• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pull BJ now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!!!!  I trust Skip to make the right call and the fact that we haven't seen either of the two back ups should tell you a whole helluva a lot about the confidence the staff has in them.  The scary part is things could actually be WORSE than they are at the QB spot, imagine having a QB with far less mobility and the same small amount of experience behind the offensive line we have......If we had someone that the staff felt would give us a better chance of winning we would have seen them by now so fans really need to ask themselves is change just for the sake of change really that much better?  Would you feel better with Eveld or Gunsby back there and still getting the same results?  We have zero evidence that either one of them will give us anything more than what we have seen out of BJ.  Lets not forget BJ was struggling in camp too and neither of those guys could do enough to even challenge him during that time, so have they made a huge leap in practice post camp that you have some super secret source telling you that?  If not, then your expectations should be that of what reality and all evidence points to, going to them would be a downgrade at the QB spot, unless the staff is not playing the best player for some unforeseen reason.....     

Yeah and you two haven't said squat to contradict what I wrote.  We play games to win .........not just to compete.  We are losing except against the absolute dregs of CFB.  We will not win another game if BJ cannot do what he hasn't been able to do this season................pass effectively.  That has nothing to do right now with the offensive line, receivers, running backs, backup QB's, and especially the defense.

First, it was that we had horrible receivers but once they were back things would change. Now I see that the BP apologists are throwing the offensive line under the bus and even the defense.  Beautiful, one guys failure at execution becomes a new groups failure every other game.   Forget the fact that when the opposing team realizes if they load the box and blitz, that BJ is incapable of finding the mismatch or the open receiver......it's the offensive lines fault now.

Could it be worse? Sure, we could have lost against the cupcakes but is that supposed be some great consolation?  The fact that BJ has been quarterback when we've beaten these twinkies should mean what it's worth, absolutely nothing.  He's only looked good against Stony Brook and has looked terrible (sans the first quarter against UF) ever since.

Who do we throw on the sacrificial alter after WVU?  Special teams? Defense? Coaching staff?  Who's next in line?

The part you are missing is that there is no evidence to suggest any other option the team has at quarterback would perform any better. It would be one matter if Gunsby or Eveld had played exceptionally in games, but neither has seen meaningful minutes (Gunsby obviously hasn't played any at all). If you want to believe you are more qualified to judge the situation without seeing them play than Holtz is when he HAS, then more power to you. But don't expect everyone else to take your opinion as seriously as you apparently take it yourself.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

We can talk all we want here but I doubt you see any change.  BJ will start and will play.

Dozier - I love your sarcasim

I would pull BJ for a series or two during a game so he could sit and watch a little and maybe - just maybe that would help him.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

According to CSH, BJ does great in practice. Kind of reminds me of old kicker,Mike Benzer,  he practiced well and stunk up the field on gameday. .aybe someone else-Eveld, Gunsby, or Eppes should get a try

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Like I said in another thread.  I think BJ tries to do too much in game situations.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

ROI in sticking with BJ = MAYBE he suddenly becomes accurate and makes 100% better decisions and he leads us to 3 BE championships.

ROI in going with Gunsby = he comes in green and likely doesn't do any worse than BJ has shown so far. Next season, he has some game experience that he doesn't have to get next year.

Sorry folks, QB play doesn't get much worse than we've seen from BJ this year. So, you lose a year with Gunsby, I guess we will have to recruit another QB. I don't think BJ is the long term answer, so there is very little ROI in sticking with him.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

ROI in sticking with BJ = MAYBE he suddenly becomes accurate and makes 100% better decisions and he leads us to 3 BE championships.

ROI in going with Gunsby = he comes in green and likely doesn't do any worse than BJ has shown so far. Next season, he has some game experience that he doesn't have to get next year.

Sorry folks, QB play doesn't get much worse than we've seen from BJ thus year. So, you lose a year with Gunsby, I guess we will have to recruit another QB. I don't think BJ is the long term answer, so there is zero investment in sticking with him.

you throw a young qb to the wolves too early and you could damage him mentally beyond repair. I'm sure if the coaches felt he was the best chance at winning, they would put him out there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

According to CSH, BJ does great in practice. Kind of reminds me of old kicker Mike Benzer, Eric Schwartz, he practiced well and stunk up the field on gameday. .aybe someone else-Eveld, Gunsby, or Eppes should get a try

Fixed

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

If the young QB is so frail that he can't mentally deal with some wolves, he's not the future anyway, you learn that early and start over next year with open competition.

We just lost to Syracuse. What are our chances of winning with BJ? I think "best chance to win" is semantics at this point if BJ doesn't improve drastically. I'd give him most of the WVU game, go 2 QBs at Cincy, then you have an extra few days to prepare him to be the starter for the RU game at home. (all of this is assuming BJ doesn't improve a lot on Thursday).

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

If the young QB is so frail that he can't mentally deal with some wolves, he's not the future anyway, you learn that early and start over next year with open competition.

We just lost to Syracuse. What are our chances of winning with BJ? I think "best chance to win" is semantics at this point if BJ doesn't improve drastically. I'd give him most of the WVU game, go 2 QBs at Cincy, then you have an extra few days to prepare him to be the starter for the RU game at home. (all of this is assuming BJ doesn't improve a lot on Thursday).

I couldn't disagree more. you think a kid that's been on campus for 2 months should be given the starting job with little to no knowledge of the system and almost no coaching at the college level. it would be a joke how bad this team would be.

when coaches give up on a season, the players aren't very far behind.

Archived