• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIRE JIM LEAVITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

YOU ARE AN IDIOT... UMM, Ford played quite a bit...Leavitt set up opportunities and the offense did not execute.

Our offensive line broke down.  Simple as that.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Talk like this got the Bucs where they are now.

But the bucs were smart and realized they needed a coaching change because dungy was not getting them over the top, it's the same with leavitt

Look, we only had a top 25 recruiting class last year. Jerome Murphy just proved how 1 player can decide a game. Dropped and missed passes didn't help. If there was any coach that needs firing its the OC because repeatedly outside runs were stuffed and they kept doing it. Firing Leavitt now would be like firing Houston Nutt. Who do you think would come to Tampa and do better, you fire him, you have to replace him.

Well it's nice to see you're satisfied with the pizza bowl every year.

Is the season over? Is there no chance USF can't win the Big East? Talk like this in January, lets see what happens first ok?

• Content Count:  468

You're barking up the wrong tree. I got slammed so many times after saying CJL WAS NOT the coach that was going to take this team to a new level that I got tired of trying to defend myself. I figured others would figure it out sooner or later. Seems you did, but most of the people on here think that you're slamming USF, the students, the fans, etc. if you say that CJL isn't that great of a coach.  

No, he didn't drop passes. No, he didn't miss tackles. No, it wasn't his fault the 1st team QB got hurt, etc., etc., etc. But,  ultimately he IS responsible for the team. He repeatedly gets out-coached in games. He repeatedly fails to make game-time corrections. His teams are undisciplined in that they get penalties at the WORST possible time over & over & over again...season after season after season. And, that IS a direct reflection of a good/great coach. Why exactly was almost every play in the 2nd half a sandlot QB scramble? Where was the game plan? UC couldn't stop USF from running and the RB's were breaking some decent runs - not the 'wildcat' BS - the real running plays - and it's just not a part of the game plan any longer? Weren't down that much at the start of the 2nd half. Instead, shotgun QB scramble running around hoping for a pass completion almost every single play? I just don't get it whatsoever.

I've said it MANY times that he seems like a really great guy. Everyone at USF, in Tampa, in Florida, all alums, all students, etc. should be so grateful to him for getting the team to where it is today. HOWEVER, mark my words that USF will STAY where it is today...a team that beats teams here and there enough to make some news, but can't sustain wins when it makes the most difference. I kept wondering why the stadium wasn't full in such a big game...and then realized...others feel the same way and are still waiting for USF to be a legit contender.

• Content Count:  667

Blah Blah Blah. 5-1 (1-1) Blah Blah Blah Doom Gloom   5-1 (1-1)  Blah Blah Blah     

ITS OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you think this is all funny, huh?  you obviously havent been around to see that this has been going on ever since we've joined the big east.. the excuses of lack of talent are no longer valid.  the FSU win is nothing-- this is when the real season starts.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

I said last year that he should get 2 more years.  If we don't even get a sniff of the BE title then it is time to go searching.  2 - 5 or 3 - 4 in the BE for the next 2 years and he should go.  And I personally like the guy.  But the head coach and his staff can't get outcoached game after game, year after year.  Eventually a change has to be made.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Blah Blah Blah. 5-1 (1-1) Blah Blah Blah Doom Gloom   5-1 (1-1)  Blah Blah Blah     

ITS OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you think this is all funny, huh?  you obviously havent been around to see that this has been going on ever since we've joined the big east.. the excuses of lack of talent are no longer valid.  the FSU win is nothing-- this is when the real season starts.

Um, this is only our 5th season in the Big East. You have had to wait 5 whole seasons......and that is killing you? You know the Steelers did not win a SB under Bill Cowher until his 14th season?

Do you know how long it has been since Wisconsin has won the Big 10? They are 7th in the country in spending on NCAA athletics.

Virginia is in the top 5. Virginia?!? Al Groh?!? Yeah we have had it tough.

• Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

STUPID POST!! :furious

Last I say it wasn't Leavitt over or under throwing his receivers. Or dropping passes. Or dropping interceptions.

Face it the players dropped the ball again.  BJ looked like a red-shirt freshman tonight.  We have to come to terms to this!

Leave CJL alone and hold the player accountable

I agree that the players did perform very poorly, mostly the offense. The execution was terrible.  So many missed opportunities... too many to name. But in the 3rd quarter taking Daniels out for our 2nd string crossed my mind, especially after he had two open guys in scoring position and made a terrible un-catchable pass over the middle that was like ten feet away from the nearest receiver. Multiple times the fans were pointing to open receivers. Daniels held onto the ball too long when he should have just tucked early and gained an easy 2-5 yards rather than forcing passes on broken plays and taking sacs. What made things worse is when the receivers were open Daniels missed the target, and when Daniels was on target, the receivers dropped the ball.

I think overall though that the defense did a good job except for the dropped interceptions, one of which could have been easily returned for a TD, and not stopping the ground game in the second half though they hadn't prepared for that style of offense. Our defense held Cincy to 10 in the first half and our offense wasn't making it any easier because as soon as the defense was off the field, three plays later they were back on. Our defense game could have been the exact same and the offense had been able to keep the ball longer, move the chains, put some points up, and keep Cincy's offense off the field we could have EASILY won.

About the coaches... I was really disappointed in the play calling in the 4th quarter. It seemed as though the coaches just threw in towel and were satisfied taking a loss. We had THREE time outs and we didn't use one of them, we just let the clock run to zero. I couldn't believe it. I also tired of running the ball the first play EVERY time we took over possession, and I think we should have had a few more designed runs for Daniels. Our offense had so many chances at drives but just kept going 3 and out.

My opinion though is that the players were the reason for our loss. I think without the bad decisions and dropped passes/interceptions we could have won, despite the penalties we had, though they didn't help. And yes, I think the refs had some questionable calls, though I couldn't see the film since I was in the stands. I saw a lot of missed holding calls on Cincy that would have made a huge difference. 

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I would like to see what he can do with 4 years of BJ, if he can't get us into a bcs game then yeah I think it would be time for

a change.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

One loss.  Against a top 10 (maybe top 5 after this week) football team.  I have had my doubts about Leavitt over the years, but if you are making this call based on one game's performance it's just ill-conceived.

The guy bleeds green and gold and for that I will give him the benefit of the doubt.  Let's see how the rest of the season goes before we **** our pants crying about a coach that 10 other teams would love to get their hands on.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

my only problem with the guy is what jfcohio points out.  He does constantly get outcoached in big games vs better competition.  Some of his gametime decisions and calls are mind boggling.  Penalities, penalties, penalities and It did seem like we had no gameplan with BJ running around avoiding sacks and looking for WRS who all seem to quit on their routes after one move. 

I know its only one loss and to a top 10 team but every year its the same thing like clockwork, we win a few big games and then we just let everyone down where its most important, in conference.  Eventually we have to start putting blame on he head coach for being out performed in his occupation...coaching. 

Oh well, im nervous about every sinle conference game and I hope what I feel is about to happen wont.  I dont want to see the Magiccrap bowl again... :-\ 

Archived