qb by committee might be a good idea, would give BJ a chance to see the game from a distance

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I don't think we should read too much into the "My bad" Skip offered up in the post game.  BJ is/will be getting a lot of heat for that INT in particular so he's trying to deflect.  It's what a coach is supposed to do.  It's not like he's gonna come out and say "Yeah, BJ really screwed the pooch on that one."  It *****.  Our Bulls went down in a big game on TV. This will eventually all be fine (depending on your definitions of "fine" and "eventually" I guess).  The sun will (probably) rise tomorrow.

The only way it's not blatantly stupid is if WVU had ALL their timeouts left ...

+1

you'd think they would have learned from the UF game. High risk; low reward.

• Content Count:  1,027

I don't think we should read too much into the "My bad" Skip offered up in the post game.  BJ is/will be getting a lot of heat for that INT in particular so he's trying to deflect.  It's what a coach is supposed to do.  It's not like he's gonna come out and say "Yeah, BJ really screwed the pooch on that one."  It *****.  Our Bulls went down in a big game on TV. This will eventually all be fine (depending on your definitions of "fine" and "eventually" I guess).  The sun will (probably) rise tomorrow.

+1

you'd think they would have learned from the UF game. High risk; low reward.

I just don't think our offense has the luxury of wasting a set of downs, and putting points on the board before half is a pretty good reward.  I understand your points and I see where your coming from.  We disagree.  Moving on. :cheers

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

You know that light hand eye coordination peripheral vision game thingy? BJ would be VERY bad at that game. Kid has tunnel vision like never before seen.

Archived