• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Only 26,000 tickets sold so far for Saturday

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Some of you should probably move away from Tampa for about five years and then you might appreciate the imperfect nature of college and USF Football.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

I plan to move out of Tampa next year for 4 years, is that acceptable?

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

USF will be in a good place when it has 65000 people like me who don't care who is on the opposite field cause the only think that matters is USF is playing at home.

Yeah I don't get that at all....really....you don't care who they play? So if we lined up 12 times against the local pee-wee leagues...you would go....and be happy? Just watch us beat the heck out of a bunch of 12 year olds?

If that is the case, why even play at the I-A level.....just schedule 12 1-AA teams or Division II or NAIA.

I like to support my school but I also want to be entertained and have a rooting interest in the game. I like to watch a high level of football....with schools that are relatively competative.

So do you go to all the USF women's basketball and volleyball games or to the men's golf games? I mean if all that matters is that USF is playing at home....what do you care what sport they are playing?

I'm not sure why you're questioning his statement... All over the nation there will be packed stadiums to watch FBS schools play FCS schools, and they go to see there favorite school, on opening day.  Not sure why you had to question him.  One day USF will be there and I think we all want it to come.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

No aj, 5 is the magic number.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

How then do you explain UF being sold out every game, Alabama, ND, USC, Penn State?  They sell out against EVERY opponent.  It can be done.  They do it by selling season tickets (and having waiting lists) to those that want to see their team play, not the opponents.

And I believe that if USF was in the SEC, we would sell out the stadium with season tickets, due to the great games.  RJS would be rocking every home Saturday.  I will say that even Florida has single game tickets available for Miami of Ohio, Appalachian State, and for some reason Kentucky, and that is with the first game less than a week away.  Isn't it funny how the "cupcake" games have tickets available.

Just adding one or two teams to the Big East would go a long way in clearing up the scheduling.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I'm not sure why you're questioning his statement... All over the nation there will be packed stadiums to watch FBS schools play FCS schools, and they go to see there favorite school, on opening day.  Not sure why you had to question him.  One day USF will be there and I think we all want it to come.

I don't know, I got a fair number of FSU fans from back in good ol' days.  No doubt FSU would sell that game out, but a lot of times they would give their tickets away or go unused for the weaker opponents.  Maybe not first game of the season, but a lot of fans would opt not to make the drive if the game was insignificant and likely to be uninteresting.

While the first game certainly has a bit more excitement, I doubt you'll find many teams that could sell out 6 - 7 awful games.  Not at all suggesting that is what USF has this season, just saying that the quality of opponent and the quality of the product put on the field makes a big difference - and that isn't just at USF.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

USF will be in a good place when it has 65000 people like me who don't care who is on the opposite field cause the only think that matters is USF is playing at home.

Yeah I don't get that at all....really....you don't care who they play? So if we lined up 12 times against the local pee-wee leagues...you would go....and be happy? Just watch us beat the heck out of a bunch of 12 year olds?

If that is the case, why even play at the I-A level.....just schedule 12 1-AA teams or Division II or NAIA.

I like to support my school but I also want to be entertained and have a rooting interest in the game. I like to watch a high level of football....with schools that are relatively competative.

So do you go to all the USF women's basketball and volleyball games or to the men's golf games? I mean if all that matters is that USF is playing at home....what do you care what sport they are playing?

I get being a diehard....I think I am a diehard...I also am an oldtimer in respects to USF football. Graduated in 97' (no free tickets for me).

Was a season ticket holder year 1, sat in Hoolihan, watched us beat the dog out of Kentucky Wesleyan. I have seen us beat the ever living c#ap out of Charleston Southern 4 of the 5 times we have (had tickets for the 5th game I missed). Did have a good time with friends but the game was pointless.

Beating Charleston Southern is no fun. As some of you say....that is why we don't play UCF....we are above them.....it is no fun. (I actually thouroughly enjoyed all of the wins over UCF)

But when you are a kid, in your 20's what do you care who you play....Party, get drunk.....I agree....but now that I am getting closer to 40....with a family (a 1 and 4 year old)...if I am going to be away from them....I want to enjoy it....I want to be into it. So I will probably make 2 of these 3 bad non-coference games (don't worry my tickets will get used).

I am going to the UF and UM games....I am excited about them....I think it will be a great experience....but this "I am a diehard and I will go and watch no matter what Wollard serves up to me".....I don't get that....I feel life is too short....I know we are all in different places in our lives so our perspectives change....I am sure when the kids are gone....I'll be happy to go watch whatever the AD sticks out there.  ;D

• Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

How then do you explain UF being sold out every game, Alabama, ND, USC, Penn State?  They sell out against EVERY opponent.  It can be done.  They do it by selling season tickets (and having waiting lists) to those that want to see their team play, not the opponents.

And I believe that if USF was in the SEC, we would sell out the stadium with season tickets, due to the great games.  RJS would be rocking every home Saturday.  I will say that even Florida has single game tickets available for Miami of Ohio, Appalachian State, and for some reason Kentucky, and that is with the first game less than a week away.  Isn't it funny how the "cupcake" games have tickets available.

Just adding one or two teams to the Big East would go a long way in clearing up the scheduling.

Go Bulls!

+1 and to add to that those teams have been around forever. We need to takeover Tampa, I completely hate all the gator biases in Tampa. Also there is no good sports talk radio I listen all the time and all i hear is about the sh!tty bucs, the rays or yankees. when they start talking about college football it is always uf fsu miami any other sec team then usf(and the talk is always minimal and they make us sound like a 1aa team). I cannot wait for the day when this town buys into the Bulls. Until that day though I will always have animosity towards this **** town.

sorry i am a little drunk :drinkup

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

That is a horrendous comparison. Those teams have been around for a 100 freaking years.

Really?  Here is the statement again that set you off on your rant

So what part of the statement makes what I said a horrible comparison?  The people at UF, ND, Penn State have all reached that level and USF WILL be in a good place when we have 65,000 season ticket holders who DON'T care who the opponent is.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

That is a horrendous comparison. Those teams have been around for a 100 freaking years.

Really?  Here is the statement again that set you off on your rant

So what part of the statement makes what I said a horrible comparison?  The people at UF, ND, Penn State have all reached that level and USF WILL be in a good place when we have 65,000 season ticket holders who DON'T care who the opponent is.

Makes sense to me ... I think maybe he thought you were saying we should be there NOW, which it didn't sound like you were.

Archived