• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIRE JIM LEAVITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

Let me explain something.  This is not just because they are 5-1 and lost to a top 10.  This is a culmination of years of not winning a big east championship.  

Then why did your incessant ranting not start up this year until this loss?  Only 12-0 would have been acceptable?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  724
  • Days Won:  0

Let me explain something.  This is not just because they are 5-1 and lost to a top 10.  This is a culmination of years of not winning a big east championship.  

Then why did your incessant ranting not start up this year until this loss?  Only 12-0 would have been acceptable?

Check my posts, I made a fire leavitt comment during the Wofford game.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Yes, during the game when we looked like we were struggling.  Where were you after the FSU game?

Yes, during the game when we looked like we were struggling.  Where were you after the FSU game?

I have to post after every game?

• Content Count:  282

Talk like this got the Bucs where they are now.

But the bucs were smart and realized they needed a coaching change because dungy was not getting them over the top, it's the same with leavitt

And also led them to fire Gruden because of lack of results and now stuggle at the bottom of the league.  How is that strategy working out for you?

• Content Count:  667

this has been our record against BCS opponents (including bowl games) since being in a BCS conference:

2005: 4-6

2006: 5-4

2007: 6-4

2008: 4-5

Overall: 19-19

I don't include non-BCS teams because there is an obvious talent disparity there and we SHOULD be beating those teams.. so as you see, leavitt-led bulls have been MEDIOCRE.  it's been 4 years of recruiting BCS-level talent, so we can't use that excuse anymore.

We are 5-1 and people want to fire our coach?  After a game where the players clearly let us down?  As talented as BJ is this was only his 3rd start and he certainly missed many open receivers (on passes and other cases even seeing them) and opportunities to create positive yardage if he would have just tucked it upfield instead of running east and west..  The WR's also dropped passes on key plays and the D failed to squeeze a couple of big INTs.  The players were put in a position to make plays and they didn't take advantage of the opportunities.  The penalties were certainly ugly but despite them we still had a chance to win the game.

This isn't just because of 5-1 this year.  It's a combination of the past few years of finishing with a mediocre team.  We beat 3 cupcakes and go .500 against real teams.  MEDIOCRE!!!!

Virginia Tech  MEDIOCRE!!!!   Ohio State  MEDIOCRE!!!!   Miami    MEDIOCRE!!!!     Oregon    MEDIOCRE!!!!    PSU       MEDIOCRE!!!!   Notre Dame  MEDIOCRE!!!!     Ok State    MEDIOCRE!!!!    BYU    MEDIOCRE!!!!

Do you have access to a TV or ESPN.com? Just wondering lol, because you say some stuff with nothing to back it. Like HIRE WHO? and you act like every team in the top 25 has no loses when HALF do.

You've just mentioned a bunch of schools that have been to and won national championships and/or bcs bowl games.  What does usf have?

Talk like this got the Bucs where they are now.

But the bucs were smart and realized they needed a coaching change because dungy was not getting them over the top, it's the same with leavitt

And also led them to fire Gruden because of lack of results and now stuggle at the bottom of the league.  How is that strategy working out for you?

They still have a championship, usf has nothing

• Content Count:  108

Yeah that is true those schools do boast some championships but I'm sure not many of them did it within their first 12 years of existence. In fact the competition was not as tough back then and the amount of teams was smaller. Even in this time with so much parity in college football, we have managed to do a few things faster than another other existing programs....and because USF spoiled their fans by accomplishing things faster than they should have then some people are way too overbearing and anxious for more to happen. Yeah it would be nice for them to win the Big East and win the National Championship but it is a process...setbacks happen and at some point people have to say hey man we have done a lot so far maybe I shouldn't be so impatient.

It reminds me of the Rays last year. The have an amazing season last year and then this year everyone just jumps off ship because they didn't make the playoffs in the hardest division in baseball. They couldn't be excited that they actually finished over .500 and were actually in the race for 4/5's of the season instead of completely tanking back to the gutter where they had been their whole existence.

And ever since USF upset Auburn and had some big wins everyone expects them to go on a win the Big East when we have never lost less than 3 games in the conference. If they can finish 6-1 or 5-2 in the Big East I can say hey at least they are making strides you know. And it is apparent that they are making strides in recruiting so it will show up on the field even more when that carries on. Sometimes you really just have to look at expectations and wonder if they are too high.

Also I wouldn't be so bold as to say that Leavitt will never win a Big East title here because if he does in the near future then I bet there are going to be many people remembering you and your post and might have something to say. Not saying he will....just saying you don't know he won't...you just don't think he will.

Archived