• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIRE JIM LEAVITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

RichmondBull AKA M-A-B makes all of our degrees less valuable just by existing.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Put me down for being on the fence. I will say the coaching I saw last night was unforgivable, in all phases of the game.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Two thoughts:  Coaching last night wasn't great on our side, but it wasn't terrible either...just better on the other side of the field.  And this thread reeks of double-posting.  IP check, please!

• Content Count:  724

Look jay me, you can not like me all you want but I am voicing my opinions about this lackluster coaching staff.  Show me where leavitt has been a good coach.  A .500 record against BCS schools.  I'm putting out facts, prove me wrong if you'd like.

• Content Count:  724

Again, no one here offering any ideas on replacement. We get a new coach and win the Big East? LOL We got Cincy DC, and CAN'T BEAT Cincy. Maybe Parcells or Cower. Mark Richt might be on the streets soon. Oh wait, USF doesn't have and money so a 4-5 mil a year contract so someone great is out of the question. We get rid of Leavitt and looking at who is available and how much USF can pay, chances are we become the next Syracuse of the conference.

Why not look at a 1-AA coach that has been successful?  Brian Kelley started off in a 1-AA or Div 2 school and he was succesful.  They saw that he was a winner and he moved up to 1-A.  Leavitt is not a winner, he's average.

• Content Count:  667

Why don't you go and find someone who in their first decade, with a starting program with a better record. I am sure you will find TONs with worse. Remember, first decade in team's existence. If you can find, say 5 with better records, you have a valid point. Got prove YOUR point.

we need to stop using the pre-Big East days as an excuse and a crutch for what's going on now..in Div II, I-AA, I-A indep, and CUSA, you can rack up wins by just recruiting superior athletes. i dont think anyone can argue that jim has done a decent job at that.. and in those leagues, you just put guys who are bigger and faster and they will win more than they lose.

but this is a BCS conference now-- and recruiting/athletes are a bit overrated.  why?  because everyone on this level gets good recruits.  it's all about player development and coaching strategies.  that's where jim lacks and brian kelly thrives.. and that's what makes him (brian kelly) a good coach.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Look jay me, you can not like me all you want but I am voicing my opinions about this lackluster coaching staff.  Show me where leavitt has been a good coach.  A .500 record against BCS schools.  I'm putting out facts, prove me wrong if you'd like.

OK, Fact Boy, to be entirely accurate, he is 21-20 against BCS schools since we turned BCS in 2005. Still around average, but considering the overall talent and faciliities he had to work with during that time, only a fool would call that underachieving. Going further, since we turned 1-A in 2001, USF is 47-36 against 1-A programs that are older than we are. Again, almost half those years, playing with players recruited out of trailers. Only a complete moron would call that underachieving. Fact is you're just a green and gold goggled whining clown who thinks just because we are the University of South Florida, we should have been a major player in the world of college football, if not the minute we went 1-A, the second we obtained BCS status. You have no concept of reality in your little world.

Having said that, is Brian Kelly a better coach than Leavitt? Evidence sure indicates that he is at this point in time.... but could Kelly take a program from NOTHING to a #2 ranking in a dozen years? Maybe, maybe not .... FACT is, Leavitt did.... but is he the one to take us to the next level? Honestly, I don't know ... What I do know is that having a 5-1 record, with a win over a battered in-state traditional power ... with that 1 loss just having come less than 24 hours earlier, at the hands of a top 10 team ... a loss that ended a ******* 5 game winning streak over ranked teams, this is not the time to be having a serious discussion about this unless you have deep rooted mental problems.

• Content Count:  667

OK, Fact Boy, to be entirely accurate, he is 21-20 against BCS schools since we turned BCS in 2005. Still around average, but considering the overall talent and faciliities he had to work with during that time, only a fool would call that underachieving. Going further, since we turned 1-A in 2001, USF is 47-36 against 1-A programs that are older than we are. Again, almost half those years, playing with players recruited out of trailers. Only a complete moron would call that underachieving. Fact is you're just a green and gold goggled whining clown who thinks just because we are the University of South Florida, we should have been a major player in the world of college football, if not the minute we went 1-A, the second we obtained BCS status. You have no concept of reality in your little world.

Having said that, is Brian Kelly a better coach than Leavitt? Evidence sure indicates that he is at this point in time.... but could Kelly take a program from NOTHING to a #2 ranking in a dozen years? Maybe, maybe not .... FACT is, Leavitt did.... but is he the one to take us to the next level? Honestly, I don't know ... What I do know is that having a 5-1 record, with a win over a battered in-state traditional power ... with that 1 loss just having come less than 24 hours earlier, at the hands of a top 10 team ... a loss that ended a ******* 5 game winning streak over ranked teams, this is not the time to be having a serious discussion about this unless you have deep rooted mental problems.

you and RichmondBull remind me of a Red Sox vs. Yankees fan or an Ohio State vs. Michigan fan.. RichmondBull (like a yankee or michigan fan) is not afraid to admit that their is something deficient in their team/program.. YOU (like a red sox or ohio state fan) refuse to believe that there is something wrong-- almost to the point of being delusional about it.

listen, man.  we all know what jim has done before the Big East.. YES, we credit him for getting us here.. but HERE is a different place, with different expectations, and different athletes, and more importantly, different coaches. so let's start the clock from the time we joined the big east-- we've been in a BCS conference for 5 years now.. so we cant use the excuse that we don't have talent.  and if you really want to compare apples to apples, UCONN, CINCY, and LOUISVILLE all joined the big east when we did and they have all won a conference title already.. so, from that aspect, they had the same amount of time to get BCS-level recruits that we have.

so calling people "complete morons" or having "deep rooted mental problems" doesn't change these facts-- and maybe you need to read Bulliever's thread about keeping it classy and not name-calling.

does jim leavitt get credit for building this program from the ground up to what it is today-- ABSOLUTELY.  HOWEVER: do they give out awards for building programs? NOPE.

Archived