• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIRE JIM LEAVITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

So Richmondbull, if you were a Gator fan, would you put this thread up today? After the Miss St or Auburn losses? Or if you were a VT fan, would you want to fire Beamer today? I mean those teams made tons of mistakes. Texans and OU, tons of mistakes. You would want to fire Stoops right, I mean, he can't keep his QB healthy  so he MUST have to go right? I mean,  USF has a better record then OU and VT, those guys HAVE to go right?

No because those coaches have proven that they can lead a team to a conference championship.  What has leavitt done?  3rd place one year? Awesome! :-\

That was the past, not the present. They get a bye? You give a pass to what happens now because of what those coaches did in the past and chuck what is happening now out the window? You must have wanted the Bucs to keep Gruden forever because of that Super Bowl win. Awesome!

It was the past but the past tells that these coaches can win the most important games.  Where has leavitt done this?  How many years are you going to give him to get it done?

BTW, Georgia Tech, the first team in college history to win all the major bowls (now the BCS bowls), and who had a national championship in the early 90s won its first game at home over a top 5 opponent SINCE 1962 when they beat VT. This just goes to show how unrealistic your expectations are about a very young USF football team's progression and achievements. You repeatedly want to throw out how young the program is in your argument. You want to ignore the fact that USF is not going, actually can't afford, to fire Leavitt. When asked who do you want to replace him, you say, its not your job to replace him. Well, luckily, its not your job to fire him either. Your looking at other teams and saying why not USF is like looking at UConn's Men's basketball program and asking, why can't USF make it to the Final Four? For one thing so many factors play into effect, there are NO GUARANTEES no matter who you got for a coach and a team you are going to the BCS. GT got thrashed by Miami. VT beat the crap out of Miami, but GT beats VT. You think that was going to play that way? I don't think anyone did. USF can do the same thing and win the rest of the season. Just give them a chance.

I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, the rabid 'Fire CJL' crowd seems as dense as the UCiFers were before 2007. It'll take a lot of bashing with a clue bat before they see the light.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  724

So Richmondbull, if you were a Gator fan, would you put this thread up today? After the Miss St or Auburn losses? Or if you were a VT fan, would you want to fire Beamer today? I mean those teams made tons of mistakes. Texans and OU, tons of mistakes. You would want to fire Stoops right, I mean, he can't keep his QB healthy  so he MUST have to go right? I mean,  USF has a better record then OU and VT, those guys HAVE to go right?

No because those coaches have proven that they can lead a team to a conference championship.  What has leavitt done?  3rd place one year? Awesome! :-\

That was the past, not the present. They get a bye? You give a pass to what happens now because of what those coaches did in the past and chuck what is happening now out the window? You must have wanted the Bucs to keep Gruden forever because of that Super Bowl win. Awesome!

It was the past but the past tells that these coaches can win the most important games.  Where has leavitt done this?  How many years are you going to give him to get it done?

BTW, Georgia Tech, the first team in college history to win all the major bowls (now the BCS bowls), and who had a national championship in the early 90s won its first game at home over a top 5 opponent SINCE 1962 when they beat VT. This just goes to show how unrealistic your expectations are about a very young USF football team's progression and achievements. You repeatedly want to throw out how young the program is in your argument. You want to ignore the fact that USF is not going, actually can't afford, to fire Leavitt. When asked who do you want to replace him, you say, its not your job to replace him. Well, luckily, its not your job to fire him either. Your looking at other teams and saying why not USF is like looking at UConn's Men's basketball program and asking, why can't USF make it to the Final Four? For one thing so many factors play into effect, there are NO GUARANTEES no matter who you got for a coach and a team you are going to the BCS. GT got thrashed by Miami. VT beat the crap out of Miami, but GT beats VT. You think that was going to play that way? I don't think anyone did. USF can do the same thing and win the rest of the season. Just give them a chance.

I will give him a chance but I am also being realistic too.  Until leavitt wins in the big east he hasn't done anything to improve the program past where they are at now.  Just getting in to a BCS conference was big but year after year of not contending for the championship is just hitting a road block in the program.  And if they finish yet again with a mediocre season then what will happen?  More excuses?  Same story every year.  Same mistakes every year.

And you kept mentioning 5-1, 5-1, 5-1.  Blah blah blah!  Look at those 5 wins and tell me which team was a quality win?  First 3 games against cupcakes, 4th game against an OVERrated FSU that is now 2-4 and obviously sucks, 5th game against the worst team in the big east (maybe next to Louisville).  Then they finally get to a truly important conference game and back come the late hits, face masks, block in the backs, terribly predictable play calling, not making adjustments, deciding to let alvarado try a field goal, etc...

• Content Count:  1,777

Every year there are always going to be reasons/excuses why USF does not win big games or compete for the Big East Championship. The key is to make steps  towards winning the Big East Championship.  Going into this year the issue was depth and talent. USF did a good job recruiting last year and now we are waiting for the talent to develop. Next year it will be something else.  The key is preparing the team to win on a weekly basis, with the talent available. This is an area where the USF program has been inconsistent over the years, until that is resolved do not get your hopes up for a Big East Championship.

FYI:

I am not a fan of firing Jim Leavitt but I would like to see improvements.

I will give him a chance but I am also being realistic too.  Until leavitt wins in the big east he hasn't done anything to improve the program past where they are at now.  Just getting in to a BCS conference was big but year after year of not contending for the championship is just hitting a road block in the program.  And if they finish yet again with a mediocre season then what will happen?  More excuses?  Same story every year.  Same mistakes every year.

And you kept mentioning 5-1, 5-1, 5-1.  Blah blah blah!  Look at those 5 wins and tell me which team was a quality win?  First 3 games against cupcakes, 4th game against an OVERrated FSU that is now 2-4 and obviously *****, 5th game against the worst team in the big east (maybe next to Louisville).  Then they finally get to a truly important conference game and back come the late hits, face masks, block in the backs, terribly predictable play calling, not making adjustments, deciding to let alvarado try a field goal, etc...

USF could be 11-0 against cupcakes, so what? Doesn't matter who you play its if you win. We lost to a TOP 10 TEAM. DUH. And if you are any kind of a fan, you know that the expectations of this year's team was not that high, especially when many thought last year was THE year. Did you really expect for the Bulls to win the Big East this year? Really? With that inexperience at DB that came up just about every game last year? Did you see those games with the DBs getting burned over and over again?

Going by expectations Pitt should won the Big East by now, don't you think? NFL coach, great talent. Tons of money in that program that is rich in history, producing NFL talent on a regular basis. And I doubt people are happy in Syracuse. Don't forget Rutgers, the BIRTHPLACE of College Football! And UConn, they really didn't win the Big East, as co-winners in 2007, since they were lower ranked then WVU they didn't go to the BCS game, they went to the Meineke Car Care Bowl AND LOST!!!

Since realignment here is who has won the Big East, their record and who ended up at the BCS.

2005 West Virginia 7-0                     West Virginia

2006 Louisville 6-1                             Louisville

2007 West Virginia / Connecticut 5-2     West Virginia

2008 Cincinnati 6-1                             Cincinnati

4 years, 3 teams have really won, gone to BCS games. You really need to start complaining a little while down the road. I don't see the Bulls contending until next year when BJ has some experience. We lose Selvie but its the last year of JPP and Giddens will be on the other end. Some of these DBs will have matured and Ford will be in his senior year. The O line will have matured and had time to gel, I mean COME ON, you have to have a decent O line to win big games and this O line is inexperience and young. These are the things you need to look for, not just ranting and raving its Leavitt's fault his player did this and that player did that, all the pieces have to fall into place, players need to mature, you have to have some luck, you have to have all the players you need at the key positions and you have to avoid the injury bug. Murphy had a horrible game, may have cost USF that game, but has he had one like it in the past? I don't remember one. Did Leavitt somehow miscoach him since the last game? I SERIOUSLY Doubt it. Our WRs usually catch those passes, they have in the past. Did Leavitt teach them how NOT to catch a ball all of the sudden, hmmm? Sh&t happens, this team is already playing well above most's expectations.

"Wait till next year," I've heard that every year the past 5 seasons.  And then they give out the same result, no improvements.  That's the bottom line.  And you can give me paragraphs of why this or that happened or how we had inexperience here and there but the fact still stays the same.  Same results year after year.

• Content Count:  13

STUPID POST!! :furious

Last I say it wasn't Leavitt over or under throwing his receivers. Or dropping passes. Or dropping interceptions.

Face it the players dropped the ball again.  BJ looked like a red-shirt freshman tonight.  We have to come to terms to this!

Leave CJL alone and hold the player accountable

I agree that the players did perform very poorly, mostly the offense. The execution was terrible.  So many missed opportunities... too many to name. But in the 3rd quarter taking Daniels out for our 2nd string crossed my mind, especially after he had two open guys in scoring position and made a terrible un-catchable pass over the middle that was like ten feet away from the nearest receiver. Multiple times the fans were pointing to open receivers. Daniels held onto the ball too long when he should have just tucked early and gained an easy 2-5 yards rather than forcing passes on broken plays and taking sacs. What made things worse is when the receivers were open Daniels missed the target, and when Daniels was on target, the receivers dropped the ball.

I think overall though that the defense did a good job except for the dropped interceptions, one of which could have been easily returned for a TD, and not stopping the ground game in the second half though they hadn't prepared for that style of offense. Our defense held Cincy to 10 in the first half and our offense wasn't making it any easier because as soon as the defense was off the field, three plays later they were back on. Our defense game could have been the exact same and the offense had been able to keep the ball longer, move the chains, put some points up, and keep Cincy's offense off the field we could have EASILY won.

About the coaches... I was really disappointed in the play calling in the 4th quarter. It seemed as though the coaches just threw in towel and were satisfied taking a loss. We had THREE time outs and we didn't use one of them, we just let the clock run to zero. I couldn't believe it. I also tired of running the ball the first play EVERY time we took over possession, and I think we should have had a few more designed runs for Daniels. Our offense had so many chances at drives but just kept going 3 and out.

My opinion though is that the players were the reason for our loss. I think without the bad decisions and dropped passes/interceptions we could have won, despite the penalties we had, though they didn't help. And yes, I think the refs had some questionable calls, though I couldn't see the film since I was in the stands. I saw a lot of missed holding calls on Cincy that would have made a huge difference. 

Wonderfully put Gismo! Our poor defense were DEAD...didnt get ANY time for a breather...our offense blew it...and WAY too many mistakes...Murrphy alone had what...5-7 penalties called on him??

And you kept mentioning 5-1, 5-1, 5-1.  Blah blah blah!  Look at those 5 wins and tell me which team was a quality win?  First 3 games against cupcakes, 4th game against an OVERrated FSU that is now 2-4 and obviously *****, 5th game against the worst team in the big east (maybe next to Louisville).  Then they finally get to a truly important conference game and back come the late hits, face masks, block in the backs, terribly predictable play calling, not making adjustments, deciding to let alvarado try a field goal, etc...

USF could be 11-0 against cupcakes, so what? Doesn't matter who you play its if you win. We lost to a TOP 10 TEAM. DUH. And if you are any kind of a fan, you know that the expectations of this year's team was not that high, especially when many thought last year was THE year. Did you really expect for the Bulls to win the Big East this year? Really? With that inexperience at DB that came up just about every game last year? Did you see those games with the DBs getting burned over and over again?

Going by expectations Pitt should won the Big East by now, don't you think? NFL coach, great talent. Tons of money in that program that is rich in history, producing NFL talent on a regular basis. And I doubt people are happy in Syracuse. Don't forget Rutgers, the BIRTHPLACE of College Football! And UConn, they really didn't win the Big East, as co-winners in 2007, since they were lower ranked then WVU they didn't go to the BCS game, they went to the Meineke Car Care Bowl AND LOST!!!

Since realignment here is who has won the Big East, their record and who ended up at the BCS.

2005 West Virginia 7-0                     West Virginia

2006 Louisville 6-1                             Louisville

2007 West Virginia / Connecticut 5-2     West Virginia

2008 Cincinnati 6-1                             Cincinnati

4 years, 3 teams have really won, gone to BCS games. You really need to start complaining a little while down the road. I don't see the Bulls contending until next year when BJ has some experience. We lose Selvie but its the last year of JPP and Giddens will be on the other end. Some of these DBs will have matured and Ford will be in his senior year. The O line will have matured and had time to gel, I mean COME ON, you have to have a decent O line to win big games and this O line is inexperience and young. These are the things you need to look for, not just ranting and raving its Leavitt's fault his player did this and that player did that, all the pieces have to fall into place, players need to mature, you have to have some luck, you have to have all the players you need at the key positions and you have to avoid the injury bug. Murphy had a horrible game, may have cost USF that game, but has he had one like it in the past? I don't remember one. Did Leavitt somehow miscoach him since the last game? I SERIOUSLY Doubt it. Our WRs usually catch those passes, they have in the past. Did Leavitt teach them how NOT to catch a ball all of the sudden, hmmm? Sh&t happens, this team is already playing well above most's expectations.

"Wait till next year," I've heard that every year the past 5 seasons.  And then they give out the same result, no improvements.  That's the bottom line.  And you can give me paragraphs of why this or that happened or how we had inexperience here and there but the fact still stays the same.  Same results year after year.

Same result year after year for all of 4 years. Waaaaaaaaa  BTW, I live in the suburbs of Atlanta, they are still waiting on a Super Bowl win, and its been a lot longer then 4 years.

And have they kept the same coach in Atlanta?

Listen, I'm done going back and forth on this with you.  We'll have to agree to disagree.  We'll revisit this topic later after we finish 8-4 or 9-3

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

funny leavitt defenders have disappeared into the night much like usf did against cinncy

leavitt is nothing more than an average coach and an above average administrator

• Content Count:  108

I love all the people on here who believe they know all the things wrong and especially when it is Jim Leavitt. Apparently these guys are involved in the athletic program and know much more than we do...oh and much more than Jim Leavitt does too.

I got an idea why don't we fire Jim Leavitt and hire all these guys to do that job...kinda like a combo head coaching job. I mean they know all the things wrong with the team and apparently it is so easy to fix that just the simple firing of Jim Leavitt will fix it. It is obvious that one firing like this is a quick fix.

I'm glad we finally thought of this before USF fell off the face of the earth and dissolved into nothing. Don't worry guys it is all fixed now and we will be winning BE championships in no time....you can thank me later.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Listen, I'm done going back and forth on this with you.  We'll have to agree to disagree.  We'll revisit this topic later after we finish 8-4 or 9-3

Surely you aren't implying that you'll want to revisit the fire CJL stuff if we go 9-3 ....?? You cannot possibly be that big of an assclown.

• Content Count:  1,400

Surely you aren't implying that you'll want to revisit the fire CJL stuff if we go 9-3 ....?? You cannot possibly be that big of an assclown.

I wouldnt put it past some of the people on this board... by the way when you put someone under ignore button and they start a thread does it still show up?

Archived