• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Only 26,000 tickets sold so far for Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

USF will be in a good place when it has 65000 people like me who don't care who is on the opposite field cause the only think that matters is USF is playing at home.

Yeah I don't get that at all....really....you don't care who they play? So if we lined up 12 times against the local pee-wee leagues...you would go....and be happy? Just watch us beat the heck out of a bunch of 12 year olds?

If that is the case, why even play at the I-A level.....just schedule 12 1-AA teams or Division II or NAIA.

I like to support my school but I also want to be entertained and have a rooting interest in the game. I like to watch a high level of football....with schools that are relatively competative.

So do you go to all the USF women's basketball and volleyball games or to the men's golf games? I mean if all that matters is that USF is playing at home....what do you care what sport they are playing?

I'm not sure why you're questioning his statement... All over the nation there will be packed stadiums to watch FBS schools play FCS schools, and they go to see there favorite school, on opening day.  Not sure why you had to question him.  One day USF will be there and I think we all want it to come.

Beating Charleston Southern is no fun.

I'm going to say that you're in the minority with that statement.  Maybe last year the CSU game sucked because it was 3 games into the season.  But, I think just about everyone has a great time seeing USF play in there first game of the season each and every year.  As do about 20 other schools who bring in crowds of 55000 for there openers.  Not sure why you think opening games are such bores and no one should enjoy them.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

USF will be in a good place when it has 65000 people like me who don't care who is on the opposite field cause the only think that matters is USF is playing at home.

Yeah I don't get that at all....really....you don't care who they play? So if we lined up 12 times against the local pee-wee leagues...you would go....and be happy? Just watch us beat the heck out of a bunch of 12 year olds?

If that is the case, why even play at the I-A level.....just schedule 12 1-AA teams or Division II or NAIA.

I like to support my school but I also want to be entertained and have a rooting interest in the game. I like to watch a high level of football....with schools that are relatively competative.

So do you go to all the USF women's basketball and volleyball games or to the men's golf games? I mean if all that matters is that USF is playing at home....what do you care what sport they are playing?

I'm not sure why you're questioning his statement... All over the nation there will be packed stadiums to watch FBS schools play FCS schools, and they go to see there favorite school, on opening day.  Not sure why you had to question him.  One day USF will be there and I think we all want it to come.

I'm going to say that you're in the minority with that statement.  Maybe last year the CSU game sucked because it was 3 games into the season.  But, I think just about everyone has a great time seeing USF play in there first game of the season each and every year.  As do about 20 other schools who bring in crowds of 55000 for there openers.  Not sure why you think opening games are such bores and no one should enjoy them.

Has nothing to do with it being the opener. Opening the season is good....I'll watch us scrimmage against a bad team once and enjoy it....not so much the second time....third time......eh. That is what happened last year....Wofford....yeah we are playing football....CSU....this is cr#p when is it time to go to Tally?!?

We just have a too front loaded schedule this year....I love football but I cannot justify even to myself leaving the house 5 of 6 Saturdays in a row. Especially when 3 games are....yeah whatever. I figured I had to sacrifice one and I picked Stony Brook. If FAU were our home opener and Stony Brook was game 3.....I would have still probably missed Stony Brook.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

While I may get a little more excited if we are playing a Kansas, as opposed to a Stony Brook, I go to USF football games to watch USF football. Not the opponent. I go to watch USF players I've followed since they first stepped onto the practice field. I really like watching them play, not the opponents players. I go to tailgate, to take in the band, the cheerleaders, the Sun Dolls, and the entire atmosphere of game day. I go to support my school.

Call me old fashion, but I'll be there 4 hours before the game firing up the grill Saturday. Come join me for a good time and some USF football. Beats the hell out of staying home and watching the game, or watching some other school play.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Has nothing to do with it being the opener. Opening the season is good....I'll watch us scrimmage against a bad team once and enjoy it....not so much the second time....third time......eh. That is what happened last year....Wofford....yeah we are playing football....CSU....this is cr#p when is it time to go to Tally?!?

We just have a too front loaded schedule this year....I love football but I cannot justify even to myself leaving the house 5 of 6 Saturdays in a row. Especially when 3 games are....yeah whatever. I figured I had to sacrifice one and I picked Stony Brook. If FAU were our home opener and Stony Brook was game 3.....I would have still probably missed Stony Brook.

To each their own. I wait 8 months every year for the moment of watch the Bulls and all my other favorite teams play football. I live for this time of year and I could careless if its 5 cupcake teams straight my butt is in the seat and im not gonna miss a second of the action. To not show up due to the level of competition of the other team is rather pathetic as a fan. The kids and coaches have to play the game the least you or others can do is show up and validate the reason they play.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sure SB is the reason the highschool hotshots don't come here when they can go to UF and watch Miami of Ohio or Appalachin State. They could go to FSU and watch Samford or to Miami and watch FAMU.

While I agree those are probably better competition than SB, they're still percieved as  cupcakes.

True, but we are not UF, FSU, or Miami.  Combined we have 0 conference titles and 0 NC's.   Plus their conference schedule, at least UF's, will contain a lot more ranked teams than ours.  

We are building and the only way we can prove we belong, is to prove we belong.  SOS for us is critical.  Playing 1AA's is not a good idea and it does us little to no good.   I am not saying every non conf game should be a top 10 team, but certainly a decent team OOC, maybe in the top 75 in the country or so.   And at least two top 35's.

You are correct we are not UF FSU or Miami.  Wr cannot afford the $$$ it coats to bring in a good FBS or even good FCS opponent for that sixth home game.  The only alternativ to scheduling Stoner Brook would be giving up that 6th game.   Not a chance that happens.  Our school is in way over it's head with paying for a new coaching staff, a new $30 million construction project, and a lawsuit that might end up coating a

few million $$$ more.

you need to look at the actual finances. Bringing in Miami and selling 65k tickets is better than bringing in stoney brook and selling 30k even if we have to give up a home game to do it. 1 game @ 65k > 2 games @ 30k especially when you need to sell $5 tickets to get to 30k and you can sell 3 game packages on the 65k game.

a home and home will cost us less than a one and done. we sold 3 game packages for the Miami game. we can't sell more than 26K for stoney brook.

Plus, not only are most tix prices higher for say a game vs Miami...you also have the benefit of national tv.

But give USF credit...as the economy is in the tank (i.e. Tampa's measured unemployment is at 12.3%...one of the worst metro areas in the USA...with actual unemployment much higher as those that exhaust their unemployment benefits are no longer counted), USF, with help from the Tampa Tribune, is offering $5-$10 tix for the season opener...which is smart.

Right now in many circles, all entertainment (sports, movies, etc...) are battling each other in trying to grab the few available $$$$$ out there...and with 65,000 seats to fill...USF can offer tix at various prices to virtually anyone that wants to go.

Look at the pro sports teams too (Rays, Jags, Bucs, Dolphins, etc...) as they too need deals to get fans to buy tix now...and college teams like USF, Miami & FSU are now offering up single game tix deals to get fans inside the stadium (UCF has currently refused to lower single game tix lower than $25 which is a HUGE mistake on their part).

Difficult times call for for new options...and USF is doing their best to make games affordable to anyone and everyone.

Guest Sunburned

The kids and coaches have to play the game the least you or others can do is show up and validate the reason they play.

What is the reason they play??

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

To win the game

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Brown Bull, not saying what's right or wrong, but why not plan to take your family with you?

I've missed one home game while my wife and daughter have missed only half of one home game, ever.

In our section we've seen several children grow up to be huge BULLS fans.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

While I may get a little more excited if we are playing a Kansas, as opposed to a Stony Brook, I go to USF football games to watch USF football. Not the opponent. I go to watch USF players I've followed since they first stepped onto the practice field. I really like watching them play, not the opponents players. I go to tailgate, to take in the band, the cheerleaders, the Sun Dolls, and the entire atmosphere of game day. I go to support my school.

Call me old fashion, but I'll be there 4 hours before the game firing up the grill Saturday. Come join me for a good time and some USF football. Beats the hell out of staying home and watching the game, or watching some other school play.

Spot on. Call me crazy, but there's something about the ambiance and camaraderie you experience on game day, heck, and that's at a pro stadium. Whether we're playing the likes of Stony Brook or WVU, there's something to be said about that game day feeling you get by actually being there. It's going to be unbelievable when we have our own stadium on campus someday.

Archived