• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIRE JIM LEAVITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Listen, I'm done going back and forth on this with you.  We'll have to agree to disagree.  We'll revisit this topic later after we finish 8-4 or 9-3

Surely you aren't implying that you'll want to revisit the fire CJL stuff if we go 9-3 ....?? You cannot possibly be that big of an assclown.

by the way when you put someone under ignore button and they start a thread does it still show up?

We mods don't have luxury of being able to utilize the Ignore button so I really don't know .... Give it a test and see.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  724
  • Days Won:  0

I love all the people on here who believe they know all the things wrong and especially when it is Jim Leavitt. Apparently these guys are involved in the athletic program and know much more than we do...oh and much more than Jim Leavitt does too.

I got an idea why don't we fire Jim Leavitt and hire all these guys to do that job...kinda like a combo head coaching job. I mean they know all the things wrong with the team and apparently it is so easy to fix that just the simple firing of Jim Leavitt will fix it. It is obvious that one firing like this is a quick fix.

I'm glad we finally thought of this before USF fell off the face of the earth and dissolved into nothing. Don't worry guys it is all fixed now and we will be winning BE championships in no time....you can thank me later.

Dumb argument.  Listen, in my job, if I consistently produce mediocre results and don't improve....just stay the same...I get fired.  Once again, if you are happy and satisfied with papa johns or meineke bowl, then leavitt is the guy for you, no problem, he will bring us there year after year.

And listen, I don't know as much about the team as coaches but I do see results.  I see the same results over and over and over and I would like to see the program advance.  I guess you defenders here are satisfied with mediocrity.  Good for you, enjoy the average, you'll get far in life.

• Content Count:  108

I would also take a guess to say your job and Leavitt's are much different as well. You are probably only responsible for a certain portion of your job instead of overseeing everything and so therefore less pressure. We can't say for a fact that everything that goes wrong is all his fault...yeah he can contribute to it but you pin it on him 100%. There are many other factors that come into play. Do you think if other people in your office or wherever you work mess up that everyone should immediately look at your manager or supervisor and say oh man he has to go...we are mediocre because of him and wont ever get better...instead of thinking hey maybe its a culmination of a lot of thing and people underachieving and not just him.

Not to mention its not like Leavitt is completely failing and having terrible season..he just isn't living up to certain people lofty expectations...so therefore if someone were to go to your job and watch you work then maybe they would find things about your work habits they didn't like because it wasn't flawless. Sure you may do a serviceable job but that is not good enough...you know some of us want you to be perfect and right away.

And by the way I was being sarcastic on the previous post so you can knock it for being a stupid argument...I'm just tired of listening to people like you...not sure how you live your life but looks like its full with negativity...and for that I feel bad for you.

• Content Count:  724

I would also take a guess to say your job and Leavitt's are much different as well. You are probably only responsible for a certain portion of your job instead of overseeing everything and so therefore less pressure. We can't say for a fact that everything that goes wrong is all his fault...yeah he can contribute to it but you pin it on him 100%. There are many other factors that come into play. Do you think if other people in your office or wherever you work mess up that everyone should immediately look at your manager or supervisor and say oh man he has to go...we are mediocre because of him and wont ever get better...instead of thinking hey maybe its a culmination of a lot of thing and people underachieving and not just him.

Not to mention its not like Leavitt is completely failing and having terrible season..he just isn't living up to certain people lofty expectations...so therefore if someone were to go to your job and watch you work then maybe they would find things about your work habits they didn't like because it wasn't flawless. Sure you may do a serviceable job but that is not good enough...you know some of us want you to be perfect and right away.

And by the way I was being sarcastic on the previous post so you can knock it for being a stupid argument...I'm just tired of listening to people like you...not sure how you live your life but looks like its full with negativity...and for that I feel bad for you.

And you and many others are missing my point.  i am not trying to make excuses of why we lose this game or that game.  I am pointing to a bottom line factor of mediocrity and no advancement from leavitt's teams.  And you're right, he doesn't have terrible seasons but all he brings to the table is a crap bowl game year after year.  I would love to believe that they can win the big east under leavitt but I will believe it when I see it and I can tell you that it's not happening this year or probably any other year.  Talk is cheap, results are on the field and they are average...that's all, thank you.

• Content Count:  760

Its ridiculous that this thread even exist. I, as much as any Bulls fan, want to see success. If you want to see the program go down the crapper, then yea, fire Jim Leavitt. I mean **** I know we live in a fast paced, results now, type of society but geez. Be patient. It will only make it that much sweeter when we do win the big one.

13 yrs folks...recruiting in this state for only 13 yrs and bringing in these results. AMAZING. Fastest rise in history.

Yea we need to reach for and expect bigger and better things, but if you think Jim doesnt know that and feel the same way you are insane. He is more disappointed than anyone on this board. He has steered us right thus far and I have faith that he is working towards making us better every week.

I am more than ready to give the guy a few more yrs before overzealous alum/students/fans throw him under the bus.

• Content Count:  108

you can say that is all and that is my point...because you may say you are going on a lot of history but in all reality they have only folded 2 years.......2 years. Other than that I would hope people would not have expected them to be a team to challenge for a title of any kind. You think there is a huge amount of results to go back on but it still is not that long. The last 2 years have probably been the best years they have even had to compete for any sort of championship...but I would use the other 10 years or so to say Leavitt is only mediocre. If you give him another 5 years and it continues it is one thing....but to say all he is mediocre is an early statement. They are now just starting to really challenge and develop a team to win a BE title. So I wouldn't say its been year after year after year after year like you assume. Plus this year is not over yet.....you seem to make the assumption that is it.....and that is my point. You should wait and see before this may all come back to bite you.

• Content Count:  4,879

and if we make it to a fifth straight bowl, we will be sure to enjoy it.  sad that you won't be able to.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Good, then enjoy the pizza bowl.

Gotta love the fallacy of your entire premise of anyone who disagrees with you must automatically want to go to the pizza bowl.  That just tells me that you know nothing, and are incapable of having an intelligent conversation.

We got our butts whooped in that game.  Could we have executed better?  Absolutely.  However, Cincy was CLEARLY the better team in that game.  There's no question about that.  To call for the coach's firing after the first loss of the season to a top ten team that clearly deserves the ranking is nothing short of ignorance.

Archived